Good Thursday Morning!

therese005us

Good morning everyone! I hope your days is wonderful.
We had a lovely windy day today, and the wash got dry very quickly.
I was feeling pretty perky most of the day, and got all my reporting for May AND June in an envelope and gone! I might be the first reporter for June, so a little smugness is happening too! Doesn't mean to say I'll be able to keep it up for the next five months though.
The children kept themselves well occupied and we're on the fourth day of double dosing for the movical, I reduced to 5 sachets today. Little cherub was a little more cooperative, and came most times when I called. She didn't have any major mishaps, less clothes to wash etc. and no showering through the day. I even persuaded her to do a little job, taking the wash off the line, and picking up all the pegs. She stumbled a bit towards the end, saying her legs were tired or something, but did manage to finish the task.
Baby seems happier, and more alert, amazing what a little extra stimulation can do.
Bio mum wants me to have all three for two nights next week, so she can get drunk. So, I said yes, of course. They'll all go home for the weekend, and as I wasn't prepared to make an extra trip on Sunday, she's keeping them till Wednesday when I'm going to town already, and I'll have them till Friday.
Afte rnext friday I'll have to get ready for my German student.
And start making enquiries about extra therapy for little cherub.
Well, I haven't set my goals for tomorrow yet, it might just be a quieter day.
Hope you all have a lovely Thursday. I really thought it was Wednesday today, so I have lost a whole day somehow.. If anyone finds it, please give it back, so I can catch up on some work.

Marguerite

G'day from a bit further south.

Trish, sounds like a productive day today. Congrats on getting your reports in so early.

I had a moderately quiet day today. I had my cleaner in for the first time in weeks and because I usually work alongside him, I tried to do what I usually do and found I can't. I was bending over to get onions out of the cupboard and the pain in my rib was NOT pleasant. I'm thinking I may have a second break.
Afterwards I had an appointment to get my hair touched up; my haidresser had palmed me off to her mother (also qualified) but it was tricky. The hairdresser is in labour, she actually dropped in to instruct her mother on what to do with my hair, ended up doing some of it then taking herself back home again. The mother was also cancelling all later appointments. My one hour appointment blew out to 3 hours. I was also finding that sitting in a chair was very uncomfortable, rib-wise.

I rang easy child tonight to pick her professional brains. She's made a couple of suggestions (such as sleeping propped up with pillows). I'll need to ring my doctor in the morning to see if I need to come in for more blood tests - the last lot went missing. I'll talk to the doctor about the new pain round the back of my rib cage. easy child said to get husband to check me over - a broken bone WILL hurt when he presses on it, so it should be easy to confirm if it's a new break or simply referred pain...

I am so over this!

Tomorrow night is easy child 2/difficult child 2's wedding rehearsal dinner, where we get together and taste our way through the menu, choosing what we'll have on the big day. It's definitely a working dinner byt easy child 2/difficult child 2 was trying to make it a social occasion - wanted to know what to wear, for heaven's sake! I told her, she'll be lucky if I even bother putting a bra on. And in me the lack will be obvious, I look like my boobs have been tied on round my waist on apron strings.

Enjoy your Thursday.

I know what you mean, Trish - it's because we're always a day ahead in this part of the world.

Marg

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning from this side of the hemisphere, ladies.
Trish, it sounds like the children flourish when they are with you. I'm a little fuzzy on the arrangement. I am guessing that these are foster children but there seems to be a great deal of flexibility with the bio mom.

Marguerite, hope the rib heals soon. I have heard that rib fractures are horribly painful.

difficult child is heading to NJ for a long weekend with a buddy and buddy's parents. Lots of swimming and guy stuff happening. It's really nice for difficult child and even nicer for us.
husband and I (and the pack) are heading up into the mountains late this afternoon for few days away. It's rather isolated and so we will have lots of quiet. Our hope is that it is cooler and we can do a lot of hiking and maybe horseback ride. At the very least we hope to do a little white water rafting.(trust me, it's at a safe level). Mostly, I want to sit on the porch to read, nap and just enjoy a little break from the normal day hustle.

Hope your Thursday is wonderful. Enjoy the summer day or for those in Australia, the winter day.

everywoman

Good morning ladies. I'm up after a fitful night of sleep---couldn't get to sleep and then had bad dreams that woke me all night long.

Tish, sounds like little one is trying so hard to get well with your help.

Marg---Broken ribs sounds painful.

Fran---I love white water rafting, haven't been in a few years. Last time I went I took my 14 year old niece and 3 of her friends. They flirted the entire time with the young guide and giggled all the way down the river. I wonder if I can talk husband into taking a side trip when we leave Ohio in a few weeks and maybe do a stop in the mountains.

For once, I have a day with absolutely nothing on my schedule. I plan on being a vegetable all day.

Trish, I'm glad your day went well. I hope you have less on your agenda today.

Marg, I haven't been here in awhile and was hoping you would be feeling better by now. I'm sorry you're still in so much pain.

Fran, What a wonderful weekend you have planned! It sounds absolutely perfect! ENJOY! And, I'm glad to hear your difficult child is going to spend time with a friend. It sounds like he is doing really well.

It just started pouring here. So far, we haven't had much of a summer. I was hoping to be able to go for a jog/run this morning but it isn't going to happen. I'm headed for the kitchen and some more caffeine...

I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today...:D SFR

P.S. From reading this, if it sounds like you already "know" me, you do. I used to go by another screen name but changed it due to privacy issues.

everywoman,

Didn't mean to miss you - I'm slow this morning. I'll blame it on the weather. I hope tonight you get a better night's rest. Enjoy your day of being a "vegetable"... SFR

everywoman

No problem SFR. A rainy day sounds lovely. I wish it would rain here. It's been near 100 all week and not a cloud in sight.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning ladies,

Trish, you sound busy at your end of the world.

Marg, does it help to get those ribs wrapped? That used to be done with a broken rib ~ also can you get a reacher stick so you don't need to bend to pick things up? It's a must have for me.

Fran, I'm envious of your weekend in the mountains ~ wish I had thought to check out a cabin on a lake for the weekend. Hmmmmmmm

EW, enjoy your day of nothingness ~ love those days.

SFR, we've had the same "non" summer weather.

"Hi" if I missed you or you snuck in.

It's a quiet morning here - the contractor, carpenter & electrician will all be here by 8. I have no kitchen to speak of as it's been demo'd down to the studs & lathe. What a mess. New kitchen that will be over my sink is in ~ the last of the old layers of flooring will be yanked up today.

I have golf league this afternoon depending on the weather. Really looks as though we'll be rained out.

Nothing major planned for the upcoming holiday weekend. The tweedles birthday is on Sunday & I should figure something out for that but I've lost the joy in celebrating their big days since wm has been in out of home & they cannot be together. I'd rather ignore the whole situation.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Trish-Sounds like a very busy day, I vote for the quieter one tomorrow. It sounds like the kiddos are doing very well with you!

Marg-I'm so sorry you are in so much pain! Did the doctor say how long the ribs will take to heal?

Fran-Your mountain getaway sounds wonderful! I love the idea of getting away from it all. Hiking, horseback riding, reading, napping all seem perfect! Enjoy!!!

Everywoman-I hope you get lots of napping in. Enjoy the day with nothing on your schedule-you deserve it!

SFR-It sure does rain a lot by you, I hope the sun starts shining soon by you!! I could sure you some caffeine, how I wish I could start drinking coffee or even tea!

husband and I had a great day yesterday, we went out of town shopping, went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner and on our way home stopped at an outlet mall where I found a dress for my niece's wedding in September.

It is suppose to finally be sunny here today, but I'll believe it when I see it! We'll head to the health club at some point and pick difficult child up at 4:00. Tomorrow we are picking up easy child at 5:30 for the weekend.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day-hi if you snuck in while I was typing this.:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning Everyone!

Trish, sounds like you had quite a day today! It's great that the kids are doing well with you. You may never realize the influence your caring will have on them.

Marg, living with the pain and having to adjust what you are able to do every day is getting old for you - I hope you find some relief soon.

Fran, sounds like a fabulous 4th plan you and husband (and the pups) have planned! Nice that difficult child has plans of his own.

Every, being a vegetable for one day is a good thing! Enjoy the nothingness.

SFR, I'm with you on the needing more caffeine this morning - sending you wishes for dry, blue skies!

Linda, I know it's mega exciting to have the new, but I'm sure you are just gunning for the day the dust and noise settle! I've lived through the renovation of our second home and said, "never again!" - after that I made sure there was a little "fluff" in the selling price so I could stay in a hotel while two future renovations were being done! You will find something to mark the day for wm and kt - you always do - they will know their mom loves them.

Sharon, glad you and husband had such a great day together yesterday! Here's hoping the kids continue the goodness!!!!

I am running a little late for the office today as I am nursing a monster headache. I think I need new pillows or something. The last three days the back center of my neck has been a little tight and I've had this on and off headache. Or, it could be related to the shoulder/arm thing. Geeze, am I falling apart???

Office this morning and then I begin the prep for the 4th bash. A few adults, but mostly kids this year. difficult child has a friend coming and easy child has six coming. I have tons of bbq in the freezer left over from the big grad party. Even though I was feeding 40, the place I purchased the bbq really over-sold me by double! So we are having bbq, slaw, beans, and chips - not even turning on the grill!

Wishing everyone a great Thursday!

Sharon

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Therese - I am glad things are going well for little cherub and siblings. It is good that they are relaxing at your home.

Marg - I hope that rib heals quickly.

Fran - I hope you all enjoy what is set up to be a great weekend.

Everywoman - Enjoy vegetating - my favorite kind of day.

Searching - I hope you find dry weather soon as well as a nice summer weather day.

Timer - I hope the remodeling goes by quicker.

Wiped Out - Have a great day!

Little Dude's Mom - I hope you can get rid of that headache and really enjoy the bash.

We had a truly wonderful vacation. Just a few bumps along the way but we all made it through. husband would be up about 6:00 am ready to leave at 6:30 while the rest of us didn't get up until 7:30/8:00/8:30. I had to remind husband that this was not a race - we had no time schedule to run with. He needs to learn to relax!

difficult child played on a level of rocks on the beach that I would not be able to get back from. He asked me to go down that far but I would not be able to climb back up. We saw a loon swim by and several large ships going into Two Harbors and Duluth/Superior.

It lightly rained off and on (mainly when we stopped to get out of the vehicle) the two full days we were there. However, it was very light and gentle and managable.

Today is Diva's birthday. She found a heart with crown on it charm at an agate shop that I bought for her birthday. I also have a pink fuzzy pillow and a pink throw blanket to give to her. She plans on tubing today and going to a movie with friends tonight.

I got to see samples of what Mom is putting on a shirt for me to give difficult child. She had embroidered the bowling designs on a dish towel so she can check for size and show me before the actual project. I really can't wait until that is finished - keeping this birthday surprise a secret is my Summer project.

Today difficult child has a retainer fitted and then to Fargo for a neurologist appointment. We are going to be asking to get the 48 hr EEG scheduled sooner than October.

I hope everyone has a great day and find a way to make your kids laugh.