Good thoughts, prayers, rattling beads, etc.

Californiablonde

So I found an apartment I really like. It is very close to where I work. For a one bedroom it's pretty darn big. Big enough for the queen size bed difficult child and I share and for the single bed easy child will sleep on when he comes over on weekends to visit. It has a seperate dining area which I love, and I don't have now. Best part is the pool is literally right outside my bedroom patio door. All I have to do is open my bedroom sliding door and the pool is just a few feet away. We spend a lot of time at the pool in the spring and summer and it's an added bonus. The price is right, and unlike the place I have now, all utilities are included. Big plus since now I don't have to worry about paying for electric and that **** water bill I was always behind on. Oh, and they don't charge extra each month for the cat. The place I'm at now charged me a $400 cat deposit plus and extra $25 a month just to keep the cat. This place doesn't charge a pet fee. So I really like this place and I'm hoping I get it even though my credit isn't the best. Wish me luck!

Californiablonde

Thank you all. I turn in my application tomorrow after work. I'm assuming I won't be hearing anything until at least MOnday. I don't know how long it will take for them to check my credit. My credit is bad so hopefully I'll still qualify. I may have to pay a higher deposit but I can handle that. God willing I will get this place.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
Good luck! I have a one bedroom myself, so to make Storm a bedroom in the large living room, I hung large screw-in hooks from the ceiling, and used dowel rods with curtains on them to make her a small bedroom and give her some privacy.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Keeping fingers crossed, saying a prayer.

I've never had bad credit keep me from getting into an apartment. But then right now.......landlords seem to be overflowing with tenants, so dunno. All they ever cared about is if I paid my rent on time, and I did without fail.

Californiablonde

I always pay my rent on time too so that's a plus. I still have a couple of loans I never paid off so that's a ding against me. The manager said if my credit isn't that good then I can always pay a higher deposit. I can pay a few hundred extra if I need to but no more than that. Hopefully they don't ask for too much extra.

buddy

Here that's what they do too. Half to a month extra deposit. On top of the deposit of course but that gets you in!

Californiablonde

If they charge me a whole months rent I wouldn't be able to afford it. That's $1200. Right now the deposit is $300. I can pay double that if necessary but no more. I really hope I get it!

busywend

Have you spoken to ex about child support going forward? My ex made ME pay HIM when he took difficult child on. Not only did I lose the income I was used to getting from him, but I lost double because I had got pay him child support. Make sure you have this in writing. I can see him saying he does not owe you any child support since you both have one child.