Good thoughts for Janet, please

F

flutterbee

Janet is having a rough day. Her resting pulse rate is 134 and she's short of breath. They have her on oxygen. She sounds good, just out of breath and not feeling well.

Despite this, they have done nothing other than put her on oxygen. No chest x-ray, no EKG, nothing. They haven't seen the doctor for 2 days.

Please send up the board juju and a foot up the you know what for the nurses at the rehab facility to get the doctor in to see Janet.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I want the NAME of the rehab facility -

I'm going to call all official like - and tell them SHE IS LOVED and WE ARE WATCHING.......

F

flutterbee

And they made her go to PT anyway. The physical therapists didn't make her do anything physical; just had her work on brain games. And they noted it in the chart. That's all their doing. Noting it in her chart.

I just don't understand it. These are not symptoms you ignore.

tiredmommy

I was just thinking about her earlier today. Many good thoughts being sent to her. I hope her husband can effectively advocate for her to be seen by a doctor quickly.

I'm giving the nurses a kick up the you know what with both feet:angry-very:!!!

I'm doing the nekkid chicken dance, rattling beads, lighting candles and praying for the nurses to do the right thing and get Janet's doctor in to see her ASAP!!!

Lots and lots of caring thoughts and prayers being said... WFEN

susiestar

Roll With It
My foot is so far up the nurses tushie they are tasting toe jam.

If at all possible to PM the name and/or phone # of the facility to me I will ALSO call and let them know that many many eyes are upon them. I will be polite, and tactful, but will call. (I will also call Janet in a few days, I have HER cell #, but haven't called because I don't know if she can use it, or is up to it. I don't want tostress ehr or the family.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Stupid Health care politics... when I did my internship at a rehab it was like that. They pushed us to do PT anyway. It was so insurance didn't cancel or deny.
You have to do PT or Occupational Therapist (OT) every time it is scheduled or INSURANCE *screws* you.
It was for the patients benefit, I would note in the chart things that would make the insurance company *happy* like that she was "Using her hands for fine motor skills and ADL's" even if she was just reading the paper and talking to me!!!

I hated it.
Janet we are praying for you!!!

klmno

GEEZ, I wouldn't be surprised then if she'll have to wait until Monday for a dr to see her. I can't believe they haven't tested something- at least they should be checking her lungs for fluid.

Nancy

She needs someone down there to fight for her. It makes me so angry when I see this happen to those most vulnerable.

Nancy

dreamer

it skunks, but, yeah, sounds about how the nurseing homes and rehab facilities I worked in worked, too.
And yes, if patient does not do rehab PT etc, yup, ins will often not pay, and will send patient home. It is possible the nurses DO have a call out to the doctor, some docs skunk at getting around to their nurseing home/rehab facility patients. Most nuseing staff persons CAN tell if lungs are filling with fluid by listening with their stethoscope, tho. and quite possibly the nmurses ARE keeping an eye on this.
Janet WAS quite seriously ill, and the prognosis I am sure is very guarded. And truthfully, it is far better for her lungs for her to be UP and active rather than laying still, atelectasis pneumonia (sp) can be a very serious problem related to inactivity.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Sending up prayers. Hope the rehab staff aren't stupid enough to sit on this too long. Tony may have to act like a grizzly to get them to really sit up and take notice.