Good Saturday Morning

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Today is the day that Duckie is supposed to go to the zoo to interview the zookeeper. We will probably need to reschedule as she got sick last night. :(

Plus, she will miss an Easter egg hunt later. And husband and I won't be able to go out to dinner like we planned. I'm bummed!

Have a great day! :salute:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-I'm sorry Duckie is sick and will have to miss so much today. Is there anyone who could watch her tonight so that you and husband could still go out? I hope Duckie is feeling better soon!

I'm off to work in a bit. easy child has a meeting from 8:30-12:30 for her scholarship program but I don't think she is too happy about having to go.

We will be dropping difficult child off at respite at 1:00. Somehow a nap and the health club must happen today. We are suppose to get 3-6 inches of snow tonight-think we'll use the fire place for probably the last time this year.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

TM, I hope Duckie feels better soon. A shame to have to re-schedule, but the interview sounds like it should be really informative.

Sharon/WO, I hope you get everything done that you need to. A busy, productive day followed by sitting by the fire while the snow falls outside - how romantic! And of course it's Earth Hour tonight, so you have the perfect ecuse for a romantic evening.

Of course, if you miss the gym you can always shovel the paths and driveway...

G'day, people.

It's just past the end of Earth Hour here but our lights are still off, candles are still burning. difficult child 3 did the washing up by candlelight, fussing over it a lot because he really does get anxious sometimes.

Today was a fun but at times full day. husband went to the train track as usual, but when they finished their chores a few men were firing up their locomotives (miniature live steam) and one bloke who currently has a bad back (you have to lean over these things to drive them) let husband have a drive. husband was stoked! This man has made the absolute best loco, his craftsmanship is superb. husband said it was like being offered to ride the thoroughbred racehorse when you're used to broken-down nags, or walking.

Meanwhile I was at my writers meeting where we had some really great writing exercises. It was really stimulating, we crammed a lot of stuff in and the group also got a few new members, which is always good.

I got home before sunset to find that husband had stopped off at the fish market and brought home some inexpensive but delicious sea bream. He cooks it so simply - pan-fries it in a smear of butter, nothing added to the fish at all. Just plain. It's all it needs.

Then to the washing up, and Earth Hour. Hopefully we'll have an early night and then tomorrow we have to go out to the hardware store to take back the new woodchipper husband bought today, assembled, turned on - and then watched it go gurgle, then stop. Hmm. Not healthy. But husband has Tuesday off work, he wants to be chipping on Tuesday, not arguing with hardware store people then. We have a lot of weeds in the backyard, if we can mulch them instead of throwing them in the bin then we can clear a lot more in a faster time. AND get some good mulch for the garden at the same time. All good.

Meanwhile I've come home with a number of writing tasks to deal with, including a book review or two. I've had my writing on the back shelf for a few years, it's time to get busier with it and start submitting again.

We just finished watching "Happy Feet". I didn't realise Steve Irwin was in it. A fun film.

Enjoy your Saturday, people. When Earth Hour comes round for you, have the champagne ready, and the roses. Or perhaps the massage oil, warming in a dish of hot water. May as well make it as romantic as possible!

Marg

Last edited:
M

ML

TM I hope Duckie feels better and that someone can watch her so you can go out to dinner.

WO You inspire me with your schedule and working out. Enjoy your fire. We are approaching the end of our fireplace season as well. The snow "blizzard" we just had was great for that. Frankly in Colorado it's possible to have a snow day till June and as early as Sept.

Marguerite I am so happy to hear you're picking back momentum with your writing. Your word pictures truly take us to other places and having you among us sharing your gift is a blessing I cherish.

I am off for the next week for spring break. I took the time off to be with manster. We'll take long walks and maybe long naps too. Thursday we head off to Vegas where I'm hoping for pool weather and a chance to soak up some Vit D.

I hope everyone has a great day.

Last edited: