Good Thursday morning!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I happened to still be up at 2:20am (why, I don't know) and thought I'd start this just for kicks and giggles.

Not sure what's going on today. My step-mom's folks are in town so difficult child and I may go up there. I still have Canada souveniers to pass out and this would be a good time to do it. Not sure though. I guess I'll have to see how Taz is doing and take it from there. (If you're not familiar with the ongoing saga of my fuzzbutt, there is a thread on WC)

Morning to everyone! At this hour, I'm sure I'll still be in bed when more posts roll in.

TerryJ2

Mstang, I'm sending fairy dust and love to you and Taz.

Not sure how giggly I am at this hr but I'll stop in to say "hi." I'm wide awake for whatever reason, checking emails and icing my neck and back. (Had a migraine last wk, then threw out my back. I'm much better but still icing.)
I'm going to give a mural est. to a client who owns a party store. She is restricted by city ordinance to the size of her sign, so wants to do a mural on the side of the bldg. Her logo is a penguin. I worked up two cute roughs for her. I would love to do this project. Even the kids could help me--I mean, how badly can you mess up a penguin? Heh heh. Don't answer that!

Then I'm back to husband's ofc for an adjustment and massage. I've been going all wk for adjustments and electrical therapy because I threw out my back while bending over the kitchen table painting tiles for a client. Very intricate, very precise measurements. Sigh. I've moved most everything to the garage, where the table is higher.

I'm going to find some cute, funny cards to send difficult child, because when he called last night, he commented on one we had sent that had a giraffe on it so now I know what he likes.

Have a great day everyone! I won't get back to the bb for another 6 hrs because I plan to go back to bed. :)

L

luvmyottb

It is 3:50am and I am getting ready to wake difficult child for her sleep deprived EEG appointment. She went to bed at 12:30 and must get up very soon. I have a large cup of coffee and am wondering how to keep her up;) .I was pouring my first cup of the day and as I am trying to keep quiet for husband and the dogs BANG I drop my fresh hot cup of joe all over the tile floor.:surprise: Please dogs, no barking.

Terry J2 hope you get back to sleep. Mustang 67 you must be a night owl, get some rest!;)

Hope everyone has a peaceful day with your kiddos. Me, I am hoping to catch a few winks this afternoon. difficult child has an all nighter at the YMCA lockdown with a small group of girls and easy child is out of town with his best bud in Colorado. So it is just me and husband tonight. I can't even think of when the last time it was just the 2 of us.

Happy day to all.:D

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

mstang, I hope you can have a relaxing day with the in-laws, if it works out.

Terry, the penguin logo sounds cute!

luvmyottb, who is supposed to be sleep-deprived? difficult child? Or you? I hope you get your nap.

This will probably be my last good morning post for a week. We're heading north to visit my sister. I have yet to pack - I have to round up all difficult child 3's schoolwork, because although we're going away, it's not going to be much of a holiday. More a change in location for a bit.

I just bought some more seedlings today for my vegetable garden, which was a bit silly since they really have to be planted before we leave. I was out playing with mud pies in the dark this evening, I've only got about 8 plants left to put in. Brussels sprouts, bok choi, tomato plants, strawberry plants. And a bag of blood and bloomin' bone (sorry, you probably need to be an Aussie who watches "Gardening Australia" to get tat one - my favourite 'garden gnome' TV presenter leaves the show tomorrow).

It's been raining today, we've actually had a few mm register in the rain gauge, which is good. No frosts here, so the plants should be OK.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

mustang, sorry to hear about Taz ~ enjoy your visit with relatives; cherish the time you have left with Tax.

Terry, the mural sounds like a gas. Heck, I'd come out & help you if I could. Penguins reminds me of the linux logo. :)

luvmyottb, enjoy the respite time with husband! I'm thinking a romantic dinner & snuggling may be in order, don't you?
;)

Marg, I'll miss you while you're away but enjoy your visit with your sis. I love going to visit my sisters - truly they are my best friends. Best get packing, dear. :eek:

"hi" if you snuck in!

kt is doing fairly well being off school & day treatment. She & PCA have planned out their next week (we're trying to get kt into the habit of using a calendar). She chooses one of 2 possible chores daily; she's decided on doing a couple of loads of laundry today. I can work with that.

I have a Occupational Therapist (OT) & speech pathologist coming in today to work with me. I'm hoping one of them will take me out to walk a bit, though I expect I'll have to wait for PT :pouting:. Bummer.

I'm marinating chicken breasts in ginger, soy sauce & garlic to be grilled out this evening; I'll be serving this with jasmine rice. I found a recipe for grilling out tomatoes that I'll be trying for the first time. kt & PCA are going to peel corn & making a ceasar salad. I'm hungry already for dinner. kt & PCA are "in charge" of dinner tonight so it should be fun to watch the chaos. :cheerleader::winks:

Have a good Thursday, friends.

Andy

Good early morning to you all! I see some are planning on returning to bed.

Mstang - I hope Taz is well enough that you can take time for a visit.

Terry - I love penguins. My sister in law and brother in law visited the penguins in Antartica a few years ago. It only gets to a high of 30 degrees - imagine vacationing there! They visited three penquin colonies. I hope your back heals each day.

Luvmy - Good luck with EEG. My difficult child had one last fall but fell asleep a few hours before and I could not wake him. He is such a deep sleeper.

Marg - Enjoy your trip - get those last plants in before you go.

Timer - Enjoy the dinner activities. I hope you can get a walk in.

I think I will stay up and go into work early. difficult child just woke me up to say he lost a tooth last night. No warning signs of it being loose and his retainer would have held it in. I don't think he lost one.

We are watching neighbor girl today and since my niece and difficult child are getting on each other's nerves, I have asked easy child to take the neighbor girl with her this morning. I think niece turns from babysitter to difficult child to girlfriend to neighbor. When she is not doing anything with difficult child, he will bug her for attn. She can be very annoying also. Let's hope we can get through this morning and tomorrow morning. When I get off work today, I will pick up neighbor girl and bring her home. It is suppose to get really hot today so we will go to the county museum. I don't know that there is any movie out for us to see.

difficult child's baseball team won their 1st play off game last night. difficult child even made a catch. Everyone did well. My VBS staff will not be too happy to hear his next game is at 5:30pm on Monday night so I will not be there to start VBS. I was hoping for a 7:00 game. Oh well, difficult child needs to come first for a change. He was on the pitching mound for the first three innings while the pitching machine was being used. I wish they didn't win by such a large amount because it was against the neighbor boy. I don't want difficult child to use this against the neighbor boy next time they get into an arguement. The lady who lives between us said, "I hope the game is close. What do you say when each boy is on a different team?" I replied, "You just say, Have Fun!"

My head cold moved into my chest and has me up this morning (after difficult child came to me about his tooth). I will need to take daytime cold medications all day. My chest hurts so much when I cough and it seems like stuff is stuck right where I can't cough it up causing me to gag which really scares difficult child.

Here's to a GREAT Thursday to everyone. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh today.

LittleDudesMom

:good_morning:Good Morning!!! Wow, so many of you are up over night....this is the busiest morning thread in weeks!!!

mstang, I hope you are sleeping peacefully right now :sleepy:.

terry, hope you get the mural job-best wishes for a relaxing adjustment :wince:.

luvmy, hope you were able to keep difficult child up and the rest of the house down. Enjoy your nice, quiet evening with husband :love:.

Marg, have a fabulous time with your sister :laughing:.

Linda, I love grilled tomatoes! I cook them several times a week as soon as the homegrown stock come in!! Hope you get that walk in :jumping:.

Adrianne, I certainly hope you feel better soon - that cold sounds bad :yawn:.

Since it's Thursday, I'll be working at the office today. I'm caught up on my sleep. We went to my sisters tuesday (my little nephew is precious and sweet) and didn't get in until almost 2 am.

We've a little break in the weather today. It will be below 90 for the day!! My aquatic class was cancelled last night. We all got in the water, started warming up, and three minutes later they saw lightening so we had to get out. The roof and the entire back wall are glass so if there is thunder/lightening, they clear the water area. I'm hoping for a good one tonight.

easy child goes in for a call-back interview with the general manager this morning. Think good thoughts....

Wishing everyone a great Thursday :peaceful:

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Mstang-Another who hopes you are off in dreamland by now.:sleeping:

Terry-A penguin mural sounds cool!:painter: I hope your back is back to normal soon-ouch!

Luvmyottb-I hope you have been able to keep difficult child up and that you get your nap today! Enjoy your evening with husband!:D

Marg-Enjoy your visit with your sister! I'm glad you are getting some needed rain.:rain:

Linda-Grilled tomatoes sound delicious. If you like the recipe I would love a copy of it! Better yet maybe I'll just show up for dinner:D

Adrianne-I'm sorry to hear you have such a bad cold:sick: I hope you are feeling better soon. Very cool that difficult child's team won yesterday!

Sharon-I hope the water class is good tonight:swimming: We have yet to hit 90 this summer! Thinking good thoughts for easy child!

This morning we have in home for difficult child. We are going over his new crisis plan with him so wish us luck!

At some point we will get to the club. I would like to take difficult child to the pool since it is suppose to finally get into the 80s for the first time this week but he has a dentist appointment on the other side of town at 3:15.

Wishing everyone a day filled with laughter and smiles.:try2fly: