Good Sunday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Sunday!

I had a busy day yesterday but did cut out the movie and let husband and difficult child go by themselves. Also because of severe storms my workout was cut short so we could be at home in the basement.

Today less is planned. I'm leaving for church in a bit. Then I have to go to the health club. Other than a nap and the grocery store not much is planned at this point! I should mow the lawn but wasn't able to yesterday due to rain and more is predicted for today. We have standing puddles still in the yard.

Wishing everyone a day filled with smiles and laughter!:kisses:

Marguerite

G'day to all and sundry.

Sharon, those storms sound like they were really wild. Sounds like the lawn mowing will have to wait until the rain has well and truly stopped.

Today easy child took me shopping for clothes, her birthday present for me (a few days early). BF1 came as well, but wandered off on his own while we did the girlie stuff.

With my diet as successful as it has been, I've been working my way though my wardrobe trying to find clothes that fit me. I have been avoiding spending money on new clothes because I could shrink further and find that even my new clothes don't fit; or I could gain the weight back.
But it had reached crisis point. I have enough shirts and tops, and because I keep the best of my old clothes I've been able to find the occasional outfit that I can once more wear, although they're often horribly out of fashion; but I finally had to accept that I'm very restricted in the trousers department. I was telling easy child, "All I've got that fits me is one pair of jeans."
"I was hoping you still had one pair that fits," she said. "That pair you're wearing now are just far too big for you. Why aren't you wearing the pair that fits?"
"I am."

So today our aim was - trousers. I'm adamant about not buying more jeans, I can make do with a belt for a while longer. We visited my favourite shops where I get good deals on larger-than-usual clothes - but they no longer fit. I found myself having to resort to the standard off-the-rack clothes. I had narrowed the choice down to two pairs of tailored trousers - baggy in the seat, but otherwise snug - when we saw a table of ultra-cheap stretch cord pants. Her eyes lit up too, we grabbed armfuls and rushed to the change room.

The upshot - I put the tailored trousers back, these cords look even better despite being (allegedly) more casual in style. I could wear these to a formal event if I needed to.

So I am happy - I came home with some attractive new trousers in different colours, they fit so well they look good and I know easy child didn't spend very much at all.

Tonight we had a lovely family dinner at mother in law's. All the family were there, plus their partners. We've been playing SingStar during the afternoon while the roast chicken cooked. All the cooking and kids activity warmed the house up and we even had time after dinner to discuss the guest list for difficult child 1 & girlfriend's upcoming wedding.

Tomorrow easy child & BF1 drive home early, then we begin to get back to having the rest of our happy long weekend.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

Andy

Good Morning!

Wiped Out - Glad you are staying safe in the storms. We also need our lawn mowed - desperately - our neighbor said they were going to fence in our yard and get us a goat - I replied, "What makes you think we don't have enough dandelions in our yard to keep the goat from wandering into yours?" - She is afraid the goat would eat their tiny dog. :rofl: It is nice to have good neighbors. We are next on our lawn service's list IF it ever stops raining long enough to dry out!!! Though it sounds like rain Monday - Thursday - We will have to start carrying flags when in the yard to tell where each other are.

Marguerite - You are having such a great weekend! :) I remember one time a very long time ago that I went clothes shopping because nothing fit and was very pleased and surprised that I had dropped about 3 sizes! Now that was fun. (have since gained about 8 sizes)

difficult child and I found an oversized stuffed racoon (toy) at a garage sale - It will be used for our Vacation Bible School this year which is a mountain trek theme. I think I can make (or have someone more creative) a poster sign advertising the dates and times and set it up in the church narthex to promote VBS. Then we can use it for the daily bible verses.

Good Day to everyone - Hi to anyone who may have snuck in.

LittleDudesMom

Morning Everyone!

Sharon, glad you are all safe after the storms. Wishing you a nice long nap.

Marg, great news about new clothes! I'm in the same boat but hoping to get to July before buying new stuff (although I did have to by bras and undies). Sounds like a lovely family dinner.

Slept in until 8:30 this morning!!!! Bonehead is taking the kids to a movie at lunchtime so I'll have a couple hours to myself. I think I'll get a jump on Monday and get some laundry done while they are gone!

Have a great Sunday - hope you find some time to relax.

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, happy to hear that you & yours survived the storms; I was thinking of you & others on our board in the pathway of the wild weather yesterday.

Marg, such good news on the "downsizing", if you will. Hoping I'll be following your lead once the prednisone is out of my system.

Sharon (ldm), sounds like a relaxing day ahead. I'd blow off the laundry & read, but that's just me.

It looks as though storms are heading our way again today - awoke to dreary skies & now it's raining again. :windy:

husband, kt & I ran a few errands yesterday & then went out to lunch. It's a first for me in almost 9 months to spend the morning out & about with my family. I'm slowly getting stronger. :musicdance:

Not much going on today ~ rain & storms ahead, kt to do her laundry & get out of our way for tomorrow. Menu planning, a quick trip to the grocery store for meat & produce (our pantry is otherwise filled) & that's it. husband is heading up to visit with wm.

Have a good, restful Sunday all. :flowers: