Good Sunday Morning

tiredmommy

Good morning. :bloodshot:

I woke up in the middle of the night having joint pain and haven't been able to get back to sleep. So I thought I'd wish everyone a great day.

Today is an exciting day in Sunday School; we will vote on how to spend the money we raised for developing countries. The kids love the secret ballot, lol!

Have a great day! :salute:

TerryJ2

Hi TM, the dog woke me up. :( And my stomach was growling. I've had a bowl of puffed rice, 2 cups of camomile tea, and a half dozen choc toffee macadamia nuts. Sigh.
It's nice to sit here in peace and quiet. :)
I'm going back to bed.
Let us know what the Sun. School class votes on.
I'm going to drop difficult child off at Sun. School and hope that he cooperates and goes. I never know when he's going to be stubborn.
Then meet easy child for a quick bite to eat b4 she's off to spend the entire day at a fundraising concert for a local children's hospital.

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

TM, the vote sounds like fun, and a good way for kids to learn so much about budgeting, maknig choices, about democratic process... all good stuff.

Terry, sounds like you've got a busy day ahead of you. I hope you can keep the hunger pangs at bay.

We've had a warm day here, but not so warm as in other places. We've watched movies in the dark (with windows & doors shut & curtains drawn, all to keep the heat out), fed invading hordes (when difficult child 1, daughter in law and four friends turned up unexpectedly at lunchtime) then gone for a swim in the late afternoon. The water was warm, very pleasant. It probably would have been even nicer if we'd gone for a swim earlier in the afternoon, but we couldn't tear ourselves away from the news reports of the fires in Victoria. They're shaping up to be the worst fires in our history, at least in terms of loss of life. The last count in the death toll that I heard was 65, but it's expected to be even higher. The news we watched was all breaking news, each time we hear more it's "worst fears confirmed" stuff. One town, for example, is gone, wiped off the map. All buildings burned down. However, the residents all survived in that place, I believe, because they had enough warning to get out. But another town apparently didn't fare so well. News is still patchy from there.
We also have more fires now in NSW, but the cool change has come through which hopefully should cool things down for a few days.
We'll have more news tomorrow. The one thing we're all holding on to - it could have been much, much worse even than this.

Have a good Sunday, everyone. And always remember - it could always be worse.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, sorry to hear you're feeling so much pain. Wish I had something to offer that would help with pain management.

Terry, you're very disciplined in the middle of the night. I'd be going after ice cream or something. Hope your morning with difficult child goes well.

I've been up most of the night. My mind is racing ~ I'm chomping at the bit to get my new painting started. I also am changing my mind on plans for next weekend & am considering a whole new scenario ~ one that will make the tweedles happy, but no one else will be at all excited. Don't care ~ I'm the mom.

Have a good Sunday all. Leave your loved ones with loving words & hugs.

LittleDudesMom

:angel: Good Sunday Morning Friends,

TM, is this chronic pain or something due to overuse or stress? I agree with Terry, let us know what the kids end up voting on. Hope you are able to get some relief from the pain as the day goes on and perhaps take a nice nap!

Terry, sorry the doggie woke you up so early!! I agree with Linda, it would have been something sweet in the middle of the night for me. Hope your day is great!

Marg, we've been hearing and seeing about the wildfire(s) on our national news - very devestating. Glad you were able to enjoy the water today!

Linda, darn right you're the mom. You will most always know what is best for the tweedles! What is the subject matter of your new painting? I'll give you a ring today.

Yesterday was crazy!!!!!!!! I didn't stop until about 6:45. Ended up not grilling because it was so late. Just made homemade pizzas. My house looks great and the to do list for the week got a lot shorter because I wored so hard yesterday! But, with the book fair all week, I needed to have a minimal "to do" list for the week.

Today is church, a couple loads of laundry, a few little things around the upstairs, water fitness class at 4:30, and I've penciled in a nap at 1:30!! Not sure if it will happen, but it's on the schedule.

Hope your day is a relaxing one :flower:

Sharon

Janna

Good morning,

TM, I'm sorry you weren't able to sleep. Try to get a nap in later.

Terry, I hope difficult child cooperates for you and gives you some time away. Pass that chocolate over here! LOL!

Marg, I've heard about the fires. How scary. I'm sorry to hear about the devastation.

Linda, you're right, you're the mom, you make the rules! Let us know what plans you have in store! Sounds exciting. Hope you get some rest.

Sharon, glad you got so much done! Wow, you've been productive. FORCE that nap in! LOL! Good for you.

This week has been insane here too. We did a 4 hour in home therapy session with D yesterday, and tdocs (we have 2) had so much to throw my way. Not only discussing the Residential Treatment Facility (RTF)'s and options, but also studies, EEG's, MRI's, what about the dissociation? What about Schizophrenia? What about Bipolar with the Autism? It's exhausting.

The one therapist, a mother of 3 grown boys and one that has worked with Auties forever - has enforced me taking MY time. Whether that be to take a walk, get in the van and go around the corner, whatever it is, taking the break. She has given strict orders to SO to allow this (LOL!!!!).

So, today, maybe I'll jump in the van. Just never know.

I have no other plans. It is to be in the 50's today, so I might get out and clean up our filthy, muddy, eewy yard LOL!

Have a good day everyone.

Andy

Good Morning all!

Tired Mommy - How old are the Sunday School kids? I enjoyed my talk with the 2nd graders about voting - the purpose and the different ways. I hope your joint pain disappears soon.

Terry - Those moments of peace and quiet in the middle of the night are very nice. Hope you were able to get back to sleep.

Marg - Yes, those fires are awful. Like a nightmare that could be turned into a horror show. I hope more people are taking their warnings seriously and getting out of the way.

Timer - The Tweedles need some happiness right now and you are the Mom - Go for it!

Little Dude's Mom - Good feeling to be set for the week. Have fun with the book fair.

Janna - That does sound like a lot of info thrown at you to sort through. Yes, it is very important that you take time for yourself.

difficult child sold his 3rd box of chocolate yesterday. We will not get another one until Monday (or Tuesday if school is closed on Monday). I wish we had another one to go out today but I am also glad we don't. The other boy in his class that goes to our church gets to sell at church this morning. They get too competitive when they are both selling so it has been decided that they take turns. The other boy's name got drawn for today. Since difficult child doesn't have any to sell, he should behave a little better? He may even help the other boy.

husband switched the truck and little car yesterday. Non-easy child Diva was so happy to use the car again. The neighbor girl she is watching had Snowball to go to last night and the car is "fancier" than the jeep to deliver her with. Non-easy child Diva's friend S came over last night to the girl's home. The two girls helped D get dressed up (formal affair) and dropped her at the dance. At 11:00, Non-easy child Diva and S picked her up from the dance and took her out to a resturaunt. So cool that non-easy child diva gave this girl the experience that all the girls look for at Snowball and any dance (preparing with a group of friends and going out after the dance) and since non-easy child diva is 18, D didn't feel that she lost out on not having a group of friends to go out with after the dance. D adores non-easy child diva and any attention she gets from her is great.

I think it was important that D got to stay in school this week. She was one of the attendants. Huge deal - her aunt had to call the school to make sure the other students were not playing a cruel joke on D. D is vulnerable to kids being mean to her. We were very pleased to hear it was not a joke. D has had a wonderful week while her guardians have been in Mexico. If we had been unable to help, she would have been pulled from school and sent to relatives several hours away. She would have missed out on her special week.

I am going to see if someone can set me up on the school's computer to type up the next list of Fabulous February workshops so the kids can make their choices.

I better get going - breakfast for difficult child and to church to set up for Sunday School - I am not sure what the opening devotion will be yet - I usually wing it - sometimes I stumble on something that really keeps the kids' attention and I love watching attentive faces as information sinks in.

Have a great day today! Find a way to make your kids laugh.

TerryJ2

TM, I hope you're feeling better now that you're up and around.

Marg, I thought of you when I saw the headline about the fires. :(

Linda, I saw your note on the WC. :)

Sharon, You actually pencil in a nap? I penciled in "vaccum the car" and a nap overtook me. ;) I'm glad you got a lot done, though. That's always a good feeling, no matter how exhausting.

Janna, I'm with-you, in regard to taking "you" time, not to mention the beautiful weather.

Andy, your class sounds much better than my husband's. He can't get any info to sink in. He is constantly confiscating the kids' cell phones, and if he doesn't resort to duct tape to get them to shut up, I'll be surprised.
See, I could never teach. There would just be dead bodies everywhere.

tiredmommy

Here's a recap of what the kids voted for in Sunday School today:

First off, our national church has an outreach organization that works in developing nations and responds to disasters. They put out a yearly catalogue where items or services may be purchased by individuals and groups. The kids raised just over $100 by doing chores at home and I gave them three options from which to choose. They used a secret ballot system.

Option 1-
1 Disaster Relief Kit ($50)
3 Mosquito Nets ($36)
1 Share of a Flock of Chickens ($25)
Total $111

Option 2-
2 Mosquito Nets ($12)
1 Unit of Maternal & Child Health Care ($35)
3 Shares of a Mobile Health Clinic ($45)
Total $104

Option 3-
Vitamins and Medicine ($60)
Healthy Harvest Drought Resistant Seeds ($20)
1 Share of a Fish Farm ($15)
1 Mosquito Net ($12)
Total $107

Our kids really get into this and discuss the merits of each option and their components. They finally chose option #1 because they thought a flock of chickens would be cool. :rofl:

Marguerite

Thanks for the update. That sounds really cool.

We often use the TEAR catalogue for Christmas presents, some of our friends and family have requested it. So brother in law often gets a goat bought (in his name) for a village somewhere. One goat gives milk, has a kid every year which (if it's female) boosts the milk production a year later. If the kid is male and they don't need another buck, then it provides meat for the family. It can turn around a family's poverty, which can turn around a village's and so on.

A woman at our church is always riasing money, when she has enoguh she sends it off to TEAR for a school, or a well, or a health worker. We also have a special dinner every year (when we can) which is a fundraiser for TEAR. Last year we raised money for projects in Sudan. We have friends through our church who are refugees from Sudan, they came to the dinner and gave a talk. It has been wonderful to see their kids grow up here in Australia. If they had stayed, they wouldn't all be alive. The boys could have been forced into fighting and killing while the girls... it's not pretty there. They lost family members but are bringing out who they can find, as they find them.

ANything we can do to hep, is a good thing. And a great lesson for the kids, they need to know it's not always easy, and when it's difficult it's not necessarily anyone's fault. "There but for the grace of God go I..."

Marg