Good thoughts for difficult child, please

flutterby

Fly away!
difficult child has pleurisy and bronchitis, on top of reflux. She's pretty miserable...in a lot of pain.

She was given antibiotics, pain medications, and a new stomach medication.

Please keep her in your thoughts that she recovers quickly.

TIA.

DammitJanet

Good thoughts going out. Yikes. She must have really got herself a bad case of bronchitis to also get pleurisy.

Hope the pain medications help.

If you can get her to sip it, I always make some kick-butt chicken broth when I have chest infections. Its chicken broth, ginger, and two red chili peppers which you simmer for about 10 minutes. Strain it and then sip the liquid.

Also...you can make a really good cough syrup with clear liquor like vodka and pour it over peppermint candy or lemon drops. Then pour like a teaspoon of that into hot tea or hot apple juice. Really good.

flutterby

Fly away!
The bronchitis is mild. She's not even coughing.

We went to Urgent Care because our doctor didn't have any appointments today. I'm going to have our doctor run an ANA, RF, and sed rate. I don't know anyone that's had pleurisy unless they either have an autoimmune disorder or pneumonia. I was never diagnosed with pleurisy, but she is having the same symptoms I had as a teenager and through my early twenties. They just never took a chest x-ray of me. I missed a lot of school my junior and senior year because of it.

DammitJanet

I have had it twice that I know of. Once when I had pneumonia really bad back when I got pregnant with Cory and then another time in the late 90's when I had walking pneumonia.

Cory had it one time about 4 years ago maybe...not sure on the time really. He had been feeling real bad and then one day he started having bad chest pains every time he moved or took a deep breath.

everywoman

I have had attacks of pleurisy several times a year---except for this year---just realized that I haven't had that or bronchitis at all.
Thinking good thoughts for difficult child and going to knock on wood for myself.

Oh yeah---heat always helps with the pain.

flutterby

Fly away!
Sigh...

The doctor was going to prescribe augmentin and I told him we would need liquid because difficult child can't swallow those pills. difficult child said that the liquid makes her gag and throw up. So, he asked her if she needed smaller pills and prescribed azithromyacin (sp). She's having a meltdown/panic attack over them and says she can't take them because they're too big. Won't take them crushed in pudding (I called the pharmacy).

She's sitting at the table sobbing. I can hear the bronchitis now that she's crying. We have to get through the meltdown before we can make any headway.

flutterby

Fly away!
That one lasted about 2 hours. She finally calmed down, made some eggs, then took the medications with pudding (not crushed).

The only problem is the prescription prilosec. We were prescribed Protonix because I take it and it's a small pill with a nice coating so it goes right down. It comes in generic, but the pharmacist wrote a note that neither insurance covers it and substituted Prilosec. It's a capsule and it's sticky. She almost threw it back up. So, I see my doctor tomorrow and I'm going to ask her to get a prior auth on Protonix for difficult child.

Thank God the Celexa, Trazdone and Clonidine are small pills. This whole pill anxiety started several years ago when she was prescribed amoxicillin, thought she could take them, gagged on them and threw them up. Now she obsesses on it and, voila, pill anxiety.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Geez, poor kid can't catch a break! I hope she's able to take her medications and starts feeling better soon!