Good Thursday Morning

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Duckie is still sleeping and husband is at work so it's quiet here as I sip my coffee. We have a quiet day planned: housework & laundry. Plus, I need to find the funeral arrangements for a friend's mother in law so we can go to the visitation. Duckie is friends with the my friend's daughter so I think it would be a nice gesture for us to go.

Other than that, I need to have Duckie leave her viola alone. We found a rental for her yesterday and I'm concerned that she's going to harm the bow or break a string before school even starts.

Have a great day! :salute:

Andy

GOOD MORNING!!!
Quiet days are nice once in a while! :)

I am so excited that it is Thursday! I am having one of those months that strange tasks are popping up at work that I do not like. It happens about once every year where every time I turn around something new arises that I really don't want to deal with. Coupled with the fact that I took the 2nd working day of the month off as well as a few other days this month and I am so far behind. I hope to have a quiet day and put a huge dent into my to-do-list.

difficult child contiues to do great! He is whistle training the puppies who are both doing very well! They work on "come", "sit", and "sit/stay". "Sit/stay" has aways to go but they do pretty good at it. The goldendoodle is a little sweatheart - so mellow for a puppy. She is so funny in "sit/stay". She sits, kind of looks around a little and then as if she forgot what she was doing walks away in a different direction. She has not chewed on things in the house but I wonder if that will change? When does teething start for puppies? She has carried a couple of shoes away but usually when chewing has a chew toy. She likes to lay near the front door amongst all our shoes but has really not touched them.

We sometimes exercise the dogs through the "come/sit" lessons. difficult child will go to one side of the lawn and call them (whistle). Once they get their treats, I will be on the other side of the lawn and call them (whistle). difficult child and I then move to different places and sometimes out of site so they need to look for us. This has them running back and forth across the lawn keeping them on our property and we don't have to try to keep up with them.

Diva officially moves out this weekend. She starts photography school on Monday.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good morning!

TM, enjoy your quiet day, nice. Good luck with keeping Dicking away from the viola!
Andy, your description of difficult child's training the pup was so cute. I wish I could see that in action! Good luck with catching up at work!

My girls and I went to dinner at a new restaurant last night and then we went to see Eat Pray Love. Dinner was delish and there was no nudging, arguing, or snide remarks from easy child, a big surprise. The movie was so-so. I hated the book and the movie was better for me, but there were still parts that irritated me. difficult child hated it completely and easy child and I concluded that we both want to go to Bali!

I am at work today and then leaving early to take Sophie and Nala to the vet for shots and bloodwork. Oy. This morning as I turned on the pool filter, I noted the slight chill in the air. I love August, cool nights, hot days, light breezes - it's my favorite time in New England. I doubt we will be swimming much more this season round here.

Enjoy the day everyone!

Marguerite

G'day.

TM, is Duckie really that keen to learn viola? Why not have her practise scales or basic bowing? I remember my first lessons - I had to learn how to play open strings, smoothly, with one smooth and full-length pass of the bow. Just holding it the right way took practice!

Andy, that is a good way to exercise the dogs and train them at the same time. Fun, too!

H&R, I'm glad you've enjoyed your summer. Today was maybe the second day we've had a hint of warm promise in the air. They've forecast a return to winter for us for the nest few days, however.

I've had a quiet day getting paperwork done. I have a busy day tomorrow - a phone conference call first thing, then I think I'll cancel my optometry appointment, postpone it a week. It was supposed to be 10 am but they booked it wrong and now want me to wait around in the city for three hours to see them, and I just want to get back home. I do have to take easy child 2/difficult child 2 to her therapist tomorrow, plus somewhere in there I have to buy a ball of green wool so I can finish some knitting to be raffled at the election cake stall on Saturday. If I get the yarn before the therapist, I can get most of the knitting finished in the hour's appointment.

I've been trying to increase my wear hours with my contact lenses over the last fortnight, I'm still struggling. That's why I want to postpone. Maybe in a week's time I will have been able to increase my hours more.

Saturday is going to be busy - I'm triple-booked. I've managed to cancel one thing and juggled two others so hopefully I can fit them both in. Also somewhere in there I have to vote - it is compulsory for us here in Australia, if I don't vote, I will get fined.

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg