Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Saturday,

The weekend is here! I think I'm glad! Right now easy child and difficult child are being such total difficult children with my dad and his wife here that I almost wish I was back at work-grr!:whiteflag:

I'm off to work in a couple of minutes and then will visit with Dad and his wife. I'm making enchiladas for dinner-yumm. They will leave late afternoon or early evening.

Tonight I plan on just vegging in front of the tv although depending on the time they leave I may just end up sneaking in a much needed visit to the health club!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

:xmasdancers: Good Saturday Morning Sharon and all to follow!

Well Sharon, sounds like you could use and hour or two at work this morning if, for nothing else, a little quiet! You will survive to be a couch potatoe tonight!!!!!

Lots of little things on the schedule today - one of my friends is coming over this morning and we will be putting the finishing touches on the costumes for the children's nativity procession at my church on 12/24. My teen class helped, but somethings you just need a woman's touch!!!!

difficult child is 85% done with his science experiement. Just putting the last few things on his presentation board and it's done! It's not due until Friday, but I told him it needs to be done today!!! He has another project for English due on Friday - but it's one he's excited about. They have to take real prefixes, real suffixes, and real root words but put them together to make up a new word. They have to make a book with drawings. difficult child is making a "Gamer Addict's Dictionary" - extremely appropriate!!!!! This is one project he is excited about! He's taking pictures of all his gaming equipment for the cover!

Things will settle here late this afternoon and then the kids and I will watch a movie. I know it's crazy, but I'm grilling some chicken for an early dinner - I have some buffalo wing sauce and am marinating chicken breasts in it - then I'll pop it on the grill. I know it's cold, but it's so much better on the grill.

easy child wants an early dinner so she can hang with friends tonight. Works for me!

I hope your Saturday is productive and stressfree. If productive to you is relaxation, so be it!!!! :gingerbread:

Sharon

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:tongue::tongue:
Wiped out - I was here a few minutes ago and then wen to the watercooler. It then dawned on me there wasn't a morning thread. I came back to start it and here you are! Good Morning. I hope you have a great day. There have been some good shows on t.v. for the holidays though I don't look ahead so don't know what is on tonight.

I will be on edge until everyone is safe at home with plans on staying. Ugh. Blizzard coming in. husband needs to take the little car one hour away to storage shed while we can still get in the shed without much shoveling. I told him we should take it out now and be back by 9:00 for Sunday School practice. But no - he can not spend the gas to drive out there and not spend and entire day hunting or whatever! Stupid - just get home!

Then easy child wants to go to a concert 60 miles away. The concert is to end about eleven o'clock tonight in the midst of the blizzard but she still has to go because the roads will be o.k. to get there. We can't plan ahead and stay safe to get back you know. Ugh. I pray they close the roads before she starts out.

With all the kids at practice this morning - I think I will make the announcement that there will be no Sunday School tomorrow morning. Pastor will most likely say no, we have to have Sunday School no matter what. If so, I will put it into his lap to run the program tomorrow. I refuse to make phone calls to figure out who wants to
plow through the snow tomorrow to do whatever with the kids. Church should be canceled but we have way too many people that don't have the common sense to stay home when they should even when Dept of Transportation says no travel unless absolutely necessary. This is one of those that if the early morning tomorrow looks doable, it will blizzard all day so once you get to church even one hour later you probably will not be able to get home.

I hope everyone has a great day today. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

Andy

Little Dude's Mom - I figured someone would sneak in on me. You do have a great day planned! Have fun! Dude's project sound like fun!

Marguerite

G'day, folks. I'm late getting to the computer tonight, I had to wait in line behind the fellas.

Sharon/WO, enjoy your break at work. It does throw kids off, when relatives come to stay, especially when those rellies refuse to make any concessions for the kids, despite the fact that THEY are the invaders!

Sharon/LDM, the nativity costumes should be lovely, if you're prepared this far ahead. difficult child's science experiment sounds really interesting.

Andy, I hope the blizzard holds off for you. And hopefully your little car will be safely in storage by now, even if husband got waylaid along the way home.

What a day! After yesterday being cold and rainy, the day dawned this morning on a more typical summer day - except that after yesterday's rain, it all turned into steam and headed back to where ti came from! We had a couple of street fairs today, one in the main street and another at the church. The one at the church suffered by being less obvious and from competition. I went to both, suffering from the steamy heat in the process. It's difficult to cool down with sweat when the air is already saturated!

I did buy a few things, mostly possible antique bits. A handful of spoons, an old glass measuring jug. At the church sale (proceeds going to refugee aid) I put a bid on a painting by our neighbour, a painting of his dog that I've admired for years. He did three of these two years ago but this one was always my favourite. However, the price was always too high. This was a silent auction, so I doubled the previous bid in an attempt to get the bidding to really get going. But it didn't - I got the painting, for about half what it was offered for sale, two years ago, unfinished. Only now it's finished.
So I'm really happy, I did a good thing for charity, I bought a bargain AND at last I have a painting I've admired for years, by an artist whose work I also love but never thought I could afford to own.
The artist is a portrait painter, he's painted many famous faces. But I love this one of his dog (who is also a friend of mine).

I could if I needed to, offer the painting for sale for maybe five times what I paid for it. But I don't want to.

difficult child 3 & I got to the beach this afternoon - by then it was beginning to get very windy, we were getting macrodermabrasion from the wind-whipped sand. The wind was hot, so it was very enjoyable in the water even though it was cold. It's just after midnight and I'm still sitting here in my swimsuit, the fan cooling the room.
mother in law dropped in - to see the painting, and also to ask us to rescue her just-delivered Christmas tree, it was shrivelling in the hot wind despite being in a bucket of water in the shade. Her living room now smells of pine; we'll decorate it when the cousins arrive from Perth in ten days' time.

Tomorrow will be cooler but still windy. Sunny. It's the train club's Christmas party, it should be a very enjoyable day. I just baked a batch of mince pies (I bought these baking tins at the market today too) but I will have to wait until morning to get them out of the tins.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, I remember when work was respite for me. Stepping away from the chaos at home to a well run office was a delight. Enjoy your morning. Enchiladas sound wonderful - so what time is dinner & can I bring anything? ;)

Sharon (ldm), doesn't sound crazy to be grilling out. Our family does it all year long. You seem to have a very pleasant Saturday planned for you & yours. Enjoy.

Andy, I know of which blizzard you are speaking ~ I hope easy child has alternative plans for the evening or at least someplace to flop for the night. According to the weather it's to be an ugly night weather wise.

I didn't get half of what I wanted to do done yesterday. Since husband left I'm being bombarded by team members (both tweedle dees & tweedle dums). They all seem to need some explanation & reassurance on the state of our family. I cannot give them what they seem to be looking for. All I can do is to keep doing what I've done, as long as my system tolerates it & then I sleep. Geez.

Since yesterdays plan was a flop I'm cutting it down to the bare minimum. I have butter out softening for cookie dough even as we speak & I know I can manage that this morning. kt & I will rearrange the living room (kt's been working out - I'll be the brains of the bunch ;)); once Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) working comes in we'll bake cookies; Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker & kt can work on the tree. That will be it for today. I'll finish as much as I can.

I'm making a quick run out to the store for a few things; there is to be snow & blizzard like weather all around us. But I think I'll play it safe.

Have a wonderful Saturday.