Good thursday morning

Good Morning Everyone:coffee:,

Today is off to a cloudy start with lots of humidity. It rained last night but the rain didn't help get rid of the humidity. I have errands/food shopping on the agenda this morning.

easy child is acting like a difficult child and her attitude is over the top:mad:. I don't think it's asking too much for some help when I'm having difficulty getting around because of my fractured foot. However, it cuts into her sleeping time if she has to come with me. I HATE the teen years!!!

I'm not in the mood to deal with any more "garbage" this morning so I'm going to leave her at home. Hopefully, by the time I get back, her mood will have improved... Fortunately, difficult child 2 is at his summer class:D. I'm grateful for small miracles...

As always, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... SFR

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

SFR- Someday easy child will realize how ungratefully she has behaved. That's why she's a easy child.

I'm cleaning up the house a bit this morning. One of Duckie's friends is coming by for a play date and thought it might be nice if the furniture weren't covered in cat hair, the kitty litter had been clean and the children's feet didn't stick to the kitchen floor, lol! :rofl:

Have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

Marguerite

G'day for Thursday.

SFR, sorry you're fighting humidity, and that easy child is being a pain. If you're too tired form having to do the shopping alone, then you'll have to rest and need help getting other tasks done, such as washing, cooking etc. Too tired to cook dinner...

TM, all that effort to clean up for a kid who probably won't even notice - then you'll have to clean up again after she goes. I remember my mother used to make me clean up after I had friends over, and I used to really hate it when I had friends who were untidy and trashed the place. I learned who to not invite again!

I had to go back out today to see the eye doctor again. Turned out to not be a problem, but the doctor said a false alarm is good news; not getting things checked when there IS a problem, is bad. I figured out - yesterday was when I noticed the occasional blurring of my vision, is something that happens whenever I flick my eyes from right to left. Every time - something white and semi-opaque flashes past the other way. The doctor said he thinks it's a sort of bubble at the back of my eye and it is associated with the capillary bleed. it will settle down, but I'll have to wait a few weeks or more.

difficult child 3 drove on his learner's permit while I supervised (from behind sunglasses). So I'm mentally exhausted. Then I cooked the Chinese banquet (mini-banquet) I'd planned for Wednesday night. Niece made an onion tart - delicious but a dietary disaster. difficult child 1 & daughter in law arrived for dinner - thank goodness, or we'd have had a vast amount of leftovers.

Tomorrow morning we leave early to take nieces to the airport, after which difficult child 3 and mother in law have appointments at the optometrist. I had an appointment too, but it got cancelled because of all the trouble I'm having at the moment - the optometrist doesn't want me getting a new prescription until my eyes settle down. I'll probably drive back through the local Chinatown so I can re-stock supplies exhausted tonight.

I'm heading for bed as soon as I can, very tired. Also fighting a cold which feels like it's going for the chest - I think it's the first cold I've had since last year's whooping cough. Pass the Vitamin C!

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning everyone!

SRF, beat the heat and don't do anything that's unnecessary - rest that foot! I like what TM said about easy child appreciating it one day because she is, in fact, a easy child. Haha, I hope my easy child comes around to that way of thinking soon!

TM, I hope Duckie helps you clean up in preparation for her friends visit? I have to say I do not miss 'play dates'! Hope you get some down time while they play.

Marg, I'm glad your eye issue is not urgent and that difficult child was available to drive you around. Take time to rest and feel better!

Today is my last work day this week - our boss is allowing us to take every other Friday off (Paid)! I have already scheduled a long spa pedicure for tomorrow morning, using a gift card that difficult child gave me for Mother's Day. I have bills to pay today and checks to process, but otherwise it should be an uneventful day in the office. I dropped our two dogs at the groomers this morning and when I left I could hear the little yorkie zipping through the house yelping for us, broke my heart.

difficult child has applied to about 10 jobs this week and I'm hoping she will hear something from ANYONE today or tomorrow - the kid really needs to be working. She has admitted that she's feeling a bit depressed about not working and I see her slipping a bit - lying in bed, watching tv, sleeping the day away and then waking up late. My friend fractured difficult child's rib by hugging her too hard while we were in Maine and now she's using that as an excuse to be laid up. Ugh. I think I may go with easy child to look at an apt later or tomorrow - can't wait!

Anyway, have a great day everyone~

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

SFR-So sorry easy child is being such a difficult child!!!:mad: What is it about teenage daughters?? We have the same humidity here and also had rain last night! I know what you mean about being grateful for small miracles.

TM-I was thinking along the same lines as Marg with having to clean up all over again. However, I know I would do the same thing!

Marg-You are so very busy! I'm glad your eye problem turned out not to be a problem. It's good you are able to ride with difficult child 3 while he has his permit. husband gets to do that with easy child/difficult child because I make her way too nervous (she doesn't know it but she would make me very nervous too)!

Jo-Your day for tomorrow sounds perfect!!!! I'm keeping all body parts crossed that difficult child gets a job soon!!

It was a stormy night last night but I slept through most of it. This morning we got easy child/difficult child off to school and difficult child off to camp. Tonight is his overnight. husband and I are planning on going to the health club and later I have my yearly mammogram appointment.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful: