Good Thursday morning all,

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
It's a chilly morning here with snow flurries. Ugh ~ I thought spring was here.

I'm off to see my therapist this morning; put an emergency call into kt's in home therapist to see if she can stop by for kt today. kt is slowly melting into this huge puddle.

Other than that nothing going on here ~ that's good. I plan on (after the usual morning chores & such) painting the afternoon away.

Have a good one.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Linda-I hope the therapist is able to meet with kt-I'm sorry she is struggling so. I also hope you are able to enjoy your afternoon of painiing:painter:

I'm barely awake here-just was wide awake last night so ended up staying up too late. Long day ahead. difficult child has in-home therapy and then we're hoping to go out to dinner with my niece, her fiance, sister in law and brother in law. It's my nieces birthday and we're going to Abuelos-great food! Now we just have to hope easy child is in a place where she can watch difficult child (it truly depends on the mood of the kids-mostly easy child). I told husband if worse came to worse he should at least go because it is his side of the family.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Good Morning Everyone:bloodshot::coffee2:,

Linda, Sorry about kt slowly melting... I hope kt's in home therapist can stop by and be of some help - I've got all my body parts crossed!!! As for the weather, I'm sending WARM, SUNNY thoughts your way... (It's cold here too but not as bad as what you're experiencing - BUT - WE HAVE TO THINK POSITIVELY - After all, Spring has supposedly sprung... :picnic:

Sharon (WO), I've got all my body parts crossed for you too - I hope you and husband will be able to have an enjoyable, kid free evening celebrating your niece's b-day...:D

Today is another BUSY one around here... A little "down time" would be nice... I'm hoping to get some much needed time for myself this weekend... :wine::bath:

As usual, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... WFEN

artana

Good morning all!

Timer Lady - I'll cross my fingers that everything with kt goes well.
Sharon - It would be sad if you couldn't go. I hope easy child manages to handle the party. It sounds like you need some fun.

My easy child has been having troubles at school with hitting other children. I was going down the slippery slope of getting depressed, until I remembered that I did this to myself in the winter and it ended up he had a reason he was hitting back (some girls on his bus where hitting and teasing the younger boys). So, I sent this huuuuge e-mail to relevant people at the school saying that I was worried about my son, because all we see is his reaction to the situations, but that it is a reaction to something and I'm worried it's been escalating.

We'll see what they say. Other than that, I'm going to get a good cup of coffee and try not to think about what today might bring.

artana,

Coffee is a good thing!!! I'm sorry your easy child is having problems at school. I hope you get a quick response to your e-mail and the problem is resolved ASAP!!! It's difficult enough dealing with difficult child issues, but when easy child issues arise, it is sometimes harder for me because I don't expect these things with my easy child.

Anyway, go for that coffee!!! And, I hope your day improves... WFEN

Andy

GOOD CHILLY MORNING
:D:D:D
Timer - I hope in-home can come out. Glad you are taking time to paint.

Wiped Out - Make easy child her most favorite supper and rent a great movie for her to watch. Bribery is sometimes the name of the game.

Wishing - I hope you get all your week's chores done so you can find that "down time" this weekend.

Artana - Good for you! Usually when a kid hits it is because he has been harrassed to that point. Schools don't like to deal with the "bullies" because it is so hard to get evidence of it. I hope the school figures it out.

It was a good thing the psychiatrist appointment was cancelled - I don't think I would be able to get there this morning with the icy roads. Schools are closed within Fargo and Moorhead. I am hoping that roads will be open by tomorrow afternoon when we head up for therapist though it is not looking good. Atleast I changed difficult child's eye appointment to earlier in the morning to give us more travel time. It may be a challenge to find our way across the flooded river. The bridge that sounds the safest comes out to a low part of ground and the building we go to is one block from the river.

difficult child continues to fear something is horribly wrong with his head. His brain gets weird and now his feet/legs are joining the action in conjuction to his head. He woke up trembling because of a dream of this happening.

difficult child did get to bed at a very reasonable hour last night. Might not have been too much earlier than normal but not any later.

Light dusting of snow again last night. Roads yesterday morning were super icy but by afternoon the main roads were melting giving me hope the freeway will be clear tomorrow for our 1 hour drive to therapist. If we can't go, I wonder if he can talk to difficult child over the phone for a longer time then just the few minutes two weeks ago?

Everyone have a great day. Find a way to make your kids laugh.

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Linda, the snow won't last long. Spring is just aorund the corner.

Sharon/WM, enjoy your niece's birthday dinner. Sounds like fun!

WFEN, the weekend is close, downtime is coming soon...

artana, here's hoping your email bears fruit.

Andy, here's hoping the therapist can help difficult child. Anxiety alone could account for a lot, if not all, those symptoms. But the kids have a hard time accepting that such apparently severe symptoms could be ascribed to anxiety. I still have a hard time convincing difficult child 3 of this.

Everyone, coffee always helps the morning get going.

It's been really busy here for a few days. Yesterday was a big day at difficult child 3's school, then we couldn't really go home afterwards because we had to collect easy child 2/difficult child 2 & BF2 to head across Sydney to see the marrriage celebrant. She's my oldest friend but haven't actually met face to face for a couple of years, so I wasn't going to miss out. Besides, I know the way to her place (of course - she's lived there on and off since we were kids).

It was late, it had been a long day, and on the way home difficult child 3 lost it with us, arguing over nitpicky little detail until it got to the swearing at me and threatening stage. So this morning I contuned the discussion just long enough to make it clear - we were NOT over-riding him in the argument, we were simply saying, "We have talked around in circles, it is time to stop talking about this." I was very depressed and upset after the argument and made that clear to him this morning; if he wants me to do things for him, then he needs to keep me sweet. I think the point finally got through. But will he remember?

Probably not. But even just a little, then a little more each time, would be progress.

Tomorrow I have to head back into the school for a meeting, but it should be mercifully short. I can leave difficult child 3 at home, hopefully getting some work done. Next week we have two study days in at the school so it is going to be another busy week. I've got to remember to take some coffee with me...

The weather has been summer-hot here this last week, but a cool change has just blown through. There was a heavy storm last night as we drove across Sydney - I haven't seen lightning like that for a long time, half the sky would light up with intricate tendrils like the branches of a baobab tree. When it finally rained, most of it evaporated before it landed. What raindrops there were, were warm. It was lovely to feel it, there just wasnt enough of it.

Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler, a pleasant change for a day before it gets hot again for the weekend. I have a lot to do on Saturday, plus some preparation beforehand.

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone. I'm heading for bed, to get as much sleep as I can before the bunrush starts.

Marg