Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Today is going to be a hot and sticky day. They are calling for 90 with heat indexes up to 100! This afternoon difficult child and I will be swimming at the pool. He is looking forward to going.

This morning I'm off to work in a bit and then home for a quick nap before hopefully going to the health club.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning Sharon and everyone.

Sharon, like you we are getting some record hot weather today also. I'm runningmy errands early and then hanging by the pool today. Glad I got some chores done around the house yesterday. difficult child's car died so it's up on craigslist today. I have a friend with another pos ready and waiting for difficult child-lol!

Enjoy the day!

Marguerite

G'day people.

Sharon, Jo - enjoy the hot weather. Stay cool!

I had a rough night last night, woke with a raging fever and choking on gunk, so all things considered, rang my doctor who was busy and told me to go to hospital where they would at least x-ray my chest.

So we spent the rest of the day at the hospital - the recent cancer treatment was why they really took things seriously. They tested everything, put me on a nebuliser then gave me a drip with antibiotics and maxolon. I'm already feeling a lot better which indicates we did the right thing getting onto this fast. They said to go back if things didn't improve - I don't think I will need to go back.

We got home to difficult child 3 with a huge attitude problem and very aggressive. We're wondering if he got his medications today - he did drop his pill container so it's possible he missed his pills but thought he took them.

Tomorrow is mother in law's birthday and we had planned to take her out to dinner. This could also be what is upsetting difficult child 3, we will have to manage things carefully so she doesn't set difficult child 3 off again. As we said to difficult child 3 - she is too old to change, he has to learn to take it. It's not fair, but that is how it is.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

Good Saturday Morning Ladies! :swimming:

Sharon, our intense heat pattern is returning as our temps will rise towards 100 degrees for the next week - not too many chances of rain....it's been a hot, dry summer in the south east. Enjoy the pool today!

H&R's, early errands and the pool sounds in order! Have a great day!

Well, I've made the decision to postpone our annual beach trip. We were all sooooo excited about leaving tomorrow - the beach stuff was actually already stowed in the car, the beach bag was packed, the food was packed......but the sciatica said, "No, no, no!" I was able to change my reservation a week so I will be working hard on taking it easy so this issue can resolve itself. There was no way I could walk in the sand, get up and down in a little beach chair, and play around in the waves. The kids are very understanding because they see the pain I'm in. They have been wonderful the last couple days......

Today is just taking it easy, keeping moist heat on issue and making a batch of gazpacho later.

Hope your Saturday is a great one :water_happy:

Sharon

LittleDudesMom

Marg, we were posting at the same time. Glad you got in and took care of your health issue quickly! Couldn't difficult child 3 just stay home tomorrow? Sometimes I do allow my difficult child to make those choices - kinda the lesser of two evils..

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning from my little pocket of the world.
Wiped out, a nap and pool sound much more enticing than work. Have fun, stay cool.
H&R, smart girl getting those chores done early. I tried to do some of them last evening but it was still very humid and not very comfortable to be out and about.
Marguerite, what part of taking it easy so your body can recover and regroup is going out to a stressful dinner with m i l and difficult child? Your body is telling you that it can't fight off germs because it
is depleted from radiation or whatever. I am glad you went to the hospital and got treatment but because you feel better doesn't mean you are back to normal. Fevers alone are tough on a body.
Hopefully, you are balancing your body's needs with those activities you post. It's a worry.

LDM, I'm so sorry that your vacation got postponed and you are in so much pain. Things happen for a reason. You may end up with a better time or better weather.
Speaking of which....where is the rain? LOL. A big storm came by last night. We got thunder and some lightening but not a drop of rain.

Last night husband and I watched "Dear John" which is a Nicholas Sparks book. Dad had AS and little neighbor boy had autism also. It's everywhere I turn anymore.
difficult child is enjoying his stay in NJ. I hardly hear a word from him. : ) Works for me.
The painters are gone. Other than some yard work, we are just going to enjoy ourselves.

Have a good day everyone. Stay cool.

svengandhi

Baby boy is coming home from his week of scout camp today. We had planned to drive up and take difficult child and easy child 2, who are working up there the whole summer, out for the day and overnight (they are off until 11 am sunday) but H decided to be non-compliant with his medications and is in the hospital now with a-fib. I am really annoyed with him because I was looking forward to seeing the other 2 and now we can't go.

daughter and I took the dogs for a walk, oldest boy is getting ready for work. daughter and I are going to run some errands and then go hang out at the library. I don't do pools, way too fat to be seen in public, and daughter is too cool for the pool at 18. When baby boy gets home, we'll go back to the library and then do laundry. daughter might let her coolness slide and take baby boy to the pool but he doesn't really like it there, either.

Not sure how long H will be in but it was really nice to sleep with the sound on the TV off last night.