Good Thursday Morning!

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

I'm just waiting on the coffee... woke up a little earlier than needed but too close to my time to get up. :hammer: I'm taking Duckie and the neighbor girl to school today; I'm chaperoning a field trip to a regional theatre to see "Town Mouse, Country Mouse". It should be fun except the bus... it's always a little rowdy and I'm usually in charge of the boys at the back of the bus.

After that, I will come home to work in the basement. It's absolutely trashed!

Have a great day! :salute:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

TM, what a fun outing with the kids. I'd love to join you ~ but, alas, wouldn't make it on time.

I need to wake ktbug soon; forgot to let school know about her discharge therefore transportation won't start until tomorrow. Geeez ~ she's been on this route forever. Done with the whine.

It's golf day! I'm loving being out there & playing. My endurance only allows for 2 holes at this time. The cart for be to use is wonderful & about the cost of a low end car, so I won't be getting one anytime soon.

Enjoy your day.

LittleDudesMom

:cutie_pie: Good Thursday Morning TM and all to follow,

I usually enjoyed my kids' field trips, it was the bus ride I didn't like! Too noisy, too bumpy, too smelly....

Thursday means an office day for me - it should be a long on as I've much to do since I took Tuesday off!

The countdown has begun at our house. easy child has prom Saturday and graduates on the 13th - difficult child is taking state mandated testing now and has 2 weeks and 2 days left of school...........

The year went by very quickly.....

Have a great day all :peaceful:

Sharon

LittleDudesMom

Linda,

we must have been posting at the same time! Great to hear from you this morning. I had no idea you had picked up the old white ball again....great!!! I think we need to chat......

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

TM-Enjoy that cup of coffee-you'll need it for the bus ride:) I love that story, I'll bet it's going to be a great show!

Linda-Enjoy your time at the golf course-you so deserve it:)

I stayed up way too late reading last night but the book is so good. I'm surprised at how much I'm loving the Twilight Series, I started the 2nd book last night and all of a sudden the first 200 pages are gone, still a long way to go.

No appts. after school for me tonight-husband has to hang on the other side of town to wait for easy child. Later husband and I wil hit the health club as last night both of us decided our bodies needed a break and took the night off.

Wishing everyon a peaceful day:peaceful:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon-You snuck in on me! It's good to see you this morning, does this mean your hand is feeling better? Wow, easy child graduating! I'm on the same countdown as your difficult child! I can't wait til June 12th!

therese005us

Good thursday evening!!!

Well, it was a very tiring Thursday for us. Told DS19 he shoould stay home from work as he has some cold /flu symptoms and was miserable. That also saved me from the early morning rush of getting him there for 7am, and battling our boggy road twice. I left him with a list of light duties and took cherub to school, daughter to her paed appointment. We were late, but he saw us anyway. Usually he's running late, especially if we're on time! Then back another 50km for daughter to sing at the Cancer Council Big Morning Tea. Then back tot he school to pick up cherub eearly and another 70km to the city for daughter to go to her violin lesson.
Cherub had a very BAD afternoon of soiling, which was so hard to deal with. perhaps because I'm feeling a little fragile, the little of the odour I can detect really got to me today!! It seems it's in my skin and everywhere.
Well, after violin lesson, 56km back for dancing classes... and more soiling to deal with...we rarn out of clothes so I desperately asked my boyfriend to mind her an hour if I dressed her in a nappy and long t shirt which is all I had left. I didn't want her hanging around the dance classes half dressed. Embarrassing for us all.
Now we're home, it's nearly 9pm and daughter is busy mixing cakes for the Show tomorrow, for the cooking competition.....
So, hoarse as I am I have to help and eventually I will get to bed, though lying down is a bit of a problem I seem to cough more.
Ho hum! I'm looking forward to the weekend without little cherub, as I'm a little tired....

Have a happy Thursday everyone - and my Aussie friend, enjoy your eveining......

I'll check in later while I'm waiting for the cakes to cook.

TM, I'm on my third cup of coffee - Am happy to share! :coffee: Riding on a bus filled with noisy kids is tough. I've been there done that and give you lots of credit for helping out, especially since you usually get to deal with the boys in back. Anyway, aside from the ride, the trip sounds like fun.

Linda, I'm so happy you're getting back into golf!!!:D ENJOY the day!!!:D:bigsmile:

Sharon (LDM), You're right - This school year really did fly by!!! difficult child 1 goes to his prom tomorrow night and graduates on the 14th. Our kids really do grow up quickly even though I never thought I would ever make it to the point where I have a high school graduate.:yes: Hope work goes by quickly!!!

Sharon (WO), I'm glad you don't have any appts. this evening. I wish I could go to the health club with you. I'm so busy that I have to go four days without being able to jog. I've got my fingers crossed that Saturday isn't raining so I can finally release some stress... It's nice that you're in the middle of a good book. I'm looking forward to being able to enjoy a book on the beach.... :beach: Daydreaming is good...

therese005us, I hope you and DS19 feel better soon!!! I hope everyone else in your house stays healthy!!! You sound so BUSY. I hope you manage to get a bit of time for yourself.:bath:

Today is another busy one for me - Lots of errands, a bit of work, have to get caught up on calls that need returning, etc... Not much on the agenda for this evening. I'm hoping for a calm one...

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... WFEN :coffee:

Marguerite

Only a quick message from me tonight, although I've read all your posts.

I think I'm fighting a losing battle against this virus. I'll try and get a doctor's appointment for tomorrow, I have a meeting to go to on Saturday that I may have to beg off. I thought I was doing OK until about half an hour ago, when I started to move and realised that I can feel my chest beginning to fill up, and my temperature is climbing.

easy child & sister in law emailed this afternoon so we rang tonight, they're driving down tomorrow to come visit with us. I emailed easy child 2/difficult child 2 to see if she wants to visit. I'll telephone difficult child 1 & daughter in law in the morning, see if they want to come for dinner. it's beginning to look like I will have to skip my meeting.

I had my cleaner today (the bipolar one). He's getting more bizarre each week. Still, the floors got vacuumed, the washing got hung out and I got help in the kitchen. I had to re-hang some of the washing (he should know my methods by now - but sometimes I think he just doesn't care) and I ALWAYS have to go round the house afterwards and plug appliances back in. I've also learned to empty out the vacuum cleaner bag because this guy doesn't pick stuff up, he just vacuums over it (and often clogs the cleaner in the process). So now I have to check, I've found some precious things gone up the vacuum cleaner.

The weather is cooler these days, we're wearing lots of layers. We'll soon be at the shortest day - less than a month to go now.

Enjoy your Thursday.

I'm off to bed.

Marg