Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:

October has arrived! I love this month; all the leaves changing colors, cooler temps (but hopefully not too cold), crunchy leaves to walk over, my first sips of hot chocolate loaded with whipped cream! I could go on but you get the idea-I love October!

No appointments after work again today (don't want to get to used to this as next week lots of appts. are on the agenda but it's nice while it lasts).

Feeling like I need some caffeine this morning; at work someone gave me a bottled water that has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee-it may be time to try that today.

Tonight the health club and my two favorite shows, Supernatural and Project Runway!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:autumn:

Marguerite

G'day folks.

Sharon/WO, enjoy your autumn weather and a quieter afternooon.

It's the day before the wedding. husband is organising the two cars (which are also doubling as wedding cars). easy child 2/difficult child 2, easy child and the other bridesmaids (except bridesmaid 4, who has a new baby) are spending the night at a posh hotel near the wedding venue. The boys are in another motel on the other side of town. The rest of us have stayed home because WE have to fetch the flowers. I still have to make a wreath of ivy for the flowergirl, who is meeting the female portion of the bridal party at their hotel at about midday. Meanwhile husband, me, difficult child 3, mother in law, sis-in-law and her two girls are checking into a more down-market place closer to the wedding venue. I'll then head over to see the girls and help with make-up.

Before I leave in the morning I need to get my hair done. I also need to pack my wedding finery plus other bits and pieces (including back-up makeup kit). The chance of showers and later thunderstorm has been forecast. Rain is only going to be a problem for photos in the garden after the ceremony; everything else is indoors.

There are a few little things still to come together, but basically everything is ready. The groom lacks a pocket handkerchief but my sister is bringing one. She will tuck it into his pocket when they get there.

This time tomorrow, we'll be well underway. My second daughter will be married and I will only have one unmarried child.

And I have the mother of all head colds which is moving down onto my chest, and an outfit which leaves a lot of bare skin exposed to the elements. So I'm going to pack my long cardi-coat. I'd rather not wear it unless I really have to...

So some quick packing, then we're ready to head off. Taking both cars, driving totally separately.

Somewhere in there I'm hoping difficult child 3 can get some schoolwork done - probably very little, though.

Enjoy your Thursday. I'll check back in in a few days' time.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:autumn: Good Morning!

Sharon, I am digging the arrival of fall as well. October has ushered in the coolest morning yet - 49 degrees. Fall makes me happy! Enjoy your shows tonight!

Office today, then nails, then more ebay stuff! Still working on those trucks. Went to the post office yesterday and got some of those new "if they fit in this box it's one standard price" boxes. That way I will know how much to charge in shipping and how many trucks will fit in a box which will help me break them into lots.....it's almost neverending!

difficult child is doing really well right now - no board jinx right now please - he's doing his classwork, no arguments about homework, grades good, no behavior issues, who took my kid? Seriously, I think the maturation of difficult child is making some headroom in his "sense of entitlement" which has always been one of the more difficult things to handle since it really is tied to his attitude and his performance at school. I'm thinking lowering the vyvance, after the initial no medication run, seems to be just enough to handle the attention and focus issues, but not too much to cause aggitation. His mood seems to be "even", if you know what I mean.

Hope this first day of October brings you peace :autumn:

Sharon

LittleDudesMom

Marge, we were typing together. Here's to smooth-sailing tomorrow! I'm sure it will be a lovely day for all. Give difficult child 3 a pass! Above all, have fun and enjoy the molment!

Sharon

Rabbit

Good Morning ! Hope everyone has a stress free day!
Today ,I get a new tire and an oil change for my car.
Yesterday I had a spare put on because as many of u know I started
my day with a flat tire. difficult child 3 dropped her English 102 class yesterday
because " I am only 16" and can only handle a small college work load.
Did I tell her to drop out of high school and take the GED? difficult child 3 wants to take 1 class per semester and play the rest of the week. Ugh
Her therapist does not have a problem with that. UGH
Sending Hugs to all! Rabbit:D

Sharon- Hope u enjoy the fall day
Marg- Congrats! I know the wedding will be wonderful!
Sharon- Glad difficult child is doing well.

Marguerite

I probably will let difficult child 3 off most of the work, but I do find that shoving work at him (plus an incentive) will reduce his anxiety to tolerable levels.

Tonight we had dinner at mother in law's, difficult child 3 was very voluble (as increasingly happens in the evenings as medications wear off) and tact was left a long way behind. We think we might need to bring extra medications so we can keep him dosed for a bit longer, keep him a bit better controlled. It will be crowded and noisy in a strange location. I don't want him stressing and sabotaging his sister's wedding. Not that he would do it deliberately.

Marg

Good morning everyone! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. It is time to get things done around here. We have company and a playdate tomorrow.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Morning all. Running late but wanted to wish Marguerite, her husband and family a wonderful wedding day. It's a momentous event in every mother's life. Best wishes to the new couple.

tiredmommy

Good morning everyone! I'm running horribly late (as usual) but wanted to wish everyone (especially Marg) a great day! I'll be picking up Duckie early from school to get her flu shot and blood test done... let's hope all does smoothly! :winks:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Good morning everyone!

September is finally over! Ya know the song "Wake me up when September ends"? Yup. Yay I'm awake!

Tonight is the Homecoming Parade that Jett will be in. I love watching him. I could care about the parade itself - could, but don't - but Jett - !

I dyed my hair again last night. Had 3 requests for a lighter shade of red, and everyone wanted it one color instead of blonde and burgundy. So I got a medium auburn shade.

It's orange.

Halloween orange.

With orangey-burgundy underneath.

Told Jett I did it so I'd match our colors for Homecoming - they are orange and black.

Oh well. After the parade tonight I'm darkening it. To heck with the requests.