Good Tuesday morning, friends.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:coffee: I'm sipping my hmj & dreading going out in the cold today. :cold: It's currently 1 degree with a wicked wind chill out there. I really don't think I have to leave the house at all today - have everything I need here but a medication refill for kt. husband will be running into the office today & he can pick it up on his way home.

Okay, that's handled. :woohoo:

kt's in home therapist is coming in today - yeehaw! Love that stuff. Do you detect a bit of sarcasm? :crazy: Sorry.

As I haven't slept yet tonight I expect my day will be spent catching a few hours of sleep & I never got around to paying bills yesterday so that will be my big project today. I'm sure I'll be accurate & there will be no concerns of bounced checks or anything. :rofl:

I hope your Tuesday is productive & that you accomplish all you set out to do. Keeping fingers crossed for exemplary behavior in all of our difficult children & a sudden shift in the weather pattern so we have 70 degrees by days end. :beach:

Marguerite

G'day, Linda. I hope you manage to get some sleep. If you want some warmer weather, the portal is open, come visit our beach. But not for another 9 hours, it will be sunrise then.

It's going to get hot later on - they said about 30 C, which will be about 90 F (double it and add 30, was the rule we were given when we changed over from Imperial to Metric). Then strong storms with gale force winds and torrential rain. I think global warming has sent the monsoons down to Sydney and Melbourne. The sea temperature is lovely and warm (probably why so much coastal rain) - it's 23 C (double and add 30 brings that to 76 C - very nice to float around in). Our summer is quite mild this year, it's been lovely so far.

I had a busy morning today - trying to sort out some paperwork issues for the kids, then out to see the new GP and some shopping with mother in law afterwards. We got home mid-afternoon, watching the showery gloomy skies clear up on the way, to bright sun. Too tired to take advantage of it, though. Maybe in the morning, the storms aren't forecast until early afternoon.

I'm working my way through what could be the last box of mangoes for the season, since all the floods are damaging what's left of the tropical mango crop. I live for the summer mangoes here. Queensland is very wet, but still mostly on the coast. People on holiday are trapped, the TV coverage looks awful. Although, given a choice - I wouldn't mind being trapped at Airlie Beach, if my travel insurance was covering the costs. There's something about being stuck on the Great Barrier Reef during summer that would be very hard to take (not).

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Morning

Linda, I too have not been to bed yet. I have this wierd cycle going on again. Sleep through chunks of the day and up all night. Hope you get rest today.

Marg - I might climb through the portal too. I am just south of Linda and it is pretty cold here today also. You always seem so busy. I don't know how you do it all. You are so inspiring.

My day consists of a conference call for some of my volunteer stuff and my church class tonight. Otherwise we are looking at hopefully an unevenful day.

I do know husband went to bed early because he has a tooth bothering him so I might have to nag him to the dentist (he really just needs them pulled and dentures done). He is so typically stubborn though. So if he chooses to not do that I will hopefully get him to work on the sink in the bathroom since he didn't do it yesterday.

Hi to everyone else and hope you all have a great day.

Beth

Wiped Out

Staff member
:good_morning:

Linda-It's cold here too-I have to go out but at least I don't have recess duty today. :cold: I hope you are able to get some sleep!

Marguerite-I want to come to the beach too :beach: Ninety sounds heavenly and like a distant dream.

Beth-I hope you get some sleep soon! :sleeping:I'm glad you have an uneventful day ahead.

I was so tired last night I was asleep a bit before 9:00. I am still feeling tired rather than refreshed and have a bit of a sore throat that I'm hoping will be just a morning sore throat and not develop into more.

After work I hope to get in a visit to the club. husband is taking difficult child to wrestling tonight and I hope to get to bed early again. I feel like I could stay in bed and sleep for a week!

I hope everyone has a peaceful day! :swimming:

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning all. The weather is a little frosty here also. :cold:
We had a long night or I should say it will be a long day. One of the pups got medication last night and has spent 3 to 5 AM upchucking. So here we sit.
husband had an early flight so the whole house is up and about. Funny thing is HoneySue is sleeping like a champ. No more antihistamines for her.

Linda, stay warm. Hope you get to sleep soon.

Marguerite, hope you sort through the paperwork and stay cool.

Beth, ouch about the teeth. Unfortunately, bad teeth and gums can affect his heart and general health. Hope he sees the dentist before it becomes a bigger problem.

I'm hoping to attack the 2 day pile of mail. I may venture out to run some errands but I'd really like to be :sleeping: I guess I'll sleep when I get old. Too much to do for now.
The beach is in my not too distant future after a grueling drive. It's time to check on things down that way.
Hope your day gives you satisfaction of a job well done.

LittleDudesMom

:cold: Good Morning All!

Linda, it's cold here too - but not quite that chilly! I certainly hope you can catch up on your :sleeping: and take advantage of the portal :beach:

Marg, You know, I'm a winter fan but I wouldn't mind a day at the Great Barrier Reef :swimming: Hope the weather allows you to take a dip tomorrow!

Beth, goodness, how do you survive the day or get anything done without sleep :surprise: I hope your cycle gets itself back in order!

Sharon, good thing you won't be standing out in the cold this afernoon :blizzard: Hope you are not coming down with something - go to bed early again tonight!!

I'm working today but I would like to cut out a little early and go to the book store. I talked to difficult child's therapist yesterday about some kinda social skills (not really life skills 'cause I'm not talking hygiene, cooking, etc.) classes or programs. She said that difficult child is like the "because" student in school. There is a lot of attention on the D/F student to get them help, tutoring, why are they failing, etc. There are great programs for the kids that excell with A's like adance classes, scholorships, etc. But the "average" kids kinda fall between the cracks. She said difficult child is like that because he's not on the "typical kid" end and he's not at the other end needing major intervention. There really aren't programs for those kids in the middle of the road.

She suggested I go to the book store in the self help section and find a book or two that has role playing and/or some books geared towards his age that deal with frustration or anger. She said to kind of slip it in there. She knows that difficult child and read together every night. She said just take one night a week and begin to read one of the books. So, the biggest challenge will be to wear blinders and only go to that section. I have a real weakness when entering a book store :stalker:

Tonight easy child and I have our first WW weigh in. I'm hoping for a good result for easy child. She has been working so hard and is on an incredible high right now (I think she is thriving on being able to take charge). Keep her in your thoughts.

Wishing all of you a warm and smooth and Tuesday :hawaii_girl:

Sharon

Good Morning Everyone :coffee:,

I don't have time to address all of you individually because I have to bring difficult child 1 to our local community college to sign up for a computer class that is beginning next week. Then I have to get him back to school ASAP. As we speak, husband is bringing easy child to take a tour at one of the high school's in our SD that she has an option of attending in the fall.

Well, got to run!!! I'm a bit tired this morning :sleeping:. I'm hoping I have time to quickly go through a drive thru and get some more :coffee:!!!

As usual, I hope everyone has at least one reason to laugh or at least smile today... :flower: WFEN :blizzard:

P.S. Think Spring!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/picnic.gif... I'm FREEZING!!! :blizzard:

tiredmommy

Sorry I don't have time to address everyone individually, but it has been the morning from H*E*Double*Hockey*Sticks around here. :devil:
First off, I had a hard time falling asleep because I learned late last evening that my friend's husband is in serious condition after a car accident earlier in the day. :sad: Plus my cat Babs (in typical difficult child fashion) was tearing through the house as I was trying to drift off. I finally fell asleep after 1am. :bloodshot:
Then, my cat Pookie woke me at 5:03am with a hairball. Blech! :rolleyes:
That's when I peeked in Duckie's room and realized she wasn't in her bed but rather standing in the corner. She was crying silently and undressing herself since she had woken up just before I did because she had wet the bed. My daughter has never wet the bed before this, not even a leak through from a diaper! :thumbsdown:So I strip the bed (no easy task since it's a loft bed & the mattress is encased in a zippered mattress cover), clean her up and send her in with husband since her mattress is now off her bed. I go lay down on the couch and kitty Oscar (who can't be outdone by the girl kitties) also has a hairball.
Clean it up and settle back down. :rolleyes:
Thump! Startled awake by the paperboy tossing paper onto the deck. :smile:
Start to drift off again. Oscar attacks Pookie in the hopes of waking everyone and getting fed. I throw my slipper at him and he stops. :grrr:
Finally fall back asleep after 6:30am. To wake up at 7am. :crazy:
And, to top off my morning, I have my annual gyn visit this morning. Yay me!!! :doctor:
I hope you all have a better day than I'm having.
:grounch_day:

Coookie

Good Morning everyone. :smile:

I'm also sorry I can't address all individually but praying for a peaceful day for each of you. :smile:

It is very cold here... :cold: and I slept in.. :smile: which would have been ok except now I'm late. :frown:

Hugs to all..

Calista

Good Morning Ya'll. We are off to a less than stellar start this morning thanks to the medication change. I put difficult child to bed at 8 last night in hopes of a better mood this morning. It seemed to have worked but only for a short period. He got so anxiuos about going to school because of his difficulties over the past few days. He does not normally have issues around going to school, just doing the work once he gets there. I'm crossing my fingers that he will make it through the day. I have my doubts.
:rolleyes:

aeditha17

Morning everyone!!
We are off to the pedi doctor with Tab to try and sort her out. The roads are wet so we have to hurry and get littlest to preschool before we can take Tab to the doctor and therapist. BAD day yesterday at school - wish us luck!
Ya'll stay in bed for me - I will live vicariously through you!!
:smile:
B