Good Saturday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Saturday Friends,

This was one of those weeks when I thought the weekend would never get here. Work was fine-just really tired and too many things after work each night. Of course, here I am up before 6:00 and getting ready for work in a bit. A morning to sleep in-even until 7:00 would sure be nice!!

We are still enjoying beautiful fall weather although for the first time in weeks we are predicted to get rain. Most people are happy about that-not me-I like that I haven't had to mow much!:autumn:

After work I'm hoping to get back to sleep for a bit. This afternoon I have a ww meeting for employees who have stayed at goal all year-suppose to be a celebration. However, I don't feel much like celebrating since I've gained so much weight recently-still below goal but I need to turn things around!!

Tonight husband and I will be watching horror movies :frankenstein:-he really loves them, especially at this time of the year. I like them but often hide behind my hands-lol!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:ghost: :pumpkin:

Marguerite

G'day people.

Sharon, giving the lawn a good drink now, should set it up for healthy winter survival. A bit of last minute growth and storage of nutrients...

I've had a busy day today. Rang the hospital's complaint number (see yesterday's morning thread) but as I expected, they weren't there on a Saturday morning. I left a message anyway. Then I had a 10 am appointment with a client whose book I'm helping publish. The proposed launch is early December and there is a lot of work to do. I had to rush away from there for my next appointment; I was about ten minutes late because on the road to the mainland, I got stuck behind a very slow driver - tourist season has begun, and I didn't have a gun!

The afternoon meeting was productive but mentally taxing. Then I got home with more writing to get done. My brain feels like mush.

Today was summer-hot with an afternoon storm. That is the pattern for Sydney late spring/early summer weather - scorching hot days with humidity building, then massive thunderheads of clouds sail up from the south and dump on the city briefly. Often you see people so relieved to see the storm that they are dancing in the rain. A warm rain, but refreshing after the day's swelter.

Tomorrow is supposed to be the public day for husband's mini trains club. But they don't run if it's raining (the grounds flood, for one thing). So we might have the day off. I need a rest, it's been a hectic few weeks with the promise of more to come. And I have a lot of writing work to do in the next month especially.

An early night is called for, I think. Jaws is on TV - I first saw it when I was pregnant with difficult child 1. I think I can trust it to put me to sleep now I know how it goes.

Enjoy your Saturday, everyone.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning Saturday!

Sharon, enjoy the horror flicks...I can't watch them anymore, I find them so over the top...maybe I'm just old. lol. I didn't used to like the rain much either, but I finally convinced myself of it's blessings and now I can appreciate a good rain. I especially enjoy a long rainy Sunday so I can stay in jammies all day, bake and crochet.

Marg, busy busy lady, I hope you got a good night's early sleep!

What a beautiful morning it is outside today. Cool but almost kind of balmy. I am hoping for sun, I think it's supposed to be sunny. I am meeting a girlfriend for coffee this AM, then easy child and I are hitting up Target for some beauty supplies. Thankfully, I do not need to go grocery shopping. Later this afternoon, I am going to see a newborn baby! H's worker and his wife just had a baby boy and I can't wait to hold his tiny little body, lol. And then much later I think difficult child and I are going out for a cosmolito - a cosmo made with tequila - I told her I'd go out with her for one celebratory 21st birthday drink, so I think today is the day. That and nachos, yum. Tonight I have homework to do, just some reading....unless that cosmolito gets the better of me! Lol.

Enjoy the day everyone!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- I hope you get in your nap and enjoy the movies.:frenkenstein:

Marg- My fingers are crossed for a little rain... get some rest.

H&R- It sounds like you have a great day planned!

I had a busy day yesterday: field trip with-Duckie's class to the Erie Canal, popped into the church rummage sale and went to a PTA mixer in the evening. Today is more of the same: I work the rummage sale during the day and then we are all heading out to a local historic site for a haunted house. There's a chance of rain, I hope it holds off.

Have a great day! :salute: