Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends!

It's good to be back on the morning thread. husband has our newer laptop up and running but who knows for how long. Leaving for work in just a bit. Today's plans include work, cleaning, health club, and napping. Iow, just the usual!

The sun is suppose to shine today and we are suppose to get into the 60s!!!:sunny: Can you guess that it has been a cold rainy and snowy (not much and it's gone, thank goodness) week here? Yesterday was our first day of sun and it was so nice to have to put on the sunglasses!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:kisses:

trinityroyal

Good morning everyone!

As I'm watching the sun rise out my home office window, it looks like it is shaping up to be a beautiful day. A nice change from yesterday's surprise snow.

husband and the Tot Monsters are still asleep, and Little easy child is with relatives this weekend, so I snuck out of bed at 5 am for a bit of much needed quiet time alone. I intended to get some laundry and cleaning done, but instead here I am on the computer.

The Tot Monsters are both getting 2 new teeth each and clearly in a lot of pain, but they're both being such troupers. Baby Boy B thankfully has taken to his latest teething ring, so he's not knawing on his thumb nearly so much. And Princess P is content as long as she has a rough washcloth with her.

If the weather holds, I will take the Monsters out to the park this morning to play on the swings. Then off to the grocery store to find some meat to barbecue. My doctor says I have very low iron, and said that I can either eat beef or take supplements. I've decided to go with beef (I'm SUCH a carnivore).

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday.

Trinity

trinityroyal

Sharon, it looks like we were both thinking the same thought at the same time. I just started another good morning thread at the same time you were posting this one. Moderators, is it worth merging the 2 into one thread?

Hope you have a wonderful Saturday. And the same for all who follow.

Trinity

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hi Trinity!
We must have been posting at the same time and I'm sure someone will merge them. I'm glad you are getting some alone time! Hoping the teething period goes relatively quickly. Enjoy that beef:)

Marguerite

G'day, people. A bit of a schemozzle this morning, eh?

Sharon/WO, sounds like a busy day today. I hope it warms up for you.

Trinity, you had snow yesterday? As for teething babies - are bananas in season for you yet? If so, peel a couple, cut them in half (across the middle) and push a pop stick into the cut end. Then freeze them. Once frozen, store them in the freezer in an airtight container (to prevent freezer burn). Riper bananas are best for this, they are sweeter. Then to soothe pore sore gums, feed one of these to the baby. These frozen bananas don't drip, they don't have 'bits' break off so they aren't a choking hazard, they soothe sore gums, they taste good, they contain nothing unhealthy.

We had a lovely summery day here today. Another is forecast for tomorrow, I'm planning to take my swimsuit to church for the hope of a swim after lunch. I didn't get to the beach today even though I was planning to. I just had a few too many things to do and flattened the scooter battery. I did get some important phone calls dealt with, especially catching up on news of my sister J (who is doing better every day). I also got busy making more candles for church - not needed urgently, it's just something I do, plus something I'm trying to teach others.

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Wow, what an active Saturday morning!!

Sharon, by now you are at work, or maybe even on your way back! Enjoy that nap!

Trinity, like you, I love to get up early and get things done. I really enjoy that early morning quiet time - especially when my children were young and being awake meant being demanding!!

Marg, the banana idea is one I've seen moms use before - it's a great idea! Hope you get that swim and a little sun in tomorrow.

Doing some roasted veggies and grapefruit and garlic chicken on the grill tonight. After all those "summer days" we've had, this normal spring weather is like heaven! difficult child said the spring break week went too fast! I agree.....

Have a great Saturday!

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Morning all,

Just popping in to say good day. It's been a tad busy here & things aren't yet slowing down, however I'm about to crash & burn.

Have a good day all.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. It's a beautiful appropriately chilly, sunny day. After our heat wave for 7 days I am getting all the spring chores done now. Today is the garage and
hosing off the patio furniture and cleaning the outside up in the event we hit those 90's again before June. It gave me a good shock to get moving on spring
clean up so I should be grateful.
Hope you all have a great Saturday.
difficult child is having a movie night tonight with 3 other guys. Hopefully, it will be fun. difficult child is trying to initiate group get togethers since he can't get most of the peer group motivated.