Good thoughts needed please...

tiredmommy

My older brother was recently laid off from his job over 22 years. He has a very generous severance package that will take him through July of 2010 and he will receive funding for additional technical training from the province of Ontario.

My sister in law called a little while ago... she was just laid off at the end of last week and will only receive three weeks severance since she has only been there for two years. This comes as a complete shock and was unexpected. The good news is that she has lined up two interviews for next week.

Please keep them in your thoughts... and that sister in law lands a job next week.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That bites. I'm glad he has a good severance package. I've heard it can take seasoned employees up to a year to find a comparable replacement job.

I'll keep sister in law in my thoughts and hope that her interviews go well next week! That's great that she has something in the queue so soon!

Jena

sending good wishes and hoping that things pan out for them, so many ppl iknow i've been hearing the same exact thing our economy is so very bad right now.

my thoughts are with them.

Lothlorien

Wow, that really stinks that they were both laid off. Good thing for his great severance. I do hope she finds something quickly.

trinityroyal

Sending good thoughts and prayers.

Articles in yesterday's paper were talking about the Bear market starting to turn Bull-ish, so with luck a recovery is on the horizon soon. In the meantime, here's hoping that at least one of the interviews leads to something promising.

Trinity

nvts

Lots o' prayers headed their way! That's the exact scenario that we had - without that great severance - I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

Beth