Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:

Happy Saturday! The sun is shining here this morning!! The forecast is for 71 degree-just perfect for this time of the year. difficult child is gone to respite and I'm not even working this morning. What I'm doing up already I don't know! Things are very peaceful here right now.

husband and easy child/difficult child are going to the movies this morning; while they are doing that I am hoping to run over my godson's birthday gift (I'm late as his b-day was last Sunday).

Later this afternoon we will workout and I really should mow the lawn as well. Of course, napping is on the agenda as well.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning ;)

Sharon, sounds like a wonderful Saturday for you! Enjoy the quiet....

We had one incredible thunder storm come through last night. The lightening was actually blue and there was pink cloud to lightening along with the blue cloud to ground. At one point, around 10:30 or so, there was one incredible BOOM that should shook the house and we were dark! difficult child's first response was, "Great, I was downloading something on my game."

So, we put the dogs away (we are watching bonehead's two while he's away) and headed upstairs. I laid in my bed with a flashlight and read and difficult child sat on the floor by my bed playing his DS. I heard something about 5 this morning and our power company was out there with flashing lights! So fortunately we have power just in time for the humid morning we have here.

Hope your Saturday is a good one!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
with-o sound like just what the doctor ordered for you. Respite is a godsend. Enjoy your spring day.

We had high humidity yesterday. No rain.
husband and I are planning a trip to Richmond for the day. It's a rescue dog picnic. We go to one a year if we can. It's fun to see so many white furry dogs all together.
I think I am done planting. I have a few pots left but decided to stop for now.

difficult child is hanging out with a friend today. He is working hard on his goal of weight loss. I'm impressed. Now we need to work on a non credit class and an apartment.

Hope you all get to enjoy the spring day.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I missed you Sharon.
Yikes about the storm. Glad you have power. I'm sure with the humidity, you will need it. Stay cool and stay inside. I'll wave as I pass
through Richmond. : )

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/WO, enjoy your quiet-ish day.

Sharon/LDM, I love a really good thunderstorm. Yours sounded spectacular!

Fran, enjoy your picnic.

We're back from Canberra, I have a busy day tomorrow rehearsing for a play. I was half hoping it would all get postponed so I can have more free time on weekends, but it's my fault, I got committed to this, I'm in for the season.

We had a good time today in Canberra. Some frost on the ground but not much; it only got down to 0 C, just. We got going early to the farmers market, bought lots of stuff including 4 Kg of home-grown over-ripe tomatoes which are roasting in the oven as I type this. yes, it is late, but they got very squishy on the way home and I don't want to waste them. So I'm starting off the slow roast then simmer to a syrup stage, for my tomato relish recipe. While the last batch was finishing in the oven, I gave husband a haircut. There's a very old Bond film on TV - I've never actually seen this one.

After the farmers market in Canberra, we had lunch at a yum cha place we've been to before, then went back to easy child & SIL1's home to digest for a bit. I pruned the roses for her (well, got some of them done) then it was time for us to leave. We got up the road a little way to a point where we knew our way out of there, then let difficult child 3 take a turn at driving. Canberra is famous for its roundabouts, so it was a good place to introduce difficult child 3 to them. He nearly took out another car on his first roundabout. Thankfully the other driver was quick on the brakes. Then we were so intent on supporting difficult child 3 with his driving that we forgot to fill up with fuel. we were on the freeway heading out of Canberra and there was no fuel to be had for about two hours. So we took a side road to a country town and found - no fuel there, either. "Head south to Canberra, they have fuel there," we were told.

We took a chance and headed north, got into the next large country town with a little fuel to spare.

Canberra may be the capital city of Australia, but it is a city surrounded by isolation. It is in the country, well and truly. It is a manufactured city, very beautiful but I always get the feeling it has just been plonked down in the middle of nowhere.

Because of the delay, we got home well after dark but in time to have dinner with mother in law, who had cooked a chicken casserole for us in anticipation.

My tomatoes should now be ready for me to peel, and simmer for a short while. Then I will finish cooking them maybe tomorrow evening. I'm hoping with such lovely tomatoes, this will be my best batch yet!

Enjoy your Sunday, everyone.

Marg