Good Thursday morning all....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

It's been a while since I've been here on the GM thread yet alone to start one. Sleep patterns a bit skewed.

A day of house cleaning & working in the yard ahead ~ my dad & sisters are coming in for a visit Friday (OMG, that's tomorrow, isn't it?). Whatever. I'll order in the groceries.

Have a good day friends; keep it calm out there.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hi Linda, nice to see you again.
Having your family visit is a good thing. At least you know that they really don't care if your house looks perfect. Enjoy your visit.

I'm at my mom's house. Her nephew is coming on saturday with his family for a visit. Needless to say, chaos has ensued. :nonono:So I'm going to help her get ready. She will be so happy to see them.

difficult child is taking care of the dogs. He is getting more and more responsible.

Hope you all stay cool today.

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Linda, it's good to see you on the morning thread. Enjoy the family visit. Don't overdo things.

Fran, it's good to see the steady improvement in your difficult child.

I had a fairly busy day today. House cleaning early, including some cooking and washing. I have help once a week but because I work alongside, I still get tired.
Then I had about an hour to rest before I had to leave to meet easy child 2/difficult child 2 at the college counsellor's. In that hour difficult child 3 & I talked to a teacher about an assignment he's having trouble with; it seems the worksheets are missing some vital information.

At the counsellor's, easy child 2/difficult child 2 was a lot calmer. We've got some strategies in place, some professional counselling being lined up for Monday, this will be ongoing. We still need to sort out some problems at college, but we've made progress now.

Tomorrow I'm taking mother in law to the optometrist. I have an appointment also, to get my prescription checked out. The eye doctor has cleared me for it. Although my vision is a bit blurry, and now I'm aware that a lot of it is the new floaters. I don't think a change in prescription is going to help much.
difficult child 3 has some new glasses on order also, but they haven't called yet to say they're in. So we'll have repeat trips in that direction anyway. The optometrist is more than halfway to the correspondence school, so we might link in a school trip on the day we collect difficult child 3's specs.

I still haven't been phoned by difficult child 3's English teacher (the one who accused me of writing difficult child 3's assignment; the principal said to me, a week ago, "she will ring to apologise in the next couple of days.") I know she won't be there now until next week. So if the mountain won't go to Mahommed... I've requested a face to face meeting for Tuesday. We will see what happens.

Time to go - difficult child 3 is screaming at husband, I think for the 'crime' of husband trying to ask him something while difficult child 3 is gaming online. No excuse. Gotta go.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Enjoy your visit with your family:)

Fran-I hope all goes well with your visit to your mom's and with your extended family arriving!

Marg-Sounds like you are very busy as always. I hope your eye problem gets fixed soon!

In a hurry as I have to get difficult child to camp. easy child/difficult child's last day of summer school is today and she also has her last behind the wheel instruction before taking her driver's test next week.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day!

SRL

Good morning to you Linda, Fran, Marg, and Sharon, and anyone else who sneaks in here before I post this!

Seems like you're all somewhere between busy and panic and that sums it up for me too. I'm taking a break from sewing ribbons on pointe shoes and will soon wake up kids for band camp and ballet pictures. It's six days away from the county fair here so it's a whirlwind of finishing up projects. Jams/jellies/butters, nature study, sewing, and clothing are wrapped up but photography, papercraft, model rocketry, and candymaking are still in the works. My daughter may redo her cherry jelly if she has time. It was perfect when she made it a few weeks ago but is a little soft now. Bummer, that means more cherry jelly for us...

After living with temps in the 90's with high humidity all week a cool front came through and it feels wonderful. I have the windows open for the first time in weeks.

Have a great day everyone. Stay safe and stay cool.