Good Thursday Morning

LittleDudesMom

;) Good Morning Friends!

We are having such yo-yo weather here - it was hot on Monday, cool and cloudy on Tuesday, warm and humid yesterday with big thunderstorms, cool and cloudy today, and then back up to 90 tomorrow! It's hard to keep it all straight and know how to dress for the day!

Bonehead is out of town today through Monday and the secretary returns from her trip today. It will be a full day at the office for me today!

Hope your Thursday is a good one :peaceful:

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Sharon-Weather like that drives me crazy-just give me all sunny days! Enjoy your day.

We had lots of fun at the baseball game yesterday but it wiped me out. I went to bed early last night and still wish like I could sleep away the day. We are having more rain today but at least should get into the 60s-we are also under a flash flood watch til noon.

After work today, I am taking easy child/difficult child to look at a possible switch in schools for her for next year. I think it would be better for her but doubt she'll decide to actually attend. Who knows though-it's worth a try.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning all,

Sharon (ldm), lots on your plate, that's for sure.
Sharon (with-o), did the Brewer's win? I didn't catch the news last night. Curious minds want to know.

I've been up & about all night. Forgot to get my sleeping medications filled yesterday & I'm paying the price. Let's see - psychiatrist appointment for kt; next off to meet/interview a possible respite provider for kt, onto the salon to get my hair done & home to piano lessons. Today just lined up like this & I couldn't find a way out.

Have a good day, friends.

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon (LDM), I agree - It's so hard to decide how to dress that I've been wearing layers. Hope your day at the office goes quickly and smoothly.

Sharon (WO), I'm glad you had a good time at the game. Hope you manage to get caught up on your sleep this evening.

I thought I was really wide awake and doing well this morning until I hit the wrong keys three times and lost my GM post, lol! I guess I better have another cup of caffeine...

Today it is cool, the high is only supposed to reach 59 but the sun is out. I'm going to let it warm up a bit more, it's only 42 right now, and then I'm going for a jog.

I have to do some research - I need to find something for difficult child 2 to do during the summer. He really needs the structure of an all day program. A volunteer position or a "real" job with a job coach is on my wish list... I have a few leads but the task is extremely frustrating as there really isn't much available in our area for him. At least school gets out a week later than usual this year!!! I'm extremely grateful!!!

Hope everyone has a great day... SFR

Good Morning Linda,

I'm having problems typing this morning and missed your post. Hope you manage to squeeze a nap in there somewhere... I'm glad you have several special things planned for yourself - Enjoy getting pampered at the hair salon and have fun with the piano lesson. SFR

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning to all of you.
LDM, I hear you about the weather. It should be pretty hot and humid today and worse tomorrow. I think tomorrow will be an indoor a/c day.
We need rain desparately. Very frustrating when everyone around us is in a midst of a deluge. Don't work too hard. Hope the office runs smoothly.

with-O glad the bb game was fun. I'm sending you some warm humid weather. Hope easy child/difficult child gets excited about school soon.

Linda, I bet your hair will be gorgeous. I loved how you wore it in Cleveland last summer.

SFR, the frustration of finding programs that are a good fit is tough. There are a lot of services out here but no funding for the last 18months. Good luck with the search.

Today is another day of errands, housework, paperwork and eye dr. appointment. Nothing too exciting.
Hope you all have a lovely day.

Marguerite

G'day, folks.

Sharon/LDM, when the weather is so changeable, all you can do is dress in layers.

Sharon/WO, I hope that flash flood doesn't happen.

Linda, sounds like a really hectic day coming up. I hope you can include time to get your sleep medications filled.

SFR, regarding a volunteer position for difficult child - what about getting him to volunteer at a local kennels? Or an old folks home? Sometimes old people just need a kid to talk to. If he could go in with a tape recorder, offering to record veterans talking about their experiences in the army, it is gold for community history. Getting the person started is the most difficult part. Once he asks the first couple of questions, it's simply a matter of supervising the technology, then ensuring a quality copy goes to the right people.

Fran, I hope your day is productive and not too tedious.

It's winter here now. Definitely. Even though the sea temperature is still at summer levels. I'm not swimming in it! Mind you, some people here do, they swim every day of the year, even when the sea temperature drops.
Tonight as I was heading to mother in law's, I was wearing enough layers to keep my body warm, but the cold wind was really hurting my eyes and making them teary.

We're leaving for Canberra in the morning sometime. It's a three hour drive for us, but since we're giving difficult child 3 a chance to drive part of the way (a lesson on the highway - his first such) we expect to take a lot longer. I don't mind taking our time. We're planning on meeting easy child at her work just before 4 pm. If we get in earlier, she will give us the key and we will drive to their house to drop off our bags. But knowing us, if we get in to Canberra early, we'll just hang around the city. easy child currently works near the heart of the CBD, we know that area very well.

We're coming back on Saturday evening, so I'm back for the play rehearsal on Sunday. Fingers crossed that things finally start coming together for it.

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg