Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

We're starting out at 49 degrees today and it feels a bit chilly but nice and we'll be warming up to 70 so it should be a beautiful day here.

After work tonight we have our annual book club dinner where we choose our books for the next 9 months! Should be fun but it does mean I probably won't get in my workout today-if I weren't so tired I'd go right now but I'm going to try to catch a few more minutes of sleep. Three workouts a week at 5:30 a.m. (which means up at 4:30) seems to be all my body can handle-the rest have to come at a more decent hour (plus I really miss the morning thread on my boot camp mornings!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Sharon- I hope you catch up on rest this weekend. The book club sounds fun...

I'm driving Duckie and E into school today. Their rehearsal ran late so they weren't home until 9:30. Plus, I have to straighten out a problem with Duckie's bus & her Epipen. Somebody, somewhere, decided that Duckie would be carrying it on the bus (but it's in the health office) so the bus monitor isn't slated to carry it. I only found out because I called her monitor to let her know Duckie wouldn't be on the bus today (as a courtesy). Grrr!

So have a great day! Hi to anyone that snuck in. :salute:

P

PatriotsGirl

Good morning! It's supposed to be 89 and humid here today. Things are still going fantastic here. Sickening, I know. But last night, husband was sick and is very, very grumpy when he is sick. There were definitely some triggers that normally would have sent difficult child into a complete tailspin that she let roll. Though, now that she is no longer sick, she is still trying to use it as an excuse for being lazy. She hasn't even been showering every day. Gross. Time for her to start looking for a job and deciding which program she is going to take in college. Need to get enrolled. She needs to get off her butt. But, she did at least look through the course catalog last night and asked questions - HUGE step! Today she has her drug and alcohol group counselling and a meeting with her PO. It's going to be nice to go in today with a good report :)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Good Thursday morning!

Sharon, choosing books for 9 months sounds like such fun to me! I hope you share which books you all choose; I'm interested in ideas for a good read.

TM, I hope things work out with the epipen issue. Why can't school personnel realize the obvious about such things? Grrr.

PG, I'm so glad that things with difficult child have settled down a bit. My difficult child still goes through periods where she doesn't want to shower, ew.

Today will be the calm after the storm in the office. After yesterdays crazy day, I will be alone so, phew. Class last night was good-we watched a national geographic DVD on pregnancy and childbirth-very interesting. The teacher looks like she's about 13 and some of the things she was talking about struck me as being a bit naive. But she does know her material. Maybe I can get a head start on my HW today!

Have a great day everyone~

Last edited:

Marguerite

G'day, people.

Sharon/WO, I have this mental picture of you on a treadmill with a book propped up so you can read while you walk...

TM, I hope you get Duckie's epipen sorted out. Crazy, for them to muck around with something so critical.

Patriot's Girl, sorry difficult child is giving you such a hard time. Maybe time to instal an ejector seat on the couch?

Jo, if the subjects you are studying are interesting, the homework should be easier to manage.

I had an early start today. I left to collect easy child 2/difficult child 2 to take her to a private gynaecologist she has seen a couple of years ago about her abnormal pap test. Now the pathology report describes her test result as stage 2/3 and needing colposcopy. She has an appointment in a fortnight at a clinic but needed reassurance before then. The doctor was marvellous, explained everything really well. He said to keep her clinic appointment and let them take it from there; to call him if she's not happy with them.

I'm having problems with difficult child 3 - he can't settle to schoolwork, even stuff he loves doing. He spent all day on one simple electronics project that should have taken half an hour. He's put in two wires, that's all. Says he will do it later tonight. It's heading for 11 pm and I know he won't get to it. I've told him that what is not done by morning, gets packaged up. He can finish it on the weekend or not at all, but he must move on.

I've got a quiet day tomorrow, I'll have a hard time with difficult child 3 I suspect.

Enjoy your Thursday, everyone.

Marg

shellyd67

It is going to be a beautiful day here in the Philadelphia area. 78 and sunny :D difficult child woke up pleasant and cooperative so I couldn't ask for much more today ! Have a great day everyone !

P

PatriotsGirl

LOL - LOVE the ejector button idea!!!! Well, push I will. She is going to go Tuesday and take a placement test at the college. She only has until October 1st to apply to be able to start in January. Time to pick a program and get moving!!! School means so much more to me than getting a job right away, but I am encouraging her to get a part time job, too. Some one needs to buy all these little extra things she wants and it will not be me...