Good Thursday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

I'm up and heading to camp with Duckie in a bit. Today is our long day with a cookout and show for the parents. Duckie is having a blast!

Have a great day! :salute:

LittleDudesMom

:swimming: Good Morning TM and all to follow!

TM, I hope you are not having the heat and humidity at camp that we have right now - it's like bubbling pea soup! You know, you are a good woman, I would have taken this week off and let Duckie happily go to camp without me! It would have been a mini-vacation....hope your long day goes smoothly and you stay cool :hot:.

As I said, it's hot and muggy and the August weather is settling in. We are supposed to be at 100 several days early next week.

Office this morning and then the grocer. I got a big chunck of cleaning out for the yard sale done yesterday. I want to have every room, every closet and every drawer cleaned out before the end of the summer. My florida room is looking like a junk pile!

Wishing everyone a cool Thursday :peaceful:

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:
TM-It's great that Duckie is having so much fun:) Enjoy the long day at camp-it sounds like fun!

Sharon-Wow-100s are hot! :hot: We rarely get that hot although we do have 90s in the forecast for the weekend right along with the high humidity. You are doing an amazing job getting things ready for this garage sale-I can't wait to hear how well it goes!

I had a great time last night getting together with friends from work-it's especially fun when you haven't seen everyone in awhile.

Today while difficult child is at camp we have some cleaning to do and husband and I are going to see a movie. It's a foreign movie with subtitles and it is suppose to be an excellent suspense movie!

We probably won't get to the club til tonight but we will get there as I won't be able to go again til Sunday or Monday (unless I get up really early tomorrow morning).

Wishing everyone a day filled with laughter and smiles.:kisses:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning my friends. The coffee is good this morning. I think I'll need it.

TM, how terrific that Duckie is enjoying her time at camp. It's such a great outlet.

Wiped out, how fun about a movie in the afternoon. I can't remember the last movie I saw in a theatre. How's easy child doing?

LDM, you are a good woman to have a garage sale in this muggy heat.

easy child was home for 2 days. He is a cutie. I needed a easy child fix. He is doing well and seems to have found some self satisfaction. It's not my choice but it's his life. I'll be in his corner as long as he makes responsible decisions even if it isn't what I prefer him to do.

difficult child is home. sigh. We are going to try to go back to basics so he can master them. Again. Not sure if it will work but we have to give it a try. The rules are clear. If he raises his voice or chooses to not go with the program, he is welcome to pack his "toys" in his car and leave. I'll even fill his gas tank. Black and white. I can see that he wasn't happy but he thought about it for a while and is happily trying. Now for his follow through. It's where he falls down.

My mom isn't feeling too well so I'm heading home to relieve baby brother. I'll be SW Pa for a week or so. difficult child will be responsible for my puppies to earn his keep. :abouttime:

Stay cool in the ferocious heat and think cool thoughts.
Hope it's a day of no meltdowns.

M

ML

TM I'm so glad Duckie is enjoying herself. It sounds like you are too. I can see why you are "tired" mommy :)

Sharon it's hot here too. Not so much humidity but hot is hot! We too have had record breaking stretches of hot. What we used to consider a "heat wave" now just is the norm. Try to stay cool as you can.

WO I'm glad you had fun with your friends and that you are getting some time with husband.

Fran have a safe trip. I hope your mom feels better. Also, dogs have a way of making their humans take care of them most of the time :)

Me, up hours early. Coffee: a two cup morning for sure. My day is the same as usual. Work and night time routine. The tutor ends her tenure with us today so d has the entire next two weeks homework free. That relieves the night time pressure for mom.

I wish you all a day with moments of joy. ML

Andy

GOOD MORNING

Tired Mommy - Happy Camping!

Little Dudes Mom - Get as many chores done as you can before those 100 degrees finds you! Even in a/c those days will be hard to work.

Fran - Here's to the basics! Learning foundations are so important in EVERYTHING in life. I hope difficult child continues making good choices while at home.

ML - Find something to make today special! Do you have the next two weeks planned with fun activities for everyone?

I was up about 4:30 but went back to bed - then up at 7:30 and need to get going. difficult child got dressed and took puppy outside and is now eating breakfast.

There was rain and thunder early morning. I hope difficult child doesn't get scared. He is going to H's (neighbor boy) VBS as a church he is not familiar with.

I think I need to leave work early to get everything done out of town this afternoon. difficult child has a therapist appointment at 2:30. It is one hour away so I have to leave before 1:15 to get there. Then it ends at 3:30 and I need to be back by 5:30. No problem if that is all I do, the challenge comes in that our VBS project for tonight needs an item that I could not find last time and will get today - though I am not sure what I have in mind will work?
The store(s) I need to go to (not sure which one had what I have in mind) is about as far on the other end of the large city as they can get.

Then I hope some extra older teens or adults show up tonight. I asked my easy child to take the music station so I need someone to be her crew leader. I will need to do both opening and closing tonight and possibly tommorrow night also.

Have fun today - Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

Andy

Wiped Out - Sorry my mouse skipped over - I hope you have a GREAT day. Hope the movie is in a/c and that you find time for the club.

Sounds as if everyone is having good mornings so far with- the day planned! Hope all continues to go well, everyone has a great time trying!

difficult child has therapy this morning, quick stop at the grocery store and take something back to the store. Then it's home for the duration of the hot muggy day.