Good Thursday Morning

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning Friends,

Friday is almost here! This has been one long week in the Wiped house and it feels like Friday should have been here days ago.

We have a beautiful day ahead with temps climbing into the 70s!

Tonight there is a parent meeting at easy child/difficult child's school-if I have any energy left I may try to go.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Good morning Sharon & all who follow.

Sharon, you sound so tired, sweetie. The weather has been wonderful, hasn't it? I hope you get some time outside in the sunshine today.

kt has begun her online high school this week. All is going well for her ~ she's ecstatic at learning, really learning, something new. Her organizational skills are iffy at best. I have her set up on the kitchen table until I know she's doing well & then I'll move her to a more permanent area with a new desk & such.

As for me, it's been a bit of a learning curve having tweedle dee here all day, everyday. I've always considered school to be respite. This too shall pass.

I've a piano lesson today & hoping to get out on my new 3 wheel bike when kt finishes up with her school work. She roller blades next to me as I bike. It's kind of fun.

Have a good one.

Marguerite

G'day people.

Sharon/WO, enjoy your warm day. It's been cool here over the last few days, I thought we were finished with winter. I hope the parent-teacher night is productive for you.

Linda, school can still be respite even when your student is at home. If she gets into a routine and works well, all you need to do is shove food at her when you eat your lunch, and enjoy the tranquility. No more calls to fix a problem at the school, no more having to change your plans because the school calls you in. For me, that is freedom!

We had a quiet day today. I dropped in on a friend I haven't seen for several weeks. We had a long chat, she gave me a black wool coat she can't fit into any more. I had it rolled up in my scooter basket as I left, but I'd only gone a short way when the wind was too much; I had to stop and put it on. I've stayed in it for the rest of the day, except when I was gardening. When I came home I put in some new plants in the garden. I have a brick wall I've been training some star jasmine up in a diamond pattern, three bushes needed replacing. It's all in bud and when it flowers it will smell wonderful. Roll on spring!

Tomorrow I have a couple of medical appointments to follow up on my breast cancer treatment. I should be home mid-afternoon, I have more planting to do. The new chooks are settling in well although two of them have not yet learned how to perch at bedtime. I just checked up on them, including one who has put herself to bed underneath the feed hopped (where they often lay eggs). No eggs, but it let me see how they are settling in. Barely a murmur of protest at my torchlight in their eyes, and our two old hens are snuggled up to the new ones as if they've been best friends for years. I'm happy!

I had to go in the chookhouse tis afternoon to dig out some compost and manure for the new plants. I dug it through the sand that passes for soil on our property. But where I had dug in the chookhouse turned the earth a little, and the new hens are catching on fast, they investigated quickly in case there were some special treats (worms etc) unearthed in the process.

These are the first farm hens I've had in decades. Up til now, our hens have been the wilder-type home-bred bantams. These new ones are placid by comparison. Not like our wild, feral lot that will hunt down the funnerlweb spiders and try to snatch a magpie out of the air. These ones see a magpie swooping, and duck. Tragic!

Enjoy your Thursday.

Good Morning Everyone,

Sharon (WO), I hope you get a chance to get outside and enjoy a bit of that nice weather.

Timer Lady, Enjoy your piano lesson and your new 4 wheel bike.

Today is a busy one for me. I have work, errands, calls that have to be made regarding difficult child, and a PT appointment. Luckily, difficult child is able to walk to the library after school without too much difficulty. I'll pick him up at the library on my way back from physical therapy.

As always, hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... SFR

Marg,

My fingers just aren't working this morning. I'm typing really slowly... Didn't mean to miss you! I'm glad you had a quiet day for a change. Your garden sounds so beautiful! Hope tomorrow goes well and you get to spend more time in your garden. SFR

LittleDudesMom

Good "Little Friday" Morning!

Sharon, enjoy that weather - we should be getting to a little above 80 today, but the nights and mornings still feel like fall.

Linda, have fun on your bike! Glad kt is enjoying getting back into the school things. This plan should do wonders for her anxiety.

Marg, good thing you had the coat with you. As the seasons change, the temps can go back and forth without warning. Positive thoughts for the medical appointments tomorrow.

SFR, I've a busy one as well and am sitting in the office as I type! Does make the day go faster! You know, I find a reason to laugh everyday!

Thursday around here means family pizza/movie night. It means easy child will grace the family with her presence! We haven't chosen a movie yet, but I look forward to spending the time with my children.

Wishing all a great day!

Sharon