Good Sunday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good Morning. :coffee:

Duckie woke us up a little while ago; she can't wait to go to her football game. Even though it's only 38F right now. I guess that's what happens when you spend a boring day home with your parents. :winks:

We hope to go out to dinner later if I'm feeling up to it. This cold has still got a strong hold on me. :ill:

Have a great day! :salute:

LittleDudesMom

;) Good Morning!

TM, first, I certainly hope your cold gets better soon - I know your household has been in the throws of sickness for quite a number of days....Have fun at the football game - great weather for a game!

Yesterday I drove up to spend the day with my mom. I've been planning it about a week now. I got a wonderful suprise when easy child called me and said she got someone to work for her and was going to ride up the road with me. We three girls had a nice day ending with dinner at Bone Fish (mom's fav). We got back around 11 last night.

Today is filled with household stuff, getting my week planned for bookfair week! I have a choice - either a nap this afternoon or easy child's water fitness class at 4:30...hmmmmm...or both...

Have a great Sunday :D

Sharon

Marguerite

TM, keep yourself warm at the game.

Sharon/LDM, your day with you mother yesterday sounds like it was fun. With that late night, the nap sounds good.

We've had a fairly quiet day. I got to church this morning but husband stayed home and worked on our tax returns (and watched the Race). After church I got on with some writing while watching the Race. This is a big car race in Australia, the Bathurst 1000. It's an annual event, it goes all day and is broadcast in intricate detail. Today was especially exciting, with the variable weather causing a lot of challenges for the drivers.

Tomorrow morning I have the news crew arriving. I began to tidy up but there is no way I can do enough. husband did find the old archived videotapes I needed. Here's hoping they still work! They show difficult child 3 as a 2 year old, using the computer to type in the alphabet. I'm not sure if we also videotaped him playing the piano, but he was reading music at about the same age. Classic savant.

It will be interesting...

Enjoy your Sunday,

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Sunday morning everyone. It feels good to wake up with nothing pressing.

TM, pretty funny about Duckie ready to get out of the house after a day at home with boring parents. Hope you are feeling better soon. Way too cold for so early in the year. Hope this isn't an indicator of the upcoming winter.

LDM, how nice that easy child surprised you and drove to visit your mom. She is such a sweet girl. I'm sure a nap would be good after water aerobics. LOL.

Marguerite, I am assuming there is going to be a news story of difficult child 3. Hope it does the cause some good. Certainly autism is much more out in the open than it once was.

We attended a dance demonstration and lesson last night. Surprisingly fun. We learned american rumba and swing. Even those of us with no rhythm and two left feet managed. The instructors were amazing and beautiful.

Today is going to be as low key as we can make it. A walk with the dogs and some light housework. It's going to be a pretty hectic week so I'm going to enjoy today.

difficult child is coming home today after visiting with a friend in Va. I'm sure he is missing his girlfriend. :beautifulthing:

Have a good day everyone.

lizanne2

Good Morning all-

That day with the girls sounded fun.

difficult child 2 is off to baseball. That is a good thing. difficult child 1 is out of the hospital and indications that it was a helpful stay. I will take her to an eye doctor appointment and try to stay in her orbit to make sure she is doing ok.

Everyone---thanks for sharing my coffee with me this morning.

Liz

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

TM-I hope your cold is gone soon! Enjoy the game and I hope you get to dinner!

Sharon-Sounds like a fun girl's day out! I vote for the nap and the class!

Marg-I'm glad you were able to enjoy a quieter day, still you sound very busy!

Fran-The dance lessons sound like fun. Enjoy your quieter day that you have planned!

Lizanne-I'm glad difficult child 1 feels the hospital stay was helpful. Enjoy your day.

Yesterday was so busy I never did make it to the club so that will be a definite today. Church is done and I scrambled some eggs for breakfast and am going to squeeze in a quick nap.

In addition to the club we have a ton of things to do around the house today! Yesterday I did manage to get my summer wardrobe switched to my fall/winter wardrobe!

It's a chilly 31 degrees right now-brrr!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

TPaul

Idecor8
TM, keep yourself warm at the game.

Sharon/LDM, your day with you mother yesterday sounds like it was fun. With that late night, the nap sounds good.

We've had a fairly quiet day. I got to church this morning but husband stayed home and worked on our tax returns (and watched the Race). After church I got on with some writing while watching the Race. This is a big car race in Australia, the Bathurst 1000. It's an annual event, it goes all day and is broadcast in intricate detail. Today was especially exciting, with the variable weather causing a lot of challenges for the drivers.

Tomorrow morning I have the news crew arriving. I began to tidy up but there is no way I can do enough. husband did find the old archived videotapes I needed. Here's hoping they still work! They show difficult child 3 as a 2 year old, using the computer to type in the alphabet. I'm not sure if we also videotaped him playing the piano, but he was reading music at about the same age. Classic savant.

It will be interesting...

Enjoy your Sunday,

Marg

You spoke of a news crew coming, what kind of adventure is happening at your place???

TPaul

Idecor8
A Good Sunday To All
Hopefully everyone will have a good restful day off, for those that are off on Sunday. Hoping for a quiet day here. I am thinking about rearranging my office so that I can put another oriental rug that I got Friday at a sale. A really great wool oriental rug, with rich deep red main background with good muted prints of dark creams and other rich colors. And a full 5 foot by 8 foot.

Can you tell that I like this rug, but going on and on about it, LOL LOL!! And the best part of this is that I STOLE IT!!!

Don't call the police on me, though, I stole if at the sale for only Drum roll please>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
$20.00
God I love jewels at
bargain prices!!

Have a great day everyone!!
T. Paul

Marguerite

I know this is late, but just to update and confirm - yes, there is a news story on difficult child 3 scheduled for filming today. They've done interviews with me over the phone but not yet talked to difficult child 3. The main angle began with the oxytocin research trial he's been involved with, and was designed to help promote this. But along the way we got talknig about the lack of services and the problems we've had with various services getting things so badly wrong over the years, so they decided to do the story in more depth.

They're due here in half an hour (although people who have never been here before are ALWAYS late, this place is harder to get to than people realise).

I've done media interviews before over the years (I was a charity spokesperson for a while) so I have a bit of an idea of what to expect. I'm also fairly comfortable with this network.

I'll let you know more after it's done. Probably post in Watercooler.

They also asked me how I cope - I mentioned you guys but can't give details, because I don't want people tracking me from home, to CD. The other way doesn't bother me, but I'm really concerned about past stalkers causing me trouble here.

However, I might suggest people who are interested in getting help online, to Google for it. I'm certainly going to flash my copy of "Explosive Child"! I just wish we got some sort of kickback on this site, for all the promotion we give the book!

Marg