Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:
Memorial weekend is almost here and along with it the unofficial start to summer!!! :beach_ball: Of course, for me summer arrives on the last day of school which is June 13th this year.

Just another day at work for me. After work today we have an appointment where with the guy from the program difficult child is starting. So far it's been all paper work but tonight I think we start some more planning of actual respite!

Maybe husband and I will be able to fit in a visit to the health club too!

It's supposed to be a beautiful, sunny day. The temps will reach about 66 degrees. I like it a little warmer but I'll take it!

Wishing everyone a day filled with sunshine and smiles!:flowers:

Marguerite

G'day.

Sharon, I hope the appointment goes well and the program for difficult child is a good one. And shouldn't your weather be warmer by now? You want summer to really kick in for you, it should be getting warmed up by now, at least.

difficult child 3 was feverish this morning with a sore throat. So I dosed him with paracetamol and got him working on schoolwork anyway. He wanted his budgie with him, but the vet said last night that Lucky should be resting. I finally convinced difficult child 3 that Lucky needs to be quarantined from him because of his cold.

It's getting quite cold here. They forecast rain (just when I had three loads of washing to do!) but going on past record I went ahead and did my washing anyway, and not a drop of rain nor cloud in the sky. When I went for my walk this evening the stars were clearly visible - Orion off to the west, the Southern Cross almost overhead. And a really cold breeze direct from the South Pole! I haven't needed my down jacket yet, but it won't be long, maybe by this weekend.

easy child is coming to visit this weekend, with BF1. We're looking forward to it, I've been planning meals. It will be her birthday on Monday, I still need to get her something for her birthday (oops!). Then she will be visiting again for my birthday, in a few weeks' time (when school finishes, Sharon!). So we should get to enjoy some time together with her.

Here's hoping.

Cold weather, a hot curry on the stove to feed people as they get home from work, classes or whatever - it's definitely winter here.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, we're getting the same temps as you ~ I've been hesitant to even buy flowers yet. I hope respite comes quickly. Keep the faith.

Marg, sorry to hear that difficult child is unwell. by the way, the curry for dinner sounds wonderful. We always have to wait until respite to have a dish like that.

I'm interviewing an Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker today; she's supposed to help kt with some life skills needed for school this fall. I have that appointment timed so I can speak with her for a good hour before kt hits the door. Then she & kt can talk together.

It promises to be a lovely but cool day again today. I'll take it! Like Sharon, I'd like to see a bit warmer temps but at least this way I don't need to use a/c ~ just open the windows a bit.

Have a good day, friends.

Marguerite

Linda, we don't get respite. But it's no problem - I had some leftover grilled lamb chops and grilled sausages, I just microwaved one for difficult child 3 to have for dinner. It will be the same when easy child 2/difficult child 2 gets home. difficult child 3 could have eaten this, but not with a sore throat. It's not hot/spicy, I added absolutely no chilli to it, but the mustard seeds and curry leaves in it make it almost too hot for easy child 2/difficult child 2, although everyone else loves it.

I cook large meals so people who don't like the main option can generally get leftovers of something more to their liking. I've also been slowly sneaking chilli into easy child 2/difficult child 2's food to get her acclimatised. I'm up to two chillis per stir-fry now, and she's still happily eating it!

Of course, BF2 loves spicy food. I really wonder how they will cope when they get married.

I hope the life skills appointment works out well. We're still teaching difficult child 1 about life skills - he's hoping to get his car checked out on Monday, but didn't know he had to book it in to the mechanic. He knows now!

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:its_all_good:We're almost there.....like Sharon, we are counting down the days till the holiday weekend! The grill will get a workout :bbq:!

Sharon, I can almost feel summer it's so close! Hope the meeting is positive and you hear some good plans. Hope you and husband get that workout in!

Marg, sounds like a lovely weekend with family together. Curry is one of my favs. My absolute fav though is when our friends, the youth director at our church and his wife, come over to our house for dinner and a movie and they cook authentic Indian food! Yum! When he visits Indian, he always brings spices with him to stock up on things you cannot find in this country.

It's Thursday so it's work on pay checks day for me. I think I will not have a long day today so I will run to Costco for some stuff to send with easy child down to the river this weekend. Her best buds parents are hosting 9 kids at their river house this weekend and I'm going to send a couple loaves of bread, lunchmeat and cheese.

Wishing everyone a great Thursday - one more day.........

Sharon :thumbsup:

LittleDudesMom

Morning Linda! Hope you find the Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker a good fit - a wonderful program if it works right.

I would so love to open the windows here, but with difficult child's allergies it's not possible.

Have a good day Linda.

Sharon

Marguerite

Marg's Man here stealing her log in...
Sharon you said
Memorial weekend is almost here
What you memorialing (remembering)?

You also said
When he visits India, he always brings spices with him to stock up on things you cannot find in this country.
We're very lucky here; we can get any of the Indian spices we need. We might have to search the more obscure parts of Sydney to find them but our large ex-patriot Indian population - mostly Fijian refugees since the coups in the 1990's - means they can be obtained with only a little effort.

Marg's Man

Wiped Out

Staff member
Memorial Day is when we remember all who have died fighting in wars for our country. I'm also certainly thankful for and will be thinking of all the soldiers currently defending our country.