Good Sunday Morning

tiredmommy

Good Morning! :coffee:

I'll be waking Duckie soon... she needs to be at church today for acolyting. Then she has a play date with her best bud this afternoon. husband will be staying home... he has the flu. It looks like his fever has broke, though. :thumbsup:

Have a great day! :salute:

therese005us

Good morning to you. We had a lovely Sunday ourselves, though we didn't get to Church. The roads are still boggy and treacherous!
I think the flooding rains are over, so now we have the windy days to follow, although we saw a beautiful rainbow across the paddocks yesterday afternoon. It spanned the whole sky and we saw His promise in its entirety.

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

TM, I hope easy child's play date goes well. Commiserations to husband.

Trish, good to see another Aussie on the morning thread! I know it's evening for us, I tend to wait until it's after midnight at the CD server site. I once started a Good Morning thread when it WAS morning for me, ande confused everybody! I'm glad the floodwaters are receding for you. The news tonight showed ninemetre swell at Burleigh Beach today, with a lot of idiots out there on boards and jet skis.

We had an early start today. easy child & sister in law arrived at about 7.30 am. They had rung earlier from the airport to double-check where we had parked the car. We talked for an hour or so, we all went down to mother in law's and continued the visit there. sister in law has a fairly bad case of heat rash and was literally itching to get home, so they left to drive home while still awake. I could have gone to church then (arriving a bit late would have been understood) but I was feeling unaccountably tired so we headed home instead. husband & difficult child 3 are still coughing a lot.

Next thing, I had fallen asleep and the morning was gone. No energy. By mid-afternoon nobody had eaten lunch so I cooked something up and was feelnig even worse. I've put myself to bed, I think I'm fighting off the bug that has hit husband & difficult child 3.
So today we've all had a rest. difficult child 3 finished building a complex K'Nex kit, his next aim is to reproduce it in metal. Oh, joy... he will be learning how to weld.

Enjoy your Sunday.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning TM and Trish from Oz.
I love 3 day weekends. We are enjoying just having been home for more than 2 weekends in a row. How much more relaxed I feel.
husband went to the hockey game last night(yay!Penguins) Today we have some company coming for a barbeque. It will be fun and pretty relaxed.

Trish when I think of the roads being boggy, I can't help but think of scenes from The Piano with Holly Hunter. Hopefully you are not knee deep in mud.

TM what a nice Sunday for Duckie. What about you? Anything fun for you today? Glad husband is starting to mend.

Summer is starting now. I may have to attempt to hang out at the pool one day just to get some color in my fish belly white legs.

difficult child is very excited about his upcoming week. He is picking up a friend and going to a Sci Fi convention on Thursday. It's a big deal for him and I'm happy for his initiative.

Hope you all have a pleasant Sunday.

Last edited:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

TM-I'm glad husband's fever has broken! I hope Duckie enjoys her play date:)

Therese-The rainbow sounds beautiful. Glad you enjoyed your Sunday.

Marg-I hope you are feeling better and don't catch whatever husband and difficult child 3 has.

Fran-Enjoy the barbecue-I love cooking out! Glad you are feeling relaxed and that you haven't been on the road so much. Good for difficult child going to the sci fi convention-sounds like fun!

I've been to church this morning, it was so peaceful just to come home and here difficult child being a pita-oh joy!

Today's plans include going to the health club, mowing the lawn, napping and cooking out brats on the grill! husband and I have been really eating healthy lately but we are splurging on the brats tonight-there's nothing like a brat grilled after it's been boiled in beer first-yum!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

TM, hoping husband feels better soon.
Trish, glad to hear the rains are stopping - stay safe.
Marg, take care of yourself - you don't have time to get sick.
Fran, I love 3 day weekends or I did before I stopped working. Enjoy your bbq & company today.
Sharon, the brats sound wonderful - hmmmmm you've settled my dinner plans.

I'm about to take kt back to Residential Treatment Center (RTC) & I have the rest of the day to myself until my niece gets off work. I'm going to attempt to work out in the yard with my walker. I've been looking for gardening tools that can be accomodated for my disability. I haven't found much that I can use - so I guess I'll use kt & k's brute strength & I'll pot the plants & such. No biggie ~ I love playing with soil & plants.

Have a good day all - enjoy your time with your family.

Andy

Good Morning All!

I don't know what is up with difficult child. He WANTS to go to church this morning. Very strange! I on the other hand would rather just stay home. Starting next week we can go Wednesday nights instead of Sunday mornings so to church this morning we will go.

Diva told me that her friend K stated she was coming to our home for BBQ tommorrow. (I had not made any plans yet) The neighbor girl D was in earshot so she said she would be coming over also. So, I guess I get to plan a BBQ for tomorrow. I hope the weather behaves otherwise husband and difficult child will be in the cold garage grilling while us girls are in a warm house. It will be a fun day. I asked K to bring some of her board games and we will have a game evening/night. Wonder who else we can get to join us? I suppose Diva's item?

I jokingly called K and said, "I hear we are having a BBQ at our home. What will you bring?" She wasn't quite sure how to answer so I told her to bring games. I also told her to come over as early as she wants and if no one is awake she can start the dishes. She can also wake up Diva to help. To which Diva said, "How early will she be here?"

Everyone have a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.