Good Saturday Morning

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

I woke up a little earlier than necessary and am enjoying a quiet cup of coffee. I'm little tired because I stayed up to watch The Blind Side on dvd (wanted to screen it for Duckie). So I'll need a little extra coffee this morning. ;)

I'll be heading out this morning to help a friend's family set up a funeral luncheon and doing laundry. That's it! Nothing more. Except maybe an early night, lol!:tongue:

Have a great day! :salute:

Fran

Former desparate mom
TM, I thought The Blindside was a movie of just doing the right thing. No agenda, no saint hood, no judgement. Just see a kid who is cold and give him a ride. It grows from there. I found it refreshing.
easy child has had a nice week here. He returns tomorrow to Florida. I see him next Sat at a wedding so it's not too bad.
M I L called early this morning. father in law fell and is in ER. husband and I will probably go up north tomorrow after easy child leaves. We will need to celebrate difficult child's birthday tonight.
Guess my quiet weekend is going to be busy.
Hope you are all enjoying the lazy days of summer.

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning!

TM, sorry you didn't get enough sleep last night but your day doesn't sound too challenging - hopefully you can sit back and put your feet up for a minute or two!

Fran, glad you are enjoying easy child's visit. Sorry to hear that father in law took a tumble. Sounds like it's too early to know how serious it is? My difficult child turns 15 on Monday - times just keeps on rolling on......Happy birthday to our boys!

Not much on the agenda today - running with my sister in law to look at a car for my nephew, some laundry and household putzing - nothing too taxing!

Hope your day is a good one.

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
How cute about our boys sharing birthdays. My will be 26.
Believe me we won't go up until we know what's going on with f i l. We/I have made that trip enough times these past 2 yrs.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

TM, have a quieter day than usual.

Fran, sounds like your weekend has been blown out of the water. I hope father in law is OK.

Sharon/LDM, I hope you can find a good car for your nephew. easy child rang tonight, told us she and SIL1 have had to get a new car; hers blew a head gasket and wasn't worth fixing. easy child also rang to chat about the election, it's just about all that's on TV.

husband & I have been watching the election coverage too. It's not looking good, no matter which party (we have a two party preferred system here) that you support. We are heading for a hung parliament, which can cripple a country, leaving a government unable to make any decisions. UK had to form a minority government earlier this year and now it is almost certain to happen here.

The results will take a while to come in fully and I'm certain some seats will need to be recounted.

On the interesting side, we have (among the new Members of Parliament) the youngest ever, at 20 years old. He doesn't look old enough to shave. He wasn't old enough to vote in the last election, this would have been the first Federal election he was old enough to vote in. And he got to vote for himself!

We'll know more tomorrow maybe. Time for bed. I've had a really busy day, on the go from the time I left the polling booth before 9 am.

Enjoy your Saturday.

Marg