Good Saturday Morning!!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Everyone!

It's a lovely Saturday morning here in central Virginia - no condensation on the windows this morning means less humidity and lower temps! It actually got down to 68 degrees last night!

Not too many things on the agenda today - good thing because my sciatic is acting up again - have a nail appointment at noon, going to get the car detailed after that - other than those couple things it'll be a quiet Saturday.

Hope your day is a good one!

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Sharon-I'm sorry your sciatic is acting up again. Enjoy your quiet Saturday.

Here the humidity is still in full force but I think tomorrow we may get a short break. I can't wait to open up my windows!

Yesterday I did go to a chiropractor about my back. I had never been to one before so it was very interesting. I'm still sore and taking ibuprofen and icing. He told me he doesn't want me to work out til I'm pain free. I know he is right but this could sideline me for awhile and I'm not happy about missing workouts. I go back on Tuesday to the chiro. I'm really hoping this will only sideline me for a week or less but I just don't know.

We had a great evening with my brother in law and nephews last night. My one nephew and I played a bunch of cribbage and then my brother in law, nephew and I played Scrabble.

Not sure what today holds.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon (LDM)- I hope the sciatic stops bothering you quickly. Enjoy the cooler temps. :)

Sharon (Wiped Out)- Do as the chiro suggests and you'll be back to your workouts sooner rather than later! Glad to hear you had a nice evening. :)

I am working feverishly to finish the last minute touches for Duckie's Percy Jackson & The Olympians Party tonight: I need to make one more target, make a welcome sign/memory board, make a bunch of water balloons and prep the food. Should be fun...

Duckie said something yesterday that made me feel a little better about my Pookie's passing. I had brought in her ashes and had them on the table, she looked at the box and said "I feel better now that Pookie is home." What a good kid! :thumbsup:

Have a great day and hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

J

joneshockey

Good Morning! It is going to be a GREAT day! My parents took B1 & B2 to the cabin for the weekend, so I have 1 1/2 days to myself! Ahhh... I am not too sure what to do with myself. FF1 is working a 24 hr shift so he won't be home until 7 AM tomorrow - Soooo I am totally on my own! I have an appointment @ 9:30 for a pedicure and then I am off to the farmer's market with a girlfriend. I am hopeful that I will be able to catch a movie tonight with a couple of friends that I haven't seen in awhile. In between there somewhere I need to find the time to clean my house because we are having B2's family birthday party tomorrow at 3:00. Sooo, I guess my weekend is pretty full afterall... too bad because I was hoping to just relax and veg.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, I'm glad you're getting some respite from the heat. Take it easy, let your sciatica ease up. Enjoy the nail appointment. You know? I've never been to a manicurist!

Sharon/WO, if you've got to take it easy for a while, it will be worth it. If you exercise too soon, you could be sidelined for a lot longer. Enjoy the alibi, take the break you need and do what you're told. It's your fastest chance of getting back to workouts.

TM, you and I are both getting ready for our girls' parties at the same time. Although my girl is a bit older!

joneshockey, enjoy your girl time. And you too are having a birthday party tomorrow? That's three of us! And Star too, maybe.

I've had today mostly at home. At least in the village. I scooted to the shops this morning to buy some ingredients for cooking, chatted to people on the way there and on the way back. As usual a half hour trip turned into two hours! But I got home ad got cooking. difficult child 3 had found a cake recipe he's always wanted to try (or me to try) so I used that to check ingredients but I played with it a fair bit. It was a standard devil's food cake recipe, but it has sour cream in it, and I added three over-ripe bananas to it as well. I had some Belgian chocolate left over from easy child 2/difficult child 2's wedding cake last year, I used some of that in this cake. Then later on when easy child 2/difficult child 2 dropped in briefly with friends (to grab a couple of my painkillers) she seemed disappointed that I wasn't making a Black Forest cake. So I rummaged in the cupboard tonight, found a jar of cherries at the back, and voila! The cake has metamorphosed again. First chocolate cake, then choc banana, now Black Forest! I used the liquid from the cherries and some strawberry liqueur at the back of the bar, to make a syrup to soak into the cakes.

I loaded the bread machine to knead brioche dough while I was working on the cake. I had the last of the three cakes in the oven when the brioche dough was done and ready to set in the moulds to rise. One is in the garage fridge (hopefully it won't make a break for it overnight) and I baked the other one tonight at mother in law's, it's in a plastic bag in her fridge. The egg wash is also covered, in mother in law's fridge.

So we're just about ready. I bought a couple of second-hand jigsaw puzzles at a garage sale on the way home today, I'll give them to SIL2 to give to his wife, he was upset that he's broke and can't afford to buy her a present. Now he has something.

So tomorrow morning about mid morning, we head to mother in law's. I'll use the scooter because I'm going to need to zip back and forth between our houses, I know I will forget stuff. I'm aiming for lunch at about midday. We'll put the roast on at about 11 am (a big vat of vegetables to roast separately) and when the roast is done, I'll put the second brioche on to bake. The cake - I just need to spatula on some cream on the sides, and cover it with chocolate flakes. Quick, easy. So all I will need to do while family is here, is my knitting. And take photos.

I was a bit worried I was trying to do too much, but this has worked out. Tomorrow now should be easy. It was a bit of a surprise to find out that we suddenly have extended family visiting - they didn't know we were having a family birthday party for easy child 2/difficult child 2, they just invited themselves out. We could have said no, but it will be lovely to see them. But the only way we can afford it, is to cook it all ourselves from scratch. Much cheaper.

Weather-wise, it's definitely close to spring. The jasmine is budding, the peach is flowering. The sky today was clear, blue and cloudless. The sea looked beautiful and a classic sapphire blue. Yesterday there were wild seas, today it looked a little calmer.

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg