Good Sunday Morning!!!

LittleDudesMom

:jack: Good Morning!

It's a cold morning here in the southeast and even colder because my fireplace in the family room is not working!!!! It was having some issue at the end of the season last year. I tried about 6 times on Friday to get it going but the pilot keeps going off. I'll be calling the plumber tomorrow!

Decided to do some more canning yesterday! I did another batch of the pineapple since it came out so nicely and is very easy - I'm giving those to difficult child's teachers and some staff. And I made a double batch of jalenpeno jelly with the addition of some hot red thai chili's from my garden (the last of them). Jalapeno jelly is not really hot - fresh jalapenos are very different from the pickled jar ones you buy in the store. I have so many folks who love things really spicey I thought the addition of the red chili's would be perfect. 24 jalapenos to four little tiny skinny peppers the thickness of twine and about an inch in length makes some spicy jelly!

Today is laundry, typing up some board notes for the PTSA and difficult child has some homework to do. He is trying to talk me into taking him to see Paranormal Acivity, but it looks soooooooooo scary......

Hope your Sunday is a relaxing one.

Sharon

T

TeDo

LDM, sounds like you have been busy and will be to a certain extent today. Hopefully you can get some relaxation of YOUR choosing in there somewhere.

It is cold here too. We have to get yardwork done today. Our city sets a certain date where it will come around with bucket loaders, dump trucks and street sweepers and pick up all our leaves and garden waste for free. All we have to do is make sure it is in the street by like 5AM and they pick it up and haul it for me. Tomorrow is the day so no more putting it off.

difficult child 2 is in rare form today so it just may be a stressful day here. Whether he realizes it or not but he REALLY can't handle difficult child 1 not causing chaos. He has been pushing difficult child 1"s buttons already this morning. It's either that or he has developed worse Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) behaviors that he didn't have before?!? Don't know if that's possible so I think it is the earlier.

Have a great day everyone.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hello everyone. It's been a while since I gave an update. Partially because I don't want to jinx anything. difficult child is doing well. He has a roommate finally, a lovely girlfriend and is organizing a halloween party including friends from out of state. I didn't even know he had plans for a party until one of mother's from Phila. called to see if her difficult child needed to bring anything to the party. Um! had no idea. This is a big step in independence and planning. He had a plan that did not include me to do the organizing and planning. I'm pretty happy and a bit surprised. All he needs is a real job and he will be like his peers. He is coming home for Thanksgiving and bringing his girlfriend for a week. husband and I are hopeful that difficult child will need us less and less. It takes a step back to not try to "help".
Today, I made a spicy black bean soup in the crock pot for tonight's dinner. Made a pumpkin cake for a party last night too. I seem to like to cook this time of year.
I'm already making plans for Thanksgiving and thinking about the week's menu. Both of my boys will be home and I hope to indulge them with good food.
It's lovely and cool and I have been enjoying the walks in the woods with my favorite walking companions.