Good Tuesday morning friends....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Sorry, I cannot remember the Tuesday morning thread starter ... just beyond me this morning.

It's early & I've struggled with sleep so I got up to great the day early. Not much on my list today...I have to pick a recipe for Occupational Therapist (OT) tomorrow & bring in the ingredients to make. Something simple with few ingredients...hmmmm?

Talked to both my children several times yesterday ... there seems to be a phone competition. When wm heard that kt had been calling me twice daily it exploded. So I have to lay down some guidelines. (The tweedles aren't that great on the phone - not much to discuss with "mom".)

Here's to a calm, peaceful day. Hope it's filled with cooperative difficult children & sunshine.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-I'm glad you don't have much on your agenda today; hopefully you'll get a nap since you were up so early! Definitely time to set some phone guidelines.

Another busy day ahead but that's par for the course at this time of the year. difficult child has drum lessons and, for us, the real bummer is that easy child has cheer practice from 7:30-9:00. It wouldn't be so bad if she went to school on our side of town but it's about a 18 mile drive! Oh well, our fault as we transferred her when she was in 3rd grade.

Would really like to get to the club today but we'll see; didn't make it yesterday either-yikes!!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

LittleDudesMom

Good Tuesday Morning!

Linda, how about something with apples? There are so many choices of great apples this time of the year. Something easy like baked apples, or apple and cheese casserole? Hope your day is a good one and phone competition is brought to a halt!!

Sharon, bummer that cheer practise can't be held right after school. Why so late? I'm guessing maybe the coach works during the day? Hope you figure out a way to fit it all in - you and husband may have to swap errands/kids and work out on alternative days seperately.

Busy day here for me. I've got a number of things to do around the house. Just sold two "buy it now" lots of trucks last night that I have to pack and get out in the mail and I want to list some more since they are selling like hotcakes! I have some banking and offiice work as well. It will be a busy one.....

Hope your Tuesday is a good one!

Sharon

Fran

Former desparate mom
Good morning everyone.
Timer, you are sounding better than I have heard for a while. That's a good thing, right?

LDM, yay! about selling so much. Are you selling off your furniture? or just things that people consign to you?

with-O, you are a busy girl. It's frustrating when you have intentions and plans to do the right thing and you are thwarted. Hope there is a gym visit for you.

TPaul, have a good day.

Today is spent at the hospital with ct scans and chest x ray's. As soon as mom gets a clean bill of health we are taking her to baby's sis's until Thanksgiving. She no longer can stay alone. I am not telling her she isn't going to return to live on her own. It's sort of an unspoken understanding. She will come to me in NC and stay. Sigh. Closing up the house for the winter is a big job. I'm torn between staying and doing it now or going home and returning later. Never enough hours in a day is there?

difficult child is being a trooper. He is dog sitting the 3 dogs and doing a good job. They are a bit of a handful.

Have a good day everyone.

Andy

GOOD MORNING
:D:D:D
Timer - I hope you are able to find some sleep today along with some quiet moments full of peace. The guidelines with phone calls will help a lot - make sure those guidelines include time frames.

Wiped Out - 9:00 end time for a practice seems late. I wish the schools would set a policy that nothing goes beyond 8:00. How can we get our kids to get enough sleep when school events go so late? We all know that they never end on time either and many people/kids want time to visit afterwards. However, I must be in the minority when it comes to this issue or I am sure things would be different.

Little Dude's Mom - I hope there are enough moments in the day and no unwanted surprises to burn your time.

I have been spending lots of time on Facebook. I have gotten addicted to the Mind Jolt games - Algerian Patience Solitare.

Sunday was horrid - I left church very very angry after Sunday School and before 2nd service. Then later in the evening, just as it was getting dark, spent time carefully going through every single item of two garbage bags from Applebees. difficult child left his retainer on the table and it got thrown away. Ugh - But, I did find it! Kind of funny since it had a good ending. Wonder what the neighbors thought as I did this in my driveway? The neighborhood dogs came over to say "Hi" and look for scraps!

It was brought to my attention that I have close to 90 hours of vacation leave to take or loose before July 1st (plus whatever I accumulate before I get below my limit for the year). So, no more making up my time! I gotta start taking vacation time. Ugh big time. I really wanted to use that as an income if/when the time ever came that I lost my job. So, now I need to find over one month of time in the next 8 months to take off and still keep up with my job. (I only work 4 hour days)

Everyone have a great day! Find a way to make your kids laugh.

Andy

TPaul and Fran, you snuck in on me.

TPaul, I have been trying to focus on "Peace" lately. Now that I have lived through two strong willed kids, I realize how important peace really is. I am one to always want to be doing something - go, go, go. I am now ready to sit back and look for peaceful moments.

Fran, A day in waiting rooms - lots of time for you to find peace though that is so hard to do when there is so much you want to start doing. Just force yourself to accept the quiet non-productive moments (though you could take Christmas Cards with and start signing and addressing!). Make this time for yourself.

Marguerite

G'day, all.

With daylight saving here now, I'm finding that it's very late before I get to post in your morning thread.

I've had another moderately busy day. At least I got some sleep last night - had to take a sleeping pill for it, though. I HATE being so badly stressed as this. I'll probably post about it in Watercooler in a day or two, but I'm nervous about posting information which could be accidentally searched by an opponent.

After sorting through emails again, I headed out to get an ultrasound on my leg, urgent because of the possibilty of DVT. Turns out it's not a clot after all, but torn muscles. A number of micro-tears in several places.
I saw my neurologist right afterwards, he said I have to keep exercising and not let the pain stop me. Since I've been needing to do a lot of walking anyway despite the pain, I felt the advice wasn't needed. Still, I guess it's good to get endorsement from an expert to keep doing what I'm doing.

difficult child 3 & I are heading in to his school tomorrow. I asked him to call his teachers whhile I was out today to set it up for tomorrow. If he didn't - well, I still have packed a lot of work for him, plus his completed work to hand in. It saves postage to personally deliver it, besides he needs to collect more work from some of his teachers. I'll be in a meeting most of the day but it won't be too formal, not this time. So difficult child 3 can be set up nearby on his laptop, I can keep checking in on him plus even if he didn't set it up, once I get there I'll notify his teachers that he's there and they will drop in on him.

On the way home I have a couple of errands to run and then hopefully we'll be home in time for him to go to tennis. I've got food chopped up and measured out so in the morning I simply throw Mixture A plus bag of meat into the crockpot and switch it on. Dinner will be slow-cooking all day.

I'm in the process of extricating myself from some volunteer work gone sour and reclaiming some of my life, heading in a more appreciative direction. And to that end - I got a phone call tonight. "Look at page 22 of the local paper!"
I looked - and it's an article on a presentation I did a few weeks ago, it quotes me all through the article and sings my praises in exactly the field I've copped flak for over the last few days. Vindication! I'm going to copy the article and send it to a few people along with my resignation letter. "Sorry, folks, you not only don't appreciate me, you accuse me of dishonesty. I'm clearly valued elsewhere so I'm moving on to where I'm valued and needed, not merely taken for granted."

I don't think I'll need any sleeping pill tonight. My blood pressure is finally returning to normal. My sense of perspective is sharpening. And the sense of relief is palpable.

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Yes, Fran ~ it is a good thing, Some of my medications are being decreased because no one including me remember why I'm on them anymore. If need be I can go back on them. Weight loss continues. The brain injury is what it is ~ I may get more back, I may not. I've accepted this.

Mostly, I think this time alone has given me some time to heal, physically, emotionally & spiritually which wasn't happening with kt here & wm being such a turd.

Marg, glad you got out of that situation.