Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
]:good_morning:

The end of the work week is almost here! It's really cooling off here but still nice. By the weekend though it's suppose to be in the 50s and not to nice-rain and wind!

difficult child has a therapist appointment after work today but husband will take him as I have a meeting about a student after school and will then pick up easy child. I hope to get to the club tonight. I didn't yesterday but jogged a mile with my students for a special thing our school was doing and then I went for a power walk at lunch!

Wishing everyone a day filled with smiles and laughter!:flower:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, sorry to hear about the cool down. Hope you get out to the club today.

It's been a busy week so far - looking forward to the weekend. We have nothing of import planned ~ just won't have any appts to keep track of or people's emails about children, banking, etc.

I see my neurologist later this afternoon; he consulted with Mayo doctor. It's kind of an ASAP appointment as he opened up the end of his day for a longer more extensive check up & further phone consult with Mayo doctor before a recommended treatment begins.

Sounds like fun! Right during rush hour traffic . I expect to be stuck in traffic for at least an hour, probably more if it rains, before all is said & done.

Have a good day, friends.

LittleDudesMom

:its_all_good:Good Thusday Morning Sharon, Linda and all to Follow!

We have made it to Thursday, one more day to go.......

Sharon, hope you get that workout in today! We are pretty warm here. We were in the high 80's yesterday and it's 68 already. But, we are getting a little rain today which is nice :rain-very:.

Linda, hope the doctor appointment results in a really good plan for moving foward to good health :angel3:. Make sure you have a good book on tape for the drive.

Things good here. Office work today and the grocer. Typical Thursday! There are a couple of sore spots on my body today. I was given a new circuit program at the gym yesterday to "step it up" and my a few muscles decided to protest :hellyes:! Hopefully after a shower and a little more movement they will be happy!

Wishing you a great Thursday :redface:,

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon, I hope you get to the health club this evening!!!

Linda, I hope the traffic isn't too bad!!! I like Sharon's idea about taking a book on tape for the ride.

Sharon, I hope the shower helps your sore muscles!!! I'm sure you already do this, but just a reminder anyway, PLEASE take the time to stretch prior to working out. I used to either rush this most important step or skip it altogether when time was short. I'll NEVER do this again!!!

This morning I have physical therapy and ultrasound therapy, then a bit of work prior to picking up difficult children at school. Lots of stuff happening around here... I hope to be able to get the time to write about some of it soon.

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today...:flower::coffee::flower: WFEN

trinityroyal

Good morning everyone.

Sharon (WO), hope you get to the health club this evening, although the power walking at lunch also sounds great.

Linda, drive safely. I like the idea of a book on tape.

Sharon (LDM), muscle soreness shows you that you're getting results from that new workout. Take it easy, and if you can manage some gentle stretches as well as the hot shower, that might help ease the aches a bit.

WFEN, I hope your recovery from your injury continues to progress smoothly.

:bloodshot:I just dragged myself out of bed after only a few brief hours of :sleeping: husband is still out of work, and I have taken on what amounts to a second job at work to make up the difference. Normally it's manageable, if a bit of a stretch, but right now it's the busy time for BOTH jobs!
I am working at home today. 2 hours less commuting time means an extra hour of sleep and an extra hour of work.
But first, I need to get a cup of tea. Or 7...or 8.:coffee2: Then it's time to get working :smashcomputer:

Have a great day everyone.

:coffee:
Trinity

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sharon, thanks for the idea - I never think to bring along books on tape while I'm driving.

I have the perfect book on tape - it's called Freddie & Fredericka by Mark Helprin. It's a satire on the British royalty & it's a hoot. I have it downloaded to my PDA & listen to it while I'm doing work at my desk or while I'm painting.

I'll have to put my headphones in my purse now while I remember so I can listen in the car.

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Just a quick note today, it's late and it's been a big day.

difficult child 3's school excursion was really good. The Sydney Harbour cruise was part of a "schools afloat" course provided to schools interested. It dealt with the history of various parts of the Harbour and foreshores, as well as how Sydney itself developed from settlement and onwards. The day was cool but clear and sunny. Or maybe it was just cool on the water. The whole cruise lasted for three hours, plus another hour for lunch in a Harbourside park by a beach at husband's & my favourite seafood restaurant - Doyles at Watson's Bay. I couldn't resist buying a small seafood & salad plate, but had to bring some of it home, there was too much. We sat under a huge Port Jackson fig and looked over the beach while we ate seafood. The schoolwork for difficult child 3 was easy, the teacher told them the answers for the worksheets but explained it all further. A lot of it I already knew. difficult child 3 has been to some of the places we visited and I was able to remind him of them, including seeing the changes since we'd been there. The huge wharf where we boarded the cruise ship for Tasmania, for example - the Tasmania from Sydney cruise has permanently stopped, the site is under development and will be apartments etc in a few years. We saw the Harbour island where my nephew was married. Frankly, I'd recommend this cruise to tourists, over the usual ones. A lot cheaper, too.

Linda, you can listen to more than books in the car - a few years ago husband ordered MP3 files of all the episodes of "The Shadow" and "The Stan Freberg Show". We've loaded them onto the iPod and play them over the radio in the car on long trips.

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg