Good Sunday morning, friends....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I know this is a bit early (sorry LDM), however I'm up & about - thought I'd start the good morning thread.

Actually, I'm sitting here through a pretty spectacular thunder storm - incredible lightening strikes. Beautiful in an awesome scary kind of way.

Laundry is on the agenda for today; kt is learning to do her own with help. PCA will be in to help her fold & put away her clothes. kt & I will sort & wash before PCA gets in today.

As it's to be another rainy day, I'm looking at indoor activities for kt - she'd like to bake cookies for her lunches next week. I found a book on drawing at half priced books that I gave her. She wants to work on her own nature journal with me. :thumb:

husband is heading out to visit wm today; I'm putting together a shopping list for my online grocer delivery service. I'm almost done with next week's menu.

Other than that, it's going to be a lazy, rainy day around here.

Enjoy your Sunday - keep it calm. I hope you find a reason to smile today.

K

Kjs

good morning to all

Linda I am amazed how early you get up. Sure hope you manage a nap during the day. :sleeping:

Nice day today. husband must get soom scrapping and painting done. I finish my shift at noon, then three days off. Sundays are my day for Football. Go Packers. :fan:

difficult child is at a HALO3 party. Four xbox360's, four Halo3's, and 16 kids. Only 4 houses down..kind of hoping he will come home rather than spend the night.

Have a great day.

It's Sunday!

<span style='font-size: 26pt'><span style='font-family: Century Gothic'><span style="color: #FF6600">GO</span> <span style="color: #000099">BEARS!!</span></span></span>

We benched Sexy Rexy. We may have a chance this week. Griese is the word!

Oh, and in case anyone cares, Cubbies clinched the division. :fan:

I'd like to see them go all the way. Even though I am a die hard Sox fan.

Linda, I hope you find a reason to smile today too.

Same for you, Kjs.

Hi to anyone who snuck in.

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:
Linda- It's wonderful that kt wants to do a nature with you. How cool! :flower:
Kjs- Enjoy the time off! Especially if difficult child is at the Halo3 party. Aahhh... peace & quiet. :rofl:
BBK- Enjoy your Bears today. We're in Bills country around here, and husband is a football fan. The funny thing, though, is that he's been enjoying watching the pee wee team that Duckie cheers for. He says the kids got more heart, lol! :fan:
I had thought I was teaching two Sunday School classes today, but I received a call last night that the second was covered by another parishioner. Yay! I get to listen to the sermon in peace today, lol! :smile:
Other than that, I can't wait to see the look on Duckie's face when she realizes she's going to see High School Musical on stage tonight. She's going to flip, lol! :princess:
Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :thumb:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning all. The hot weather finally broke. It's now autumn. It is still incredibly, dangerously dry in my part of the woods.

difficult child and I had a rather heated discussion about money. Again. He did return the 80.00 item that bounced. It was with great heart break on his part. I don't even know what it is nor do I care at this point. He knows I'm right. He knows he had to return it but there is that dangblasted "I want what I want when I want it".

Today may be a chance to go to the plant nursery and get some flowers for the window boxes. Hopefully we will get a nice walk in the park with the pups. It's just wonderful weather for it.

Hope you have a fun Sunday and all the difficult child's wake up with a smile. :smile:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning all,

We're expecting a perfect early fall day here - temps in the low 70's and sunshine.

My mom is leaving today to go back home to PA. I will miss her terribly, despite all the eye rolling I do when it comes to her personal cleanup. &lt;insert eye roll&gt; lol. I am bleaching my entire house today! I wish I could keep her here, but I realize that I am not equipped to work full time and take care of her and stick to a schedule that quite frankly, I've been looking forward to let go of for a few years now.

With difficult child still at her dads, H and I will have a few weeks of peace and quiet.

I think I am going to clear out my gardens today and rake them clean. Everything's done doing what they do basically and I can then turn it over for springtime plantings.

Marguerite

G'day everybody, from Canberra.

Linda, it's good that kt is learning to do her own laundry. And the nature diary sounds wonderful. I remember having to re-learn drawing when I had to do my own scientific sketches - no shading permitted for science sketches, very frustrating!

Kjs, enjoy the football weekend. We've just had one this weekend - two different codes, the whole country going ape over it all (except us).

BBK, in Australia "sexy Rexy" is Rex Mossop, a sports commentator. He's anything but sexy! Master of the oxymoron, though.

TM, enjoy the sermon. Sometimes it's good to get a break from an overdose of kids.

Fran, it's so hard watching them NOT handle their own finances. We've just handed back difficult child 1's control of his own finances (with trepidation). He still has to get his girlfriend (or us) to co-sign for large withdrawals, but I'm concerned she will be a pushover. He's a lot better than he used to be but still terrible with impulse buys.

Jo, enjoy the peace and quiet to come and get the best out of the last of your mother's visit. Use every opportunity - they end all too soon.

We've had a quieter day today, helping easy child with her shopping and playing games with her and BF1. We went to a train museum (for husband, especially) and are hoping to get to Questacon tomorrow - it's a sort of hands-on science fun for kids type of thing, difficult child 3 has been remarkably good about not nagging, but he really wants to go and I think we should reward his forbearance. Plus we all love it too. And then - we head back home, where we are dog-sitting for the next week. Should be interesting!

Marg

susiestar

Roll With It
Good morning all!

I have a mystery shop to do today. It was scheduled for yesterday, but we had a college football game and it was just impossible to do. I am having much fun with mystery shopping. Not great amounts of $$, but I have gotten quite a few nice items for holiday gifts.

Jessie has a soccer game, thankfully in town. She is on a travelling team, so many of her games are over an hour away. It just gets worse as I look to the older teams. If she weren't so dang good and having so much fun I would NOT do it. BUT.....

Anyway, GO JESSIE!! :fan:

I ordered the cross stitch ornament book over the phone from a store out of town. They have a design in it (nationally published magazine) so I obught the kit to make their ornament and finish it!!@ I can't wait for the mail later this week!!

Have a peace-filled happy day!

Susie