Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:

Happy Thursday! I wish I was still sleeping because I feel like this :bloodshot: The good thing is that difficult child has camp today so I will get plenty of time to nap.:sleeping:

After we drop off difficult child, we'll head to the club and then home to take a nap. This afternoon we have an appointment. about difficult child but it's at our house so that is good.

Late this afternoon I go to pick up easy child. She'll be home til Sunday and then gone for one more week.

Wishing everyone a day filled with laughter and smiles.:flower:

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Sharon (WO), I hope the club and a nice, LONG nap have you feeling more like:happyguy: rather than like:bloodshot:!!!

I'm in a RUSH as my insurance company approved two more physical therapy appointments - I'm definitely cut off after these:mad: - However, I'm glad I'll be able to get two final doses of Dexamethosone. Then, hopefully, it's off to the beach with easy child!!!:beach::beach_ball:!!!:its_all_good: Got to go!!!

As usual, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today...:D WFEN

tiredmommy

Good morning! :coffee:

Sharon- A undisturbed nap sounds wonderful... enjoy!

WFEN- I wish I could go to the beach...

We have husband's extended family coming in his afternoon, but first:

-Sort the laundry
-Vacuum the sectional and living room
-Dust the living room
-Scoop the kitty litter
-Tidy the kitchen
-Empty the trash
-Head over to the park for Girl Scout badge work late this morning

I'd like to head back to the park for a concert and costume contest sponsored by the library. I have Duckie ready to be "Miss Victory" from the American Girl "Molly" books. She just might win!:proudamerican:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/Wiped, I hope you can get some rest in today. It's good that the appointment this afternoon is at your hoe. Makes it much more convenient.

WFEN, I hope the PT that's been allowed will be enough to tide you over. Enjoy the beach.

TM, your Thursday sounds like it's going to be like mine was. I hope you can enjoy a few minutes' relax time when the workload's done.

I'm still getting used to the peace and quiet without easy child 2/difficult child 2, as well as the much eased workload. I hadn't realised how much extra effort I was putting in, to feed the extra two mouths. Added to this, I'm happy to have the space back in the spare room. It wasn't intended to house TWO people for such a long time. If easy child 2/difficult child 2 had only cleaned up her own bedroom, I could have used at least some of that space for the things I needed to store. I'm still trying to find stuff, but today when I had my cleaner (who was far more vague than usual - I had to repeat instructions several times and then almost move his hands with mine, to get him to do things right) we both got stuck into cleaning the spare room. The floor is now clean, I can begin to organise the space and slowly get the rest of the house in better order.

Tomorrow is the last day of the school term. difficult child 3 has a fair bit of work to do, he is going to have to do some over the holidays, I hope I haven't got too big a fight on my hands with him. Tomorrow is also forecast to be the coldest so far this winter. NOT looking forward to it! But at least I have got the washing in, chores done, a lot of cooking for the week also done.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon, sounds like a pleasant, relaxed (for you) day ahead. Enjoy!

WFEN, it's been a couple of years since I've been to the beach - have fun!

TM, busy morning for you- hope you find some time for yourself before company arrives.

Marg, an extra room - what I'd do for an extra room! Are you setting up an office for yourself?

kt has been up & waiting for the bus since 6 this morning. Her bus comes at 8:10. Turns out she didn't take her medications last night. She's been good about taking her medications that I didn't feel the need to supervise. She was so busy getting herself a dish of ice cream she forgot. Back to supervision for a bit.

I hoping to get some things accomplished around here today - it's iffy though. I've been sleeping 18 hours a day on average. The hours I'm awake haven't been too productive. I'm sure this is just a phase of treatment.

Hope you have a good day & accomplish all you set out to do.

Marguerite

G'day, Linda.

No, I won't set it up as my own office. But I might put difficult child 3's schoolwork files out there to get them off the dining table! My sewing machine is out there, and I haven't been able to get to it easily because the kids had so much stuff piled up around it. The crud was piling higher and deeper in the house, including sewing projects which I had to suddenly shelve when my access was cut off. I've found over the last few days that I've been able to slowly tidy up stuff and make more room, to help me tidy more, and so on. I'm going to start bagging stuff up to begin either getting rid of it, or putting it aside for the kids for when they're able to take it off my hands.

easy child 2/difficult child 2, when she begins to clear her bedroom, has a lot of clothes she would no longer wear. difficult child 3 has a close friend aged 9 who would welcome easy child 2/difficult child 2's cast-offs, I know. And once that is all clear - difficult child 3's stuff can go in there, I can move one of the single beds out to the spare room, and then put a small desk in easy child 2/difficult child 2's room under the free-standing high bunk bed, so he will have a room of his own and a place to study, all at the same time. Hopefully it will be sorted by the time he is in senior high school!

Meanwhile the spare room will be where people stay when they visit.

I'm enjoying dreaming, anyway.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:peaceful:Good Thursday Morning Everyone!!!!

Sharon, sounds like a wonderful day for you! I'm jealous :sick:!

TM, sounds like a busy morning but managable. I did all that yesterday with hopes the kids would keep it clean through tomorrow :angel3:!!

WFEN, glad the insurance company approved at least two more therapies. Have fun at the beach today :cool-very:.

Linda, wow! 18 hours of sleep a day. I had no idea you were sleeping so much. I know I haven't seen you around as much. That only leaves like 6 hours of wake time. Are the docs telling you this is a phase of the recovery or are you guessing? Sending thoughts for energy and health :love-very:.

Marg, I would be getting easy child 2 over this weekend to clean out her stuff! The longer is goes on, the longer your home is her storage shed! Sounds like a great idea to have difficult child 3 his own work space and you getting your sewing machine back up and going :D!!!

I loved my new aqua class yesterday so much, I'll be going back this afternoon. There's another class at either 3 or 3:30 so I figure I'll go in to work a little later and just go to the club straight from work.

So I came home from the gym yesterday, kept my bathing suit on, and spent about 4 hours outside in the backyard. easy child came out in her suit and we weeded the beds around the patio and tied up some of the really tall perinals with old pantyhose since they were bending downing down in the direction of the afternoon sun.

We cleaned up the furniture, put the cushions on for the first time this year, and put the 4th tableclothes and decorations out (no rain till Sunday here). Then we empied, cleaned and refilled the hot tub! I did get a little too much sun on my back - forgot the sunscreen there!

After that, easy child went on a babysitting gig and took difficult child along since it was a pool sit and one of the kids was a boy difficult children age. I continued in the house and got everything cleaned and layed out for Friday. I was so hot and tired after that, that I went outside, cranked up the radio and hopped in the hot tub. It was heavenly - I don't use the thermoheater in the summer and the water was a refreshing 86 degrees!

Wishing everyone a great Thursday :proud:

Sharon