Good Sunday Morning!!!

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning: Good Morning Friends.....

Here is central Virginia, we just came off the most wonderful Saturday - lovely blue sky, nice breeze, low humidity, high of 85. That is unheard of here in the south!

My doctor was really happy with me at my check up Friday. Her first words were, "So, what has been going on, or OFF, the last year? She was thrilled with my weight loss and my blood pressure (122/65). I'm looking forward to see my blood draw results to see how my hdl has been affected by my healthier eating practices and how my tri's have been affected by the exercise. So, good news.

Mom arrived yesterday afternoon and we are headed to the beach this morning for four days. She is so excited!! We are all looking forward to our annual "last of summer" beach trip. We start summer with the beach and end it with the beach - yes, we love the shore :beach:!!

I'm hoping you have relaxing plans for this Sunday and have a great day :peaceful:

Sharon

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon, enjoy your time at the beach!

Another Sunday, another day of menu planning & ordering groceries. kt is home from respite this weekend so she will be gathering, sorting & starting laundry (God bless her sweet heart), for which I promised her a new game.

husband has promised to drag out my good walker for me to play out in the yard. It's supposed to be a wonderful day. I have a nurse visiting this afternoon to check in on things, other than that it's a free day.

Have a good day friends. Hope it's peaceful & calm.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/LDM, I'm glad the doctor was pleased with your weight loss. Well done, it's been a hard road. I hope the blood test results are equally good. Enjoy the beach!

Linda, have you involved kt in the weekly menu planning? It might be an interesting exercise for her, to help her learn budgeting, nutrition, cooking, planning... never too young to start.
I hope you enjoy the day outdoors.

husband & I took easy child 2/difficult child 2 to the very last Sydney performance of Rocky Horror Show this afternoon. It was fabulous! We enjoyed it immensely, singing along to it and dancing in the aisles for the final encore numbers.
difficult child 3 stayed at home with mother in law - we felt it wouldn't be appropriate for him, but as it turned out he probably would have been fine.
The last time I saw Rocky on stage, it was a bit rough. This one was toned down a bit (at least on the seamy stuff) and although I'm not a prude, I think this one was even better.

We saw people we know - my best friend's daughter and her husband were there, easy child 2/difficult child 2 saw a drinking buddy from her pub club and another local girl, a former student of mine, was also there with her mother.

easy child 2/difficult child 2 wore her special vampire fangs for the occasion - these ones have little diamantes in them, they attach individually to her teeth so they're quite unobtrusive. And very disconcerting! She wasn't the only person to go over-the-top Goth for the occasion - a lot of people were dressed up but still nobody was able to compete with the cast.

Tomorrow we hope to sort out some paperwork for difficult child 1 about his job - there are problems with his pay. After not getting any pay slips for several months (and causing us untold headaches with officialdom) it now looks like the amount it says on his pay slips are more than the amount being put into his bank account. Plus we've found he's being paid under the award, which shouldn't be happening either. A lot of problems building. We need to get him an apprenticeship!

So tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me, on the phone sorting out red tape.

Wish me luck! Have a great day.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Sharon-Great news about your physical:) Enjoy the beach:beach: I hope it's o.k. that I'm a bit jealous;)

Linda-Enjoy your time in the yard!:happy-very:It's great kt is doing the laundry!

Marg-It sounds like you had a great time at the performance! Wishing you luck tomorrow dealing with the powers that be.:goodluck:

We had a nice day yesterday. I took difficult child to the pool-he was in good spirits and it continued into the night. Then we watched Michael Phelps win his 8th gold medal!

This morning I'm already done with church and am now going to take a nap:sleeping: Later we will take difficult child to the health club to play basketball. My sister in law may also come over for a visit and at some point, if we want to eat, I need to hit the grocery store.

TerryJ2

Way To Go, Sharon!
I'm glad you're getting outside, LInda, and that KT is helping with-laundry.
Marg, you know, I've never been to the Rocky Horror Show. Sheesh. So sorry about your son's pay snafu. What a mess. Best of luck.
Sharon, enjoy your nap, the health club, basketball and sister visit. That's what Sundays are for!
I walked 4 mi. with-a friend today.
I plan to walk to the neighbors and give them difficult child's notes and the Victoria's Secret gift card. husband wasn't keen on that. Wanted to mail it. Say what?

M

ML

Sharon - Here in Denver we went from highst of 100 to 50s, rainy and cold! It was a dose of reality to come and one for which I realize I'm soo not ready. Enjoy the beach!

Linda - I hope you enjoy your day and get to spend some time outdoors.

Marg - I haven't see RHPC in years. Right out of high school my friends and I went every weekend for years. I am amazed at how well most of their careers have taken off since that movie. Glad you had fun.

Sharon - You've been busy and productive this morning. I hope you have a good nap and enjoy the rest of your day.

Terry - That is so cool you walked 4 miles. I have GOT to get back to that.

Sunday should be quiet. Manster is at his dad's house and I'm getting some much needed "me" time. Maybe I will hit the walking paths today. I also need to get organized for the busy week ahead and to that end I will do a bit of batch cooking and list making.