Good Tuesday morning, friends.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
A very good Tuesday morning, my friends & fellow warrior parents. :good_morning:

My sleeping pattern is so skewed I thought I'd start the GM thread before I fall asleep for the day! :sleeping::rofl:

It promises to be a pleasant day today with low humidity & moderate temperatures. :water_happy: I'm loving this. husband is hauling my walker out later this afternoon so I can examine the yard & determine what our handyman/gardener is to do next.

I have a physical therapy appointment this morning (she's coming here). The doctor's have ordered in home nursing care as I've taken a small turn for the worse. :doctor: :2dissapointed: I expect it's a temporary blip & I'll begin to move forward.

kt has chosen laundry as her chore for today, then her in home therapist is due in this afternoon & then she & PCA are riding bikes to the beach. :beach: Busy day for my "baby" girl.

Hope you all have a peaceful day & accomplish all you set out to do. :try2fly:

Marguerite

G'day, Linda. I hope you have a productive time in the garden. I always believe you do what you can while you can, so you can feel smug if ever you can't be so active. Sounds like kt has a fun day ahead of her, too.

It's been well and truly back to schoolwork today for difficult child 3. I gave him his exam - unlimited time and open book, but he finished it in only a few hours. His teacher rang partway through it and wanted to talk to difficult child 3. With the teachers back on deck today, the phone was in heavy use. There is a fair bit of stuff to set up - I've requested a Learning Team meeting and also need to sort out some work where the occasional diagram was missing or we had a software incompatibility. difficult child 3's film just needs some final tweaking and he's done. He's putting the music in tomorrow then the final credits, then I get to see it (I hope). I hope his teacher likes it. We'll drop it in on Friday maybe, as we drive up north for a week. I know school is back but the really GOOD thing about correspondence - the student is portable. So is his work. So instead of sitting at the dining table working, we can be sitting by the spa working instead. I'm also looking forward to spending a bit of time with my eldest sister. When we get back, that's when the rush begins for difficult child 1's wedding.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone.

Marg

LittleDudesMom

:princess:Good Morning, How is Everyone Today??

Linda, shine off that walker and take advantage of the low humidity. Walk and look a little, then lounge a little. Get up and walk a little, then lounge a little. I hope there is a lawn chaise that come come and get dusted off as well! Wish I lived close enough to ride to the shore! Hope your days is as productive as you hope :thumbsup:.

Marg, can't wait to hear how difficult child 3's film turns out! Hope difficult child 3 can get lots of work done so there is not as much to transport. Sounds like you are preparing for the calm before the storm :wildone:.

easy child had an interview with the aquatics director of the health club last night. She feels she has the job based on the fact that she has all the tax paperwork and the director wants to hire her and told her the salary (between 2.50 and 4.50 more an hour depending on what she is dong). She has to go back and meet the general manager. She will be required to attend water safety classes and be "retrained" in CPR. She is really excited :swimming:.

I'm biding my time until I ask what our discount membership will be ;)!!!!!

The kids and I are heading to my sister's today. It's a two and half hour drive, but I haven't seen my little nephew in five weeks. He's only nine weeks now. My sister will be on leave until the kids go back to school. After that, with two teenagers, a second grader, a new baby, living an hour from her high-pressure, intense job, I'm not sure when I will be able to spend time with her!!!

My plan was to drive up at least three times this summer and spend the day with her. This is our second trip and I can't wait to hold my little nephew!!

It's supposed to be a scorcher today - another one near 100 :hot: - but baby sis has a pool so we are all taking our suits and a box of cool pops!!!!

Wishing everyone a fabulous tuesday :peaceful:

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good Morning my friends. It seems like a long time since I said that. I was out of town for a bit but I'm home and shoveling out from under the pile of things waiting for me.

Linda, I'm sorry to hear that you had a bit of a bump on your road to recovery. Hopefully, it is in preparation for a big leap forward. Enjoy the yard and the day. Glad kt is helping and is still doing fun things.

Marguerite, your son sounds like he is working hard at his school work. Glad the teachers are back on the phone.

My day is the normal running errands. Have a car to get inspected and driver's license to replace.(have no idea where the other one went). Lots of errands and mail to get through.:check_writer:

difficult child called his dad then me to apologize for being a difficult child and throwing tantrums. :faint:Evidently, difficult child's buddy had a total meltdown on his dad for having his laptop stolen after parents told him to not take it out of the apt. difficult child said he now sees how difficult he is when he knows we are right about something. He made a connection and "click" the light bulb turned on. It doesn't usually stay on too long but it's all part of life experiences that build towards his maturity.
difficult child will be coming home next week to avail himself to services in our home state. His 6 month attempt wasn't making him happy but at least the program wanted him to stay and was sad to see him leave.
In the meantime, easy child needs a home "fix" so he will be returning home for a couple of days with the family. My babies will be home for a bit. I look forward to it. I missed them while we were in Montana and Wyoming. Watching parents taking their kids through Yellowstone was incredibly nostalgic for me. I remembered all the good times we had with trips into nature with difficult child and easy child. They loved to learn.

This summer seems to be whipping by since I don't think I have been home during a weekend for several weeks.

Hope all of you have a productive day. Stay cool. It's pretty brutal hot down this way.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-I'm glad you have the pt at your house although I'm sorry for the small turn for the worse and hope it is very temporary. We too are having the moderate temps and lower humidity. While I love that I turned off the ac last night I was hoping for some warmer temps so I could take difficult child to the pool. Kt sounds like she has a busy day planned!

Marg-The idea of spending time by the spa sounds wonderful! It's nice you'll get to visit with your sister. I haven't seen mine in over two years and can't wait to see her in a few weeks.

difficult child is up and and was in full difficult child mode. He seems to have calmed down for now.

This morning easy child has a dentist appointment and difficult child a psychiatrist appointment. To save gas we are all going in one vehicle. It's across town and the appts. are 35 minutes apart. I told easy child she may have to wait at the dentist office for us to pick her up as I think that her dentist appointment. may not be done by the time his starts.

This afternoon husband is going to see "Hello Dolly". He is a huge Barbara Striesand fan and they are showing it on the big screen today. My niece is going with him. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do with difficult child. I'd take him to the pool but I he always wants me to go in and I only like going in if it's above 80 degrees.

At some point today I will be heading to the health club but it may not be til late and, of course, I will be squeezing in a nap!

Wishing everyone a day filled with some unexpected, pleasant surprises.:cool_dog:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Sharon and Fran, you snuck in on me!

Sharon-Congrats to easy child! Enjoy your visit with your nephew!

Fran-How sweet that difficult child had such a great light bulb moment! It will be nice for you to have them both home for awhile! I'm sorry the program didn't work out for difficult child but glad it is his choice he is leaving.

KateM

Good morning, All!

Timer -- I'm sorry you've taken a small downward turn, but glad to hear you'll get your services at home. Enjoy your time in the garden!Wishing Kt fun on the beach!

Marg --yes, that is the benefit of distance ed -- you can be any distance and still get the work done! I know several moms who home school for a variety of reasons and this flexilblity of time and place is one of the primary benefits.

We are now home from the shore vacation.

difficult child is one step closer to getting a good job that provides training for people with dev disabilities yet is competitive ( not supported) employment. The only problem is we just learned the job training won't begin until November!

easy child is still in Australia, taking in the beautiful sights after the WYD festivities ended Sunday. Yesterday, the Youth Group went to their magnificent zoo; tonight they're on a dinner cruise.

Marg, easy child can't say enough positives about the whole experience! It has been a powerful spiritual trip for her. She loves everything about Sydney and is amazed by its beauty and the friendly, laid-back Aussies.

Hi to anyone who snuck in!

Andy

Good Morning All!!
Timer - Take good care of yourself - enjoy the garden

Marg - Sounds like a successful start to back to school. How exciting to have the film just about done! :)

Little Dude's Mom - I hope all goes well with easy child - what a great job! Stay cool today!

Fran - I hope you get a lot done - Can your difficult child have a talk to my difficult child? We need a "click" also.

Wiped - Here's to another day of jugglling schedules. Hopefully easy child won't need to wait too long at the dentist.

Kate - I am so glad easy child and her group could spend extra time in Australia - It is sad when kids go to events like these but don't take time to actually visit the area.

I will try to go into work a little early today. The neighbor girl is coming over soon. She and easy child are spending the day together. I will most likely take difficult child and my niece to the beach after work.

husband is trying to figure out how to get time for difficult child to go to the dump with him ("because difficult child likes to go to the dump") before 5:00 trumpet lessons because the dump closes 5:30. That would most likely mean husband will need to leave work early?

difficult child and I are coming down with head colds. (Awww Choooo)

Find a way to make your difficult child laugh today.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Adrianne, when difficult child was about 14yrs old, I said that it seemed the light bulb turned on. difficult child said "yes, but it's very,very dim". Gotta love a difficult child. I believe he was accurate. Probably more so than I who kept hoping for more.

Good morning Wiped out, KateM and Adrianne.