Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Saturday morning Friends,

The weekend is here!!! I'm off to work in bit and also to weigh in. I hope I have lost some weight this week as it's been another good week of eating and working out (I even turned down homemade cupcakes yesterday).

Early this afternoon, I'm going to meet my friend and godson. We're going to some place where they have all kinds of things to play with (never been there) and it's only $5 for kids-adults free. I haven't seen my godson in so long and want to get him his birthday gifts. I'm thinking of taking difficult child along.

Other than that napping and the club are on my schedule. husband and I will probably watch movies and have popcorn tonight.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Sharon,
Good luck with the weigh in. It always puts a little bounce in my step to see the scale inch down.
We are heading out to a fund raising type walk for unwanted and abused animals. The local rescue organizations will have booth's up and dogs available. Should be fun.
The weather looks threatening. It would be good to get rid of some of the mugginess with a good storm.
difficult child has the social groups end of year barbeque. He is increasingly frustrated that the adults in the social group won't do anything social outside the structure of an N/T adult supervised function. He is a bit more advanced in his social outings dept. but not enough for n/t buddies. He continues to be a square peg trying to get into a round hole. He is doing well though.
Hopefully today will be part productive and part restful. Have a good day everyone.

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- I hope the weigh in and time with your godson go well today!

I'll be doing more canvassing for the school board election (it's on Tuesday) & cleaning. I'm trying to raise the level of cleanliness in my house. It's become fairly cluttered since I was continually sick this winter and early spring.

Duckie had a play date last night... let's just say I was less than impressed when her friend had a huge meltdown because I wouldn't let Duckie spend the night. Oh well! I'm glad Duckie has pretty much moved past that phase... I guess being a mean mommy way-back-when has paid off. At least we've cut out the bratty tantrums... and Duckie is a lot happier for it. She was upset by her friend, though, and said she needs a little break from her because her tantrums scare her.

Oh well. Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:tongue::D:tongue:
Wiped Out - Sounds like a fun day planned for you.

Fran - I hope you find a way to have a storm without having it during your outside events.

Tired - Good luck with your canvassing and cleaning.

Well, it is official. sister in law and brother in law are coming for the day tomorrow. My sister plans on being in town tonight. I need to call my mom to see if they want to come over if only for lunch. That means serious cleaning for me. The bathroom is about done and looks real nice (maybe I will need to squeeze everyone in there). I did some work on the kitchen last night (read my post in Parent E. regarding asking Diva to help). I have asked difficult child to vacuum today. He is excited about those coming so may be willing to help a bit? Otherwise maybe husband will vacuum. I still have dining room and living room deep cleaning to do. My issue is where to put everything? I am going to set up a table or two in the garage to put the boxes of garage sale items.

difficult child received fun news yesterday. When we went to the bowling alley, the staff there handed him a box. It was a trophy from the March 14th (St Patrick's Day) tournament he went to. It was his first tournament and a just for fun one. He got 3rd place in the preps, singles series. So cool! We had given up on getting results from there since it had been two months. They engraved his name wrong and he would like to get that fixed. I told him not to worry about it. The extra letter they added makes it an Irish name so I told him that can be his Irish name for St Paddy's Day.

Off to work I go (in the house - where do I start?). Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh!

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/WO, congrats on the willpower.

Fran, good for you with the animel shelter support. I hope difficult child manages to find his niche more comfortably.

TM, the friend throwing a tantrum is something I recall from easy child 2/difficult child 2 in grade 7. Her friend threw an amazingly public tantrum which shocked me, it shocked my girl too and eventually led to the end of a friendship (other bizarre behaviour began to surface).

Andy, enjoy the family visit. Hope it all goes well.

A quick reply tonight, it's very late. husband has been coughing and feverish all day. difficult child 3 is still coughing a lot, not sure what his temperature is doing. Although it's Saturday, difficult child 3 has continued to work on his Maths assessment task because his extension is only until Monday. He's worked well, though. Gets very frustrated with himself as his medications wear off. Here's hoping he can finish it tomorrow.

One of our top actors died yesterday - Bud Tingwell. He was in one of Australia's favourite films, "The Castle" (which has Eric Bana in a minor supporting role). Tonight we watched "The Castle" which the networks put on as a tribute to Bud. A lovely, loving film. Very Australian. I can heartily recommend it, especially to anyone who likes the Aussie version of "Kath & Kim".

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg