Good Thursday Morning!!!

LittleDudesMom

Good Morning All on this last day of the year!

Marg - Happy New Year :happy_new_year:!! As it is 8 am here, I know it is midnight there and you have just rung in the new year!!!

Not too hectic a day ahead for me. I'll be going to the office for just a couple hours, then the grocer, then home to light the fire under difficult child to finish his Christmas break reading!! I am going to a party tonight, just for a couple hours early (probably 8-10) and then difficult child and I will ring in the new year with sparkling white grape!

Have a great day everyone!

Sharon

tiredmommy

Good morning.:happy_new_year:

Marg- Happy New Year!

Sharon- It sounds like you have a nice day planned. I had Duckie finish her homework yesterday. My theory: it was assigned in 2009, it should be completed in 2009.

Duckie and I will be running out to get some fresh fruit to bring to a party this evening, I'll throw dinner in the crockpot (minestrone) and then we will all head out to the big regional mall this afternoon for her to spend a gift certificate. She's so excited (and so is husband, lol).

We'll head over to our friends' after dinner and probably come home around 10 o'clock. We're just not into late nights anymore.

Have a great day. Hi to anyone that snuck in. :frostbite:

LittleDudesMom

TM,

I'm with you. I actually don't like to be out on the roads after midnight on New Years. Too many folks who drink and drive once a year....

Enjoy your day.

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Marg-Happy New Year!

Sharon-Enjoy your day and evening-sounds like a nice one. I actually feel sorry for difficult child having hw. My students love the fact that I don't believe in hw over breaks (of course, they wish I felt that way about weekends too:)).

TM-Enjoy the mall with Duckie and your evening.

We're still in Michigan and have been having a very relaxing time. We've been to see husband's dad in the hospital twice and will head there again today. father in law and I have been playing dominoes-lots of fun!

husband and I don't go out on New Year's Eve-we usually sit at home and order a pizza and watch the Twilight Zone marathon. Since we are in Michigan this year our plans are a bit different. My niece, who we are staying with, is having a party. We're ordering pizza and playing games. Should be fun and nice because once difficult child has his medications he'll just go upstairs to sleep and we won't have to try and carry him-I should say husband because I can't lift him anymore.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day, a fun and safe evening:peaceful:

Marguerite

G'day folks.

I just posted a separate Happy New Year thread, I thought we could each post when each of us reaches new year. By my reckoning, Esther should be among the next batch.

We're going to have a busy New Year's Day here, I suspect. Carpentry (husband - some work to do rebuilding a kitchen bench), gardening (my garden is in woeful shape, I've been removing citrus shield bugs over the last couple of days, my fingers are now stained like a chain smoker's even though I wore vinyl gloves) and general tidying. Plus keeping mother in law occupied and cheered up.

Somewhere in there I need to sleep and it's 2 am here!

Enjoy your New Year's Eve everyone.

Marg