Good Sunday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:

It's going to be a beautiful day today, we are flirting with 80 degrees! Right now it is already 57 which is definitely a summer like morning. What makes it even better is all of the Autumn colors:fall:

I'm leaving for :church: in a bit. After that I'm not sure what is up for today. I had thought I would go to the club and then try to take difficult child on a hike to enjoy the fall colors but somehow yesterday I did something to my back and I'm in a ton of pain. Don't ask me what I did as all I was doing was walking from one room to the other when it happened (I didn't even fall;)) I'm taking lots of Ibuprofen which doesn't seem to be doing much to touch the pain, luckily it doesn't seem as bad as the one time I threw my back out, that time I couldn't even get out of bed!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day filled with many reasons to smile and laugh:ghost:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/WO, sorry to hear your back is hurting. It sounds like a lovely day for a hike. Have you tried taking some sort of muscle relaxant for your back? Hot packs? Cold packs? Massage? Sometimes it's just a muscle spasm that needs a bit of encouragement to let go.

We've had a lovely spring day here today. Despite storms having been forecast every other day for the last week or more, we've not had a drop of rain. I've been bucketing water to the garden again and enjoying my new drip irrigation system husband put together for the vegetable bed, fully expecting the rainwater tank to quickly get topped up again. No dice.

Today we had lunch and a long afternoon at therapist's place. They are good friends of ours, their daughter is good friends with difficult child 3. I had promised to make dessert so I was up late last night making naughty, decadent chocolate stuff. I finally perfected a deceptively simple recipe which I'm going to trot out again in the near future. Mind you - we've had no room for dinner tonight, we overdosed on chocolate. It's almost 11 pm, I'm getting to the stage where I think I could manage to eat a little dinner. Maybe a lettuce leaf.

School is back tomorrow, for the final school term of the year. I've got to go through the paperwork and get it all filed - somewhere in there are letters notifying us of upcoming study days, it was all coming in too fast at the end of last term, and I haven't noted dates in my diary. I don't want to miss study days - difficult child 3 gets a lot out of them. They're like a school excursion, where he goes in to the school for a change, instead of his usual working from home.

Tomorrow is going to be fairly warm, they've forecast another storm. Maybe this time we'll get some rain?

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

Andy

GOOD MORNING!
:D:D:D
Wiped - I hope your back straightens out. You may have twisted it wrong? What a beautiful day to enjoy the awesome fall colors. It is gorgeous in my neck of the woods these days.
Marg - Wish I could send you some of the rain we have been getting this past week. I know you will get those study dates and other school things figured out before your wedding duties start up again. You are going to have a super fast month ahead of you.

difficult child wasn't too happy with me last night when I called an early night at 7:00 pm with the neighbor boy. But, it got him to bed a little earlier to assure he gets enough sleep. He was up early this a.m. so went to early church with husband. I will follow in an hour for Sunday School. I thought today was my Sunday School devotion on my favorite commandment - Honor your mother and father but after further thinking, that will be next week giving me more time to come up with one.

easy child arrived home about 12:45 am this morning. She said her small car doesn't like the rain. I asked what is was doing and she said it hydroplanes like crazy. She wants to drive it to the cities in a few weeks but I think I will ask husband to bring her jeep out of storage next time he goes to the farm. I will feel better if it was here ready to switch to on the first bad road day. Then the car will go into storage (we will only insure one at a time).

Nothing planned for today - difficult child has a math assignment to do and I will need to go grocery shopping at some time.

Everyone have a great day! Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.