Good Saturday Morning!

LittleDudesMom

:bigsmile: Good Morning Friends!

I've been up about 45 minutes. I hit bed last night at 10, and once it got after 5 am, my body said, "8 hours, enough, get up!!!"

I was really tired last night - I went to the gym for the 6am class, then came home and cleaned my downstairs, then around 1 I went over to easy child's and helped her deep clean her apt. for the first time. Gave her some hints and tips. Left there around 5:45 and did the grocery shopping so I wouldn't have to go out this morning. I was pretty wiped last :bloodshot:!

Today will be cleaning the upstairs and getting ready for a litle bbq tonight. Just a couple friends for drinks and cards and then burgers on the grill :bbq:.

Big hugs to Linda (Timer) this morning. I know you'll be going to see kt (for hugs and a piece of your mind!) today - so glad that she was found!

Wishing everyone a chill Saturday :peaceful:!!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Sharon-I'm glad not to be the only one up at this hour! I bet that easy child really appreciated the help with the deep cleaning. Enjoy the bbq and cards! I love cards; grew up playing them but neither husband or the kids are card players so I don't get to play often anymore. What card games do you play?

Yesterday was the first official teacher day back and I felt I accomplished a lot which is good because at one point I was near panic thinking I would never get to do any planning. Our staff meeting went over 4 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was only supposed to be 2 1/2!

I was also fairly wiped out last night, fell asleep in my chair and went up at 11:00. husband even came up and watched tv-I didn't hear a thing because I think I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Busy day today, starting with work. Then we need to get to the health club, clean the house, (I really should mow the lawn too), hit the grocery store and do some pre cooking (husband and easy child want pasta salad) and then my niece and her fiancee are coming for a bbq. (Somehow I'm not sure where my nap will fit in there :D.)

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Linda-My prayers are still with you and kt.

LittleDudesMom

Sharon, we play a game called "Spite and Malice" - if you play with two people, you use three decks of cards and then you add a deck for each additional player. It's a really fun game and one game can easily go over an hour - or it could run 30 minutes! You enjoy your bbq too!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon (LDM)- Enjoy your bbq! I'd have been tired too.

Sharon (WO)- Enjoy the club and your bbq. Glad your 1st day went well.

I have two sleepyheads in Duckie's room snoozing away from the sleepover. Everyone has to get up and get moving soon because the girls have their first football game... cheering in the rain. Oh joy!

After that, we get cleaned up and go to a birthday party.

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning my friends.
LDM, good for you for getting a good night's sleep. You are a good mom to help easy child clean her apt. I did the same for easy child when I was at his dorm/apt. Hugs to easy child. Hope she is happy. My easy child seems to be really happy with his choices and his roommates. I love the new dorms. Everyone has their own bedroom and share bathrooms with one other guy. Would you PM with the instructions for Spite and Malice.

Wiped out, you are a busy girl. Have fun at the bbq with niece.

TM, how cute about the cheering. I bet they are adorable.

difficult child is at my in laws. First time he has solo'd. So far so good. They seem to be having a good time.

I scratched my eye with my contact so now I have a very red eye. Ugh!
I am going to do some clean up of the yard today and get my hair cut. Can't wait. Feels too long and heavy.

I head to SW Pa tomorrow to spend time with mom with my siblings. Hopefully mom is up to the wild rumpus.

Have a good saturday everyone. I'm thinking of you Timer. Hang in there.

Marguerite

G'day, folks. We just got home. It's almost midnight Saturday and I'm tired!

Sharon/LDM, you're getting plenty of exercise.

Sharon/WO, enjoy your barbecue. The pasta salad sounds nice.

TM, cheering in the rain sounds messy. They'll make a big splash!

Fran, have a safe trip. Sorry to hear about your eye - I hope it settles down soon. When I did that, my optometrist told me I had to wait several days before putting contact lenses back in.

I haven't stopped all day. Went to my meeting. Tried to get some urgent shopping done first, got most of it. Couldn't return the dress (wait until Tuesday) because I didn't have the docket with me.

Meeting went well. Got home. Checked my PMs while husband got changed, then headed out to friend's party. she'd asked me to do some performance poetry, I then had people asking if I do it professionally! (like, how would you get into that!?)

Then we all moved to the club, partied there, I tried to extricate ourselves earlier but it was "two more dances and then we'll cut the cake."
Only one of the dances alone, lasted for forty minutes!

A great party, though. She's a good friend, difficult child 3 plays with her boys and while he was interacting and joining in, I figured we should stay.

Tomorrow we head south to Wollongong for a drama meeting in a seaside restaurant. difficult child 3 wants to stay home and invite a friend over, son of the birthday girl tonight. I told him he can call his friend to visit when easy child 2/difficult child 2 arrives (coming to do her washing and get some more sewing done).

Life is busy here at the moment.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg