Good Thursday Morning Everyone!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning All :good_morning:

A typical Thursday for me, but not so for a summer Thursday. I usually go in later during the summer since I'm not required to get up early and get difficult child to school! However, I've some things to do this afternoon and early evening so I want to get to the office by 7:45 or so this morning.

My easy child was gifted a new (used) car last week by someone special in our lives and I've placed her old car on Craigs List - late last night - I've scheduled 6 appointments so far for early to late evening! Also, my cousin is working on a period movie - Queen Ann period to right before the Federal period - and is coming by to take some photographs of a few pieces of furniture I have to send to the art director of the film to see if they are interested in renting a few of them. My cousin is a set decorator and is doing all the research on large props before filming begins. This is a TV movie, not a feature, so their budget is not huge but the normal prop rental is 15% of the value per 7 days of use. So if they are interested in any of my pieces, I could make a little cash!

Hope your Thursday is a good one!

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon (LDM), Best of luck to your easy child on her "new" car:D. Hope you find another owner for her old one today. How cool about the possibility of some of your furniture being used in a movie! Got my fingers crossed at least one of your pieces becomes a "star."

Today was supposed to be a nice day. However, it isn't starting out that way - It's cool and looks like it might rain at any minute. I was hoping to get a walk in this morning - Not so sure it's going to happen.

I'm spending the day at home because my car is in the repair shop. I've got my fingers crossed whatever is wrong is minor, not a huge expense... I've got plenty of chores/work to keep me busy here today. Now, if I could just get motivated, lol...

As always, hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today:D... SFR

Marguerite

G'day for Thursday.

Sharon/LDM, the furniture rental sounds interesting. I hope they are able to use your pieces.

SFR, is it still warm enough to take a walk in the rain? It could be a good way to get yourself motivated.

We've had a quiet day at home, difficult child 3 still working on his assignment. I'll have to try and get an extension again for him - tomorrow is his last day, I think. He's worked on it almost exclusively for the last few weeks, when he should be doing schoolwork for other subjects too.

Tomorrow I have to go out to get my eyes looked at. I really wish I could stay home to keep pushing difficult child 3. I also have to ring the school, trying to fit everything in is tricky.

We have a full weekend coming up. I've had to cancel out of a meeting because we're invited to a birthday party (lunch) on Saturday, but before that I've got an appointment to collect my partial prosthesis. husband will be able to come too, he said he wanted to.

Have a good day, everyone.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

Sharon-How cool about easy child being gifted a car! If your furniture gets selected you'll have to let us know when the movie comes out-I'll sit and watch and pop some popcorn in honor of your furniture:)

SFR-I hope you get in your walk before the rain starts! Also crossing my fingers your car needs only very minor repairs!

Marg-I'm glad you were able to have a quiet day at home. I hope all goes well with your eye appointment.

It's a beautiful 49 degrees right now and we are headed for a high of 75 degrees-how awesome is that for August temps?

Long day ahead. I have conferences lined up from 12:30-8:00 tonight. I get comp time for this and love meeting all the kiddos before school starts!

I had planned on getting up and going to the health club but am feeling not too motivated right now as I had a difficult night sleeping. husband will be taking difficult child to a dental appointment and then later will take easy child/difficult child to register for school.

difficult child is up and in full difficult child mode so I hope everyone enjoys a more peaceful day than mine is starting out:peaceful: