Good Sunday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good Morning! :coffee:

The coffee is brewing and I'm getting ready for day 2 of the church's sausage stand. We made a tidy little profit yesterday with record crowds, but folks thinned out quite a bit when the sky became very ominous looking. They're calling for hit or miss showers and thunderstorms today and cool temps. I have no idea whether it will be busy or not.

I let Duckie stay up until 10pm at my neighbor's house making cupcakes. She had a blast, though I'm sure she'll be grouchy today. :bloodshot:

Have a great day! :salute:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning Sharon & all who follow,

Sharon, the sausage stand sounds wonderful. I'm happy that you were able to make a profit for your church. Duckie seems to be having a blast.

I'm up & have been all night. Spent all day yesterday sleeping as usual on the first day of kt's respite. I have got to quite wasting days like yesterday - it was beautiful outside.

husband & I have a few errands to run this morning; I'll nap for an hour or two & then kt will be home. husband & I had picked up babyback ribs for dinner tonight. I've never grilled out ribs of this sort nor has husband. I can't believe you can ruin ribs unless you overcook them.

I'm in the mood for baking today ~ hoping to get a pudding cake baked for dinner tonight.

Have a wonderful day friends; hope you can enjoy your day of rest.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-I hope the weather holds out for the church picnic and that Duckie manages to escape the grouchies!:D

Linda-Ribs sound delicious! I've never grilled them either-what time should I be over for dinner?:)

It was a very long day yesterday as difficult child was on Stop the World and couldn't do anything-he doesn't handle that so well:tongue:

The great thing about yesterday is I picked my first tomatoes of the season-they look beautiful and I will be enjoying them today! I've been getting ripe cherry tomatoes for a couple of weeks but these were the regular size ones!

This morning is church and this afternoon we will take difficult child to the health club for basketball. husband and I will do a workout first as we never quite made it to the club yesterday because of difficult child.

Later some friends are coming over for a cookout.

Wishing everyone a day filled with sunshine!:sunny:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

TM, I'm glad you made a profit for the sausage stand yesterday. I hope the weather holds for you today.

Linda, I'm glad you're getting some rest. Those ribs sound good. It's not something we often have in Australia. We can get them, just that we have other things to tempt us, plus the ribs are expensive.

Sharon/WO, your first tomatoes! I bet they taste wonderful! And just in time for the cookout.

I started early this morning. easy child 2/difficult child 2 had indicated yesterday that she and BF2 were hoping to visit, I had said to come for lunch. Plus difficult child 1 was bringing girlfriend home after church to talk to my best friend who has offered to make the bride's dress. mother in law was also coming to visit for her usual Sunday movie marathon with husband. Busy day, people to feed, so I skipped church to make sure I was home, and ready to feed people.

I got out my biggest pot and cooked osso bucco, leaving it to simmer on the stove for as many hours as I could.

difficult child 1 & girlfriend turned up, so I rang my friend who still hadn't returned my call from last night. She had agreed that this weekend would be good to sort out the wedding dress, but that was before her next door neighbour and good friend had a crisis - her husband was having surgery for cancer yesterday, they only found it last week, operated yesterday - and took one look and closed him up again. So when we tried to talk to her yesterday about the wedding dress, my friend was understandably busy minding the next door kids while their mother was at the hospital with her husband. So I rang my friend when difficult child 1 & girlfriend arrived, she said she was expecting friend to drop round and would make sure she made time for the kids to go talk wedding dresses to her later. She still hasn't called me back, so I think she got distracted. We do have time, but I think I might need to suggest to my friend that with this unforeseen crisis, we let her off the hook with girlfriend's wedding dress so she can be there for her neighbour.

So difficult child 1 & girlfriend were needing to be soothed a bit, they're sympathetic about the bloke with cancer but wish they had known to maybe leave this for another weekend; they could have got on with other things. As it was, we talked about the invitations, took some photos (part of the invitation design) and tried to get other things organised.

easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 still hadn't turned up. The phone rang at 4 pm - just as I was finally finishing my lunch (I'd been too busy with difficult child 1 & girlfriend). "We've been held up, we'll maybe leave soon."
"That's OK, lunch can be dinner," I told her.
6 pm the phone rings. "Looks like we're not going to get there this weekend," she said. "Next weekend for sure."

It had better be next weekend - that will be her birthday weekend, she will want to see us to get her presents (gee, I'm cynical).

So after staying home all day and cooking vast amounts of food, I could have gone to church, made do with leftovers and relaxed.

I know I sound unsympathetic about the neighbour with cancer - I'm not. He's a lovely man, it's a tragedy for a very young family. My friend is a kind person who will be very invaluable to them. I just wish she had kept me informed or called things off properly, so we weren't left hanging here. But I won't be able to tell her that, and maybe that is frustrating me even more.

All in all, a frustrating day.

The one positive thing - the new budgie is learning fast and has discovered string (it's clearly on this earth solely to provide entertainment to him) and water - I offered the budgie a drink from difficult child 3's cup, and the bird began to bathe instead! So I poured it into a bowl in the sink and watched him have fun! Then I had to keep him in the warmer room until he dried, rather than back in the colder room where his cage is.

Budgies are fun...

Marg

Andy

:bbq:Good morning all!!

Tired - I hope the weather behaves for your church's sausage stand today. I hope Duckie isn't too grouchy. :grounch_day:

Timer - When is supper? BBQ ribs are my absolute favorite and pudding cake to boot? YUUUUUMMMY! :bbq:

Wiped Out - I hope difficult child has a better day today - You are also cooking out? If Timer doesn't let me over for ribs, I will try to sneak in on yours - you may not even notice I am there as long as you have others over.
Have a great time at the gym. :exercisebike:

I am hoping to get to church this morning then maybe grocery shopping. difficult child wants a friend over so need t decide what time. I am also hoping to get into work for a few hours since I will be gone for one week starting on Tuesday.

difficult child stated he was having suicide thoughts last night. It was past bed time so I sent him back to bed with, "You are tired, you need sleep. Then you will feel better." I will need to talk to him this morning about what is going on. I don't think it is suicidal but rather self harm. Still not good. I was hoping we could go without a medication increase. I wanted him to take control if he can. He has been showing incredible ability to keep these under control but after yesterday I wonder. He may have to up the dosage of Flouxetine if this keeps up. He is only on 30 mg per day so we do have room to increase if need be. I will see how things go these next few weeks before his medication review. I better start journaling on a daily basis again - I have been filling in his calendar on a weekly basis but when things start up again it is too hard to remember everything and on what date.

Andy

Marg - You snuck in on me. I am sorry you had such a frustrating day. Your friend is very kind to help the cancer victim's family. In this crisis I am sure she was buried with responsibililty and didn't even think about any of her other duties while watching the kids. Here's to a good night and a better tommorrow!

LittleDudesMom

:beautifulthing: Good Sunday Morning Friends.

TM, hope the weather holds out for the sausage stand. I'm kinda wondering, is there a fair or something or just a random sausage stand sitting by itself somewhere?? Hope Duckie maintains. Perhaps she can lay down and look at a book or two for an hour.

Linda, I wouldn't feel bad about sleeping all day yesterday - it's not respite for kt, it's respite for you and husband to do with what you wish! I'm not a huge ribs fan, but I agree I don't beleive you could do wrong!

Sharon, sounds like stop the world was successful but punishment for the rest of the family as well. Hope you get a good workout today and difficult child is cooperative. We are a good five weeks ahead of you in the tomato area - I've been enjoying homegrowns since the 4th of July! A fresh tomato, a couple cubes of moz, s&p, a dash of olive oil....my fav!!!!

Marg, sorry the day was kinda a bust...but you do have leftovers so you don't have to cook Monday night! I'm sure the kids will get their wedding plans in order...things have a way of working themselves out. They just need to remember to destress!

Bonehead is taking the kids to lunch today. He came over and told the kids he was getting married in October last night - I've been bugging him for a couple months to talk to the children about it. Since the invitations went out this past week, it was high time. Now he and his honey will take them out for lunch. My kids are well adjusted and happy, have never really had any issues with their father and my split, but both said they would feel kinda funny at the wedding. I told them to ask their father if they could each bring a friend.

easy child taught her first class yesterday. She did great! I had a buffet of finger food Friday night for the opening of the Olympics so I'm working out 6 days a week!! There is a power class at 4:30 today - color me there!

Both my kids finally started their summer reading yesterday! With three weeks to go, it's about time!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Sunday :peaceful:

Sharon