Good Sunday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:

A quiet day here. Church and not a whole lot more planned for the day! Duckie will probably still need some quiet time after the busy day she had on Friday.

We hung out around the house for most of the day except for a short period of time when we walked through a festival our little village is having. All in all, a good day.

Have a great day! :salute:

smallworld

Good Sunday morning!

TM, a quiet day sounds like just what you all need. Enjoy!

We had a busy day yesterday. M and I ran some errands in the morning, including sending a package to A at camp in Maine. Then we took the Metro to the National Zoo, where husband's firm was holding a family picnic. Good food, a moon bounce and an amazing face painter were all part of the festivities.

It has been steamy here so last night when we had a babysitter, husband and I headed for our community pool to cool off. We hope to make it to the pool with the kids today. There have been lots of intermittent thunderstorms so we hope the weather holds.

Hope you have a peaceful day. Hi if you snuck in.

LittleDudesMom

:alien: Good Sunday Morning Friends!

TM, glad you have a nice quiet day today. You have been so busy the last several weeks, well couple months actually. It's always good to have a couple quiet days to regroup and recharge!

SmallW, love the National Zoo! I drove up to Springfield, parked the car, and took the kids on the Metro to the Zoo a couple years ago. The big treat was as we were sitting have a snack, difficult child happened to look over the banister of the snack place and yelled, "A panda, a panda!" Happened this little snack place was right over top part of the panda habitat. We were able to sit up there and watch the pandas eating bamboo! A dip in the pool alone with hubby sounds like a nice thing. Hope the family gets back to the pool today.

Well, my house is still quiet. easy child, difficult child, and my mom are still sleeping. We were all up a little late. Mom and I enjoyed a bottle of wine on the patio and then I grilled a couple tenderloins, some veggies, and had a nice fresh summer tomato salad. We didn't finish dinner until 9:30. It was nice though. Mom and I really had a great time just talking and sipping! It's amazing how she and I get along now. We were "mortal enemies" when I was growing up.......

easy child and I are taking my mom out to an upscale mall around lunch time. We've been wanting to take her there (it's about 25 minutes away) the last couple visits. I know it's hot, but it is totally shaded by huge trees and I know she would love browsing the boutiques.

difficult child is going to the movies with bonehead :yeah:.

Wishing everyone a restful day.

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, people.

TM, Enjoy your quiet day. The festival sounds like fun - I love those. We have one every year in this town, plus a couple of smaller ones nearby, mostly associated with local artists.

Smallworld, your festival at the zoo sounds like enormous fun. I love face painting - I used to do it with easy child 2/difficult child 2 for a while.
I hope you get to enjoy the pool.

Sharon/LDM, sounds like you had a good time talking to your mother and sharing an enjoyable evening meal. Enjoy your lunch and the boutiques.

We had a fairly quiet day. mother in law has been down in the dumps with doctors telling her things that worry her needlessly. I took her to a garage sale this morning, but there was nothing of interest for her. Then we went back to our house and watched DVDs with her. It cheered her up a lot. Lucky the budgie sat on her shoulder for a time, then decided to attack her reading glasses which were looped through her collar. She seemed to really enjoy this interaction, especially when I tried to take Lucky from her to put him back in his cage, and he squawked angrily at me and insisted on staying where he was!

I baked a lot of pizza today to satisfy husband's craving (and use up some leftovers).

Tomorrow it's back to school routine, and then as soon as school hours finish we head out to do some shopping and go to difficult child 3's drama class. It's the last week of school term for difficult child 3; after that he has two weeks' holiday before 3rd term begins.

husband just commented on how dark it is outside for a Sunday night, without all the lights easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 used to leave blazing. We're expecting our power bill to plummet from this point onwards.

Enjoy your Sunday everyone!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-A quiet day sounds nice-enjoy:)

SW-It sounds like your day was really busy but filled with fun things to do-how cool that you and husband went to the pool by yourselves:)

LDM-Sounds like you are having a lovely time with your mom-your dinner you cooked sounds delicious! Enjoy the shopping:shopping:

Marg-I'm sorry you mother in law is feeling down in the dumps. I'm glad Lucky cheered her up some:)

I've already been to church am about to take a nap. Later we're taking difficult child to play basketball-it's become a Sunday thing. Not much else on the agenda-just grocery shopping.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

TM, a calm quiet day is always appreciated ~ enjoy yours today.

SW, it's so important to get out with your husband on a regular basis ~ sounds like you had a good time together at the pool.

Sharon (ldm), I miss those times with my mother; I'm so glad you had that kind of evening with your mom. by the way, I need dinner planned & cooked here tonight if you're available. :)

Marg, I hope mother in law feels better soon ~ Lucky sounds like good therapy for her.

Sharon (with-o), sounds like a fine day ahead for you. Not to scattered or crazy. Enjoy.

kt & husband are still sound asleep - I'd best get them up soon. Especially kt - she needs to take her medications.

I spend all day yesterday sound asleep, woke for a few hours & slept another 9 hours. I'm hoping I can stay awake & accomplish a few things today.

kt is supposed to head out to the water park with her PCA today but the forecast is for cool (high of 72) weather & possible rain. I think we'll put it off until next weekend & go out on a search for her birthday bike this afternoon.

I've bills to pay, a menu to plan & groceries to order today. I'd like to work outside on my bird area. The bath needs to be cleaned; the feeders need to be emptied, cleaned & refilled. Most I can accomplish by getting about with my walker - need help with other things. husband has promised to help.

Have a good day friends.

everywoman

Good Morning ladies. Well, good after 11? Glad to see everyone has planned what they want to do.

TM--a day of nothing sounds like the ticket!
SW--What a great day for you and the kids. And a great night for you and husband.

Marge--When pcson and pcdaughter left the nest, my light bill went down $50.00 each time!!! Hopefully, when and if difficult child leaves again, it will drop another $50.

Sharon, I love those lazy Sunday naps.

Linda--Have fun with kt shopping for her bd bike. Hope you get your chores done and are able to just sit and enjoy your birds.

Here, it's a quiet day. husband is headed off on his weekly trip to the Harley Shop. difficult child has lumbered out of bed yet. PCdaughter is off at her first weekend drill with the National Guard. She texted me earlier that she did 32 situps, 17 pushups, but failed the run because she started throwing up. I've been telling her she needed to run more---but...teens...they think they know everything. She leaves for BCT on July 23. I wonder if she'll start running everyday now???

I'm out to the pool to float a bit before starting Sunday lupper (our version of lunch and supper!)

Have a great day.