Good Saturday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

:coldday: Good Morning Friends!

Hope you are all snug in your beds or warm houses - at least those of you experiencing this cold January morning!

easy child's best friend spent the night last night as the three of us will head about 90 minutes a way to an outlet mall early this morning. The girls want to go to Off5th because they are having a huge clearance. We are leaving early and returning right after lunch time. difficult child will probably sleep until noon and he won't miss us!!!!

On a sad note, I know you all join me in sending our love and prayers to Linda, TimerLady. Her husband passed away yesterday afternoon. He had come out of the coma a few days ago and had been able to interact with family the last couple days. He passed peacefully and apparently Linda was with him. Wm and Kt will need our positive thoughts as well. This family has much to come to turms with right now. Love you Linda.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-A day of shopping sounds fun. Enjoy!

It is cold here but apparently we have arctic air on the way-predictions of -18 degrees for lows with wind chills of up to -40. At least it isn't to arrive for a couple of days yet!

Work this morning-I'm running late. Later the health club and napping for sure-don't know what else will pop up.

Linda-Sending my deepest sympathies-your family is close in my thoughts and prayers. Sending much love your way.

Marguerite

G'day, folks. Our January is warming up again, we keep getting storms or rain forecast, but there's very little moisture in it. The next few days will be warm but not hot, but no hint of any moisture for at least the next week. difficult child 3 wanted to go to the beach today but we were busy right when it was warm enough to go. Maybe tomorrow. The tourists come in, though, and the place gets crowded even on cloudy days. I got busy cooking today, difficult child 3 was helping me. More cooking tomorrow, I have a moussaka to finish.

Sharon/LDM, good luck with getting all that shopping done in just one morning. We rarely get back home until after lunch.

Sharon/WO, I can't fathom it being that cold. We had a -30 C freezer at work, there were very strict safety rules about its use. Of course, my boss broke the rules. He put a bucket of water in the freezer because he wanted ice, fast. When he took it out again (thankfully, using the required gauntlets) the plastic of the bucket had passed glass transition point, and when he sat it all on the sink draining board the bucket shattered just from the temperature increase. Over the next hour the bucket continued to shatter and the ice also broke up, shattering and sounding like gunshots, as it warmed faster than it could cope.
He never did it again.

Sorry to hear about your husband, Linda. It has been a really bad time for you, to have to cope with all that on top of all you've had dumped on you over the last few years. I'm glad you had the chance to be with him, and that he was briefly conscious. I just told husband - he also sends his condolences to you all, Linda.

M

ML

I love shopping clearance. I just found a 70 percent off sale at JC Penney's and got manster a new wardrobe.

I'm sorry you have to work Sharon but I'm so proud of you for the gym.

Marg I hope you have a great day.

My heart and prayers go out to Linda, WM and KT. I hope she knows how much we all love her and are here to support her through the healing process.

I have house cleaning today. I've let it go, this may be an all dayer. I also have grocery shopping but may pawn that off on husband.

Great day to all!

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Linda - I am so sorry. This has been so fast and so intense, so hard. I pray that you find the strength and comfort of friends to get through these next few days and then the next month. It will take a long time, especially with the kids.

Little Dude's Mom - Have fun shopping. I hope you get some great buys.

Wiped Out - Stay warm. I am afraid to look at our temps. I don't think we are that cold at the moment but were a few weeks ago.

Marg - I hope difficult child 3 finds a good non-crowded time to swim tomorrow. In your boss' story, I hear the lesson that as cold as we get, we probably shouldn't ask for an instant warm up to our desired temp? Sounds like we would have more problems than just flooding. Slow and steady (well, not too cold but not too fast either).

ML - Have a good day house cleaning.

I slept in this morning. It helped get rid of my pressure headache from the contract work. I feel it rising a little again - Tylenol, here I come! I will be fine.

difficult child is cleaning his game room and suppose to work some on his bedroom. We will then go bowling this afternoon.

I also hope to get into work today or tomorrow.

I decided to not go to Brainerd today. Mainly because I didn't get up until 9:00 am and second there is work to do at home.

I hope everyone has a great day. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.