Good thoughts, prayers, rattling beads, etc.

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Californiablonde, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Californiablonde

Californiablonde Well-Known Member

So I found an apartment I really like. It is very close to where I work. For a one bedroom it's pretty darn big. Big enough for the queen size bed difficult child and I share and for the single bed easy child will sleep on when he comes over on weekends to visit. It has a seperate dining area which I love, and I don't have now. Best part is the pool is literally right outside my bedroom patio door. All I have to do is open my bedroom sliding door and the pool is just a few feet away. We spend a lot of time at the pool in the spring and summer and it's an added bonus. The price is right, and unlike the place I have now, all utilities are included. Big plus since now I don't have to worry about paying for electric and that **** water bill I was always behind on. Oh, and they don't charge extra each month for the cat. The place I'm at now charged me a $400 cat deposit plus and extra $25 a month just to keep the cat. This place doesn't charge a pet fee. So I really like this place and I'm hoping I get it even though my credit isn't the best. Wish me luck!
  2. buddy

buddy New Member

Hoping it comes through! Would be a big stress reliever!
  3. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

Fingers crossed! DDD
  4. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Good luck!
  5. recoveringenabler

recoveringenabler Well-Known Member Staff Member

Keeping you in my thoughts, hoping you get word soon........
  6. Rabbit

Rabbit Member

Good Luck and I am crossing mt fingers
  7. JKF

JKF Well-Known Member

Good luck!!! Hope it works out for you!! Fingers crossed!
  8. Californiablonde

Thank you all. I turn in my application tomorrow after work. I'm assuming I won't be hearing anything until at least MOnday. I don't know how long it will take for them to check my credit. My credit is bad so hopefully I'll still qualify. I may have to pay a higher deposit but I can handle that. God willing I will get this place.
  9. HaoZi

HaoZi CD Hall of Fame

Good luck! I have a one bedroom myself, so to make Storm a bedroom in the large living room, I hung large screw-in hooks from the ceiling, and used dowel rods with curtains on them to make her a small bedroom and give her some privacy.
  10. Hopeless

Hopeless ....Hopeful Now

Good thoughts for your new place. It sounds perfect!
  11. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

It will be tough without child support, though, right?
  12. Californiablonde

He's still paying me several hundred dollars but yes things will be kinda tight. Nothing new there.
  13. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Keeping fingers crossed, saying a prayer.

I've never had bad credit keep me from getting into an apartment. But then right now.......landlords seem to be overflowing with tenants, so dunno. All they ever cared about is if I paid my rent on time, and I did without fail.
  14. Californiablonde

I always pay my rent on time too so that's a plus. I still have a couple of loans I never paid off so that's a ding against me. The manager said if my credit isn't that good then I can always pay a higher deposit. I can pay a few hundred extra if I need to but no more than that. Hopefully they don't ask for too much extra.
  15. buddy

buddy New Member

Here that's what they do too. Half to a month extra deposit. On top of the deposit of course but that gets you in!
  16. Californiablonde

If they charge me a whole months rent I wouldn't be able to afford it. That's $1200. Right now the deposit is $300. I can pay double that if necessary but no more. I really hope I get it!
  17. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Have you spoken to ex about child support going forward? My ex made ME pay HIM when he took difficult child on. Not only did I lose the income I was used to getting from him, but I lost double because I had got pay him child support. Make sure you have this in writing. I can see him saying he does not owe you any child support since you both have one child.
  18. Californiablonde

We are both going down to child support office and sign it together. It will continue to come out of his paycheck.