Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Finally Saturday is here and I so wish I wasn't working this morning. My alarm went off (it's right next to my bed) and I hit doze. Nine minutes later when it went off again husband had to wake me up, I didn't even here it going off!

After work this morning we are all suppose to go see "UP". I may have to just have husband and the kids go because I am so tired. Maybe after being up a few hours I'll feel like I can take it on. I've heard it is suppose to be a good movie.

Later (after I've had a good nap) we will head to the health club and we also have lots of cleaning to do-oh joy!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning Sharon, sounds like you really need to recharge your batteries. Hope you enjoy the movie.
It's still dark and overcast but the sun is supposed to shine soon. We went from incredibly scorching temps to cool sweater weather. Sheesh.
The Mrs. Fran house got it's 3 rd addition. We found a Miss Elizabeth for Mr. Darcy. We found Lizzie via petfinders. She had been a stray and found in a pound and was rescued. She did think 4AM was a good time to bark vigorously. LOL. As luck would have it, the two new editions are smaller than their "aircraft carrier" size big brother. Not sure how many dogs it takes to fill the void from Honeysue but I think the kitchen is maxed out for space.

difficult child will return home tomorrow from his visit to Virginia Beach. Next week has him meeting with a casemanager for the first time and his new job coach. They reassigned job coaches because of cut backs. I had a few words to say about people not being interchangeable. I'm sure it was appreciated(sarcasm) difficult child is doing well at present. Not many demands being placed on him so that helps.

Hope your weekend is a good one. We are going to do a bit more yard work before it gets too hot and basically enjoy the peace and quiet from having difficult child out of the house for one more day.

:beautifulthing:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- You sound especially tired... get some rest!

Fran- I hope to see more pics of the pups... they sound wonderful!

I'm off to the church rummage sale soon and will be attending an ACS relay for life with a friend later. Duckie may join me.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

LittleDudesMom

Good Saturday Morning!

Sharon, once you are up and going - you are up and going! Hope you all enjoy the movie this afternoon. We have a new "bowtie" theatre here called MovieLand - it's a theatre in the old style and is in the city. The three of us were thinking about hitting it this afternoon.

Fran, glad to hear Miss Elizabeth is settling in and feels comfortable enough to wake the Fran house at 4am! I am so with you on the "fewer demands" thing. difficult child seems like a easy child when noone is expecting anything from him!!!!!!!!!!

easy child is teaching a water fitness class at 10 and then fining at 11. I'll go and do both because I need to really hit back on my health club attendance. The arm and shoulder are still bothering me, but I can't use that as an excuse.....

After that I'm taking easy child to look at two other apartments her father has. She and her best friend had decided on a really ultra modern studio apt but are having second thoughts because of the minimalistic nature of the space. I will show her two other options so that they can make up their minds!

difficult child is celebrating that fact that next week is "do nothing at school" week - he's already asked if he can stay home Monday!

Wishing everyone a great saturday.

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/WO, sounds like you need a rest. Take advantage of the opportunity.

Fran, Your new arrival sounds quite a B****. Here's hoping she and Mr Darcy can learn to get on well together. I hope you used the proper form of introduction...

TM, the church rummage sale sounds like fun. I always enjoy those.

Sharon/LDM, maybe exercising in the water will be what your arm and shoulder need. And as for easy child's apartment aspirations - explain to her that "minimalist" means "not having to spend on loads of furniture and accessories" and having the perfect excuse.

We saw easy child 2/difficult child 2 in her wedding dress this morning. She still has her heart set on buying an heirloom pearl pendant, a one-off piece of jewellery which, if she buys it, will cost more than the sum total of their combined possessions. I think she's crazy. Plus this morning she showed me a letter that was left under the wiper blades of their car. The letter was a complaint form a neighbour in an adjoining apartment, a neighbour who is objecting to looking at their eyesore of a car every morning. "Clean it of or dump it and buy something better," the letter said. "It should only cost $2500 to buy a decent second-hand car."
That's $2500 the kids haven't got.

easy child 2/difficult child 2 was incensed by the letter. She's fairly sure she knows who it's from (from the broken English, plus a familiar phrase or two). I told her to NOT reply in kind but to show the letter to the landlord, see if there is anything the landlord can do. The car is properly registered & insured, it's not a derelict (even if it does look a bit rusty and dented). We left easy child 2/difficult child 2 with one of her bridesmaids, checking out shoes and handbags. And hopefully NOT expensive pearl pendants! Now she's got to buy a new car before she buys a family heirloom pearl pendant!

husband & I have had one day playing with the trains, but I'm expecting to have to stay home tomorrow. As it was, I spent most of today snuggled snoozing in a warm car, wrapped in heavy coats and snuggly warm... but as the air got colder and I went in search of soup, I had to wear a surgical mask so the cold air wouldn't have me coughing. It had some people eyeing me nervously...

Today was sunny and not windy, so much more pleasant than recent weather.

difficult child 3 is still coughing. So is husband. Doesn't augur well for me shaking this any time soon... but today passed with no call from the doctor which means either no result, or good news from the blood tests.

Here's hoping I get more sleep tonight. Last night was not good. I'm hoping to avoid cold air tonight, see if that helps.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg