Good thursday morning

Good Morning Everyone,

Yesterday was super hot, so hot that even after dinner, it was still at least 90 degrees and very humid. We skipped taking my favorite sanity saver on her usual long evening walk. Today is supposed to be another scorcher but I think things are supposed to cool down a bit over the weekend. I really hope so because it's even too hot for the pool.

I got a long email from easy child/difficult child 3 yesterday. She is enjoying herself, likes her new job, and loves spending the summer so close to the water. She is super excited because she got a $2000 scholarship she wasn't expecting. I'm so happy for her! difficult child 1 is doing well and taking good care of his little sister. He even took her out to dinner the other night. She said she has been talking to difficult child 2 on skype daily. She said he really looks forward to this and I'm glad. He really doesn't do any socializing outside of the time spent with his life coach. We tried to get him to volunteer at the waterfront this summer, or at take a free six week sailing course, but he hasn't gotten around to either of these things. He is spending too much time fixated on primates, even spending an entire day researching where his plastic monkey figurines came from. I'm hoping his life coach or therapist will get him motivated to find something more productive to do with all the free time he has until school begins.

I'm almost done with my final cup of coffee. It's almost time to hit the fitness room. As always, hope everyone has a good day or at least one reason to smile... SFR

Marguerite

G'day for Thursday.

SFR, the kids sound like they're really doing well. Sorry the heat is hitting you hard. At 9.09 this morning Sydney time, the sun reached its furthest point north and is now swinging south again. Your heat won't last.

We've had a busy few days. difficult child 3 got his drivers licence yesterday. husband is trying to organise the insurance so difficult child 3 can drive the car. But not tomorrow - tomorrow difficult child 3 is going in to work with husband, there is a course being run there for kids in difficult child 3's science grade. Meanwhile I'm taking easy child 2/difficult child 2 to some appointments. She saw the GP this morning and got the referrals organised. So tomorrow she sees three different doctors. Hopefully by tomorrow afternoon we'll have some answers for her. Meanwhile easy child, SIL1 and the baby grand are paying us a visit over the weekend. It's flamin' cold here, but even colder where they live. We're getting our coldest weather yet for this winter. I know we seem like wimps to you, when our temperatures don't go below freezing in Sydney (not more than a degree or two, anyway) but I've encountered winter in colder places, and Sydney is nasty because we're just not properly geared for it. We have no heating in our house, for example. So when the temperatures are down to, say, 8 degrees C, with no heating it is unpleasant. Getting out of bed in the morning is a challenge. When you set foot outside the door and feel the wind chill, you really know it's cold!

Enjoy your Thursday.

Marg

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning!

SFR-I love that the kids are doing so well! We've had that same heat and it is no fun!

Marg-Congrats to difficult child 3 for earning his driver's license!! Stay warm!

It finally rained (not enough) but with it came cooler temps. Our high for today is 79 degrees-much better than the past three days which were in the mid 90s.

easy child/difficult child and I are going for a mani/pedi this morning (my niece is getting married on Saturday so we are splurging). difficult child is getting his hair cut (actually should be done by now) and this afternoon husband and I are taking difficult child shopping for appropriate wedding clothes (nothing like waiting til the last moment:)). Tomorrow morning we head out of town so we can make it in time for the rehearsal (I'm doing the readings).

Wishing all a beautiful day!

cubsgirl

It's much cooler here today too. I'm thankful for that. Not much going on in our world lately - difficult child starts summer school next week and he is actually excited about it!! I did apply for two jobs - hoping one comes through. I've decided to re-enter the work force.