Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Happy Thursday Friends,

Friday is almost here! I'm debating trying to fit in a quick visit to the health club this morning before work because after school will be hard but I'm not as motivated to go early as I used to be. Sometimes I wonder how I used to go almost every morning at 3:30!

We're taking our first field trip today of the year. Nothing big, we're just walking to a park for lunch with our pen pals. There is a chance of rain so keep your fingers crossed we don't have to cancel.

After work husband have to go to a board meeting for wrestling. It's hard to believe it's the time of the year to start thinking about it. Thankfully practice won't start til late November or early December.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day.:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

:autumn: Good Thursday Morning :autumn:

Morning Sharon - age has a way of creeping up on us and, before we know it, the energy level or enthusiasm level changes! I hope the rain holds off so you guys can make it to the park. It's great that you and husband are volunteering again for wrestling. You know it means a lot to difficult child. So, what is easy child going to get into now that cheering is over?

You know what Thursday means around here. I'll do my best to get out of the office by lunch time so I can do the grocery shopping. The kids and I are going to easy child's high school tonight to see Dracula! One of her best friends (the one that helped difficult child write his zombie movie script for his birthday) is playing the lead. We are all excited!

Big hoopla around here because our city school superintendant sent a letter out to schools yesterday saying that any kid attending the Obama rally yesterday would be given an excused absence. Palin came to town last week and no consideration was given for students attending that rally. What a group of dummies!

I hope everyone has a productive Thursday and find a little time to stop and smell the coffee:youarehot:

Sharon

Rabbit

Good Morning! Hope everyone has
a great day! difficult child does not like
the day program luckily she
is only there until Friday
Hugs Rabbit

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning friends,

Sharon (with-o), keeping my fingers crossed for a dry day for your field trip ~ we've had a full day of rain around here. by the way, I'd never be able to get up this early to work out ~ not enough coffee in the world. :coffee2::faint::)

Sharon (ldm), hope your day at the office is short & sweet. The play sounds like a blast. Have fun!

Rabbit, sorry to hear that difficult child doesn't care for day program; having 2 children in programs of this nature, it's not about our little wonders liking the program, it's about learning something. I hope something is sinking in for your difficult child.

Hard to believe it's Thursday. husband has a meeting all this afternoon out of the house. I might be tacky & ask PCA to take kt out to the mall for a couple of hours. It's been too long since I've had any "alone" time.

Nothing on the calendar today. Just a dreary, rainy day ahead.

Here's to a wonderful day ~ hope your home is filled with cooperative difficult children & a calm spirit. We all need it.

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Wiped - 3:30? Is there really a time called that? I know why you are not motivated for early any more. 3:30? Are you sure? I hope the rain stays away untll atleast after the field trip. (I can't find the bright orange in my color chart - sorry this is so light.)

Little Dude's Mom - Have fun with Dracula - Kids going to the other event had better be excused as well is all I can say. Reminds me of a time when a well known person was in town (not political). The picture on the front page showed a friend's daughter greeting the person. I mentioned it to my friend who denied it - he daughter was suppose to be in school and my friend had not seen the paper. I felt bad for "tattleing" I wouldn't have said anything if I knew she didn't have permission. Kids, if you skip school, make sure you don't end up in the paper because someone will show your parents.

Rabbit - I wish difficult child could be in day program longer - one week doesn't seem enough to address issues. It is common for kids to dislike structured programs.

Timer - I hope you find some alone time.

Another quiet day on the home front - I will put in 6 hours at work today.

I may be going to a movie on Sunday afternoon. easy child's friend's mom stated we should get together. The girls are going to The Secret Lives of Bees (I think that is the name - looks good). husband should be home for difficult child. I am a little nervous, according to easy child, all her friends' moms think I am psychotic and unreasonable in my rules. I am sure she has painted a wonderful picture of me and if these adults have bought into it then OMG! But then the neighbor lady told me last week that easy child never bad talks me to her though she thinks it is because easy child has learned that she will not allow it - she is one that believes kids are to respect their parents and expect them to do so in her presence - wish there were more people around that would help on that front.

Oh well, off to a quiet day! That is a good thing!

Everyone have a great day. Find a way to make your difficult child laugh.

Last edited:
Good Morning Everyone,

I just finished typing my reply and must have hit a wrong button somewhere - I can't retrieve my post. So, I'll try again...

Sharon (WO), I've got my fingers crossed that it doesn't rain today and you have a pleasant trip to the park.

Sharon (LDM), Enjoy tonight's production of Dracula!!! I wish I could join you!!!
And I agree with you - No matter what side one is on in this very heated election, each child should be treated fairly and be given the same benefit of an excused absence if he/she went to one of the rallies. in my humble opinion, your superintendent is definitely sitting on his brains!!!

Rabbit, I agree with Linda (Timer Lady). in my humble opinion, it doesn't matter whether or not your difficult child likes the program. Hopefully she learned valuable lessons from it. difficult child 1 spent 3 weeks in an outpatient hospital based psychiatric program. He hated every second of it. However, we did notice an improvement in his behavior after he completed it. Hope Rabbit's behavior improves too!!!

Linda, I don't think you're being "tacky" at all!!! I hope you get some much needed and deserved "me" time today!!!

My dryer was supposed to be repaired today. However, it's lousy customer service as usual. I was assured that a repair person would show up today. I rearranged my schedule to be home. I called yesterday afternoon to confirm my appointment and they had no record of it!!!:angry-very: I was told someone will DEFINITELY be here tomorrow. PLEASE keep your fingers crossed!!! It is too cool here to hang wet laundry outside.

I hope everyone has a great day or at least a day with no major disasters...:autumn::witchcrafting::devilish: WFEN:pumpkin:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning friends, it's a clear crisp sunny morning in my part of the world. :fall: I have enjoyed the afternoon trail walks with the puppies. It's sunny, cool and very peaceful. (except for the occasional distant gun shot from the hunters)

Wiped out, I think the longer you stay at goal the easier it is to relax. Of course, no one can keep up the intensity it took to get too goal. It's unrealistic. Modify instead of staying the same.

LDM, Hope your day is fun. Sounds busy. When school folks do stupid stuff like that it sets up the community for devisiveness. I would be miffed. Somewhere in the thought process should be fair, equal and unbiased.

Rabbit, sorry that difficult child isn't wild about the day program. So what else is new? They don't like anything do they?

TM, enjoy some quiet time. I need alone time too. Even when we have a full house, I need to get away for a bit.

difficult child didn't get the job he interviewed. They called him for an interview, then when he went back to inquire, he was told they weren't hiring. Hmmmm, think there needs to be a ADA advocate there.
In the meantime, the county services people did an intake. I can't believe the difference in attitude. I loved Tx but the services never got to us because the staff was indifferent, hostile, defensive and downright mean. I ended up not trying because they made it so tough. Every single person I have spoken to or met has been kind and as helpful as they can. If they can't give me service, they give me a list of resources. They honestly seem to want to help difficult child. Yay!!! There also seems to be a growing number of private organizations willing to work with adults. Anything towards independence.

Today is my errand day but it seems every day has been lately.
:happyoktoberfest: Enjoy your day. Don't let your difficult child get you down.

Andy

Wishing - I hope the repair person gets there tomorrow - call them every 4 -5 hours today to keep verifying that you are still on the schedule. I really want to know why repair services as well as cable companies think we have nothing better in life then to stay home waiting on them. :tongue: They are often not willing to work with you in finding a time. Good thing you called to verify.

Fran - We also posted the same time. I am glad you have found people who really do know what "customer service" means. Glad things are going well in that area. Hope difficult child can find a job soon.

Marguerite

G'day, folks. I'm posting late today, it's heading for midnight here. Sorry I can't address everyone individually, but I do need to hit the sack before midnight.

A busy day today, even though we stayed home mostly (about time!). My cleaning day (not good, when it's raining) so we cooked up a storm while the washing finished so my friend could hang it out for me. Of course, it was kept just damp enough to need to stay outside although I slowly fetched in various items through the day - although it was raining, it was also blowing a gale (literally) so the washing was getting mostly dry.
difficult child 3 did a science exam today. He had a week to do it, open book, he finished it all. I went through it afterwards as best I could before I posted it to the school - I didn't find any mistakes although it looks like HE found one in the questions. "How long does it take for the moon to go round the sun?" which difficult child 3 queried in a note to his teacher.

His English teacher rang - I explained that he's fallen badly behind because at the moment ANY writing task is almost impossible. He's been very erratic with it this year, I can only blame medication (no other feasible possibilities at the moment). The doctor rang me back - he's agreed to a medication increase (again) so tomorrow we'll see how he goes. Although tomorrow is another session with the oxytocin trial, should we? I think we should wait until Saturday, so we don't skew the trial.

girlfriend came to dinner tonight - at last she had the material for her wedding dress, so we immediately went to visit my friend who is making the dress. Exactly one calendar month to go! But hey, I'm not panicking (much).

Late this afternoon difficult child 3 & I were carrying firewood over the road to a friend's house. They've been burning a paling fence for firewood, while we have a backyard of fallen timber we'd like gone before the bushfire season really kicks in. It was crazy today - the wind chill from the gale was really bad, I was in full winter snow gear, down jacket and double beanie with ear flaps, thermal underwear and long ugg boots. Bizarre! When the wind hit us while walking, it literally stopped us in our tracks purely from the force of it. Walking home with our backs to the wind I swear we went twice as fast! And tomorrow, it will be back to t-shirts and bare legs again. Well, maybe not tomorrow. But out of the wind, it can be quite warm.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg