Good Tuesday Morning Friends

Rabbit

Good Morning Friends! Hope everyone has a GREAT peaceful Day! Today is.. Driving for me, school for difficult children. The usual. I am staring a new diet today. I am the ultimate yo yo dieter.
Hugs Rabbit
:D

tiredmommy

Good morning. :coffee:

Rabbit- Drive safely and good luck with the diet.

I'll be doing my weigh-in a day early this week and then Duckie and a friend will be going to help plant trees with the library's conservation club. Should be fun. Other than that, I need good thoughts for strength and resolve... I'm starting to do some baking for a bake sale this weekend...

Have a great day! Hi to anyonr that snuck in. :salute:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Rabbit-Best of luck with your diet! I need to get back on track myself!

TM-Good luck with your weigh in! Good luck with the baking-chew some gum while baking-that might help. Drink a couple of glasses of water before starting-that might help you feel less like indulging.

Quick hello this morning-our good laptop is on the fritz again so I'm not making the morning thread as often as I like to. This old one is a major pita!
After work I'm going to try to go to the health club-wish me luck as I haven't made it there in a week. After that I'll go visit difficult child.

Wishing everyone a peaceful day:peaceful:

Happy Tuesday everyone....

Rabbit, I hope that your day is a peaceful one - don't you just love new beginnings.... I've been thinking about lowering my calorie intake as well. It's just something about spring that brings that urge out :)

Sharon TM, Fingers crossed for the weigh in. Planting trees is such an affirmative act - a wish for the future. It's one of my favorite things to do. I hope that Duckie enjoys it.

Sharon WO, I bet your work out at the health club will be a good one. It's nice to get back in the swing of things. I hope that your visit with difficult child is a good one.

I'm working at home today, which is good because I need the rest after a whirlwind weekend visit with my Mom. She's about 4 1/2 hours away and the drive does add up. I took her for a birthday dinner , did some planting around her house, shopped, washed, cleaned and repaired. She lives in a retirement community, and gets lots of services, but the little things do add up over time. We had a good visit and I think she's still safe in an independent setting. Time will tell, as she's turning 83!

easy child has gone off to Oregon to visit a new girlfriend , we have our fingers crossed that the visit is a good one! difficult child has a long school day today - his last class is over at 9:45PM - and he'll need a ride. Fortunately he has packed all of his classes into two days a week. I'm not really sure how he does that. I hope to get to the Y for a workout at lunchtime. We're finally getting some rain, so some of these massive yellow piles of pollen may finally disappear :).

Find some quiet moments of peace for yourselves today!

Valerie

Marguerite

G'day, folks. Good luck with the diet, Rabbit. Time to eat bunny food?

TM, I often find that when I'm dieting, i go on a cooking binge. I cook for other people and I find it immensely satisfying.

Sharon/WO, sorry you're having computer troubles. It's amazing how dependent we get on computers.

1DAAT/Valerie, it's a shame your mother is so far away but at least she is in a community with some supports in place. Here's hoping easy child's visit goes off smoothly. And I hope the rain settles down your hay fever.

We've had a busy day today - I drove mother in law out to see our neurologist. While she was there I went to my favourite providore's to some catch-up supplies, then I went back, collected mother in law and we went shopping. She is very slow these days, it's not just her physical snail's pace but she seems to need more thinking time too, when she's shopping. We had to leave in a rush to get difficult child 3 to his drama class, we only just made it.

After drama class we met up with husband then we went to have dinner together (our favourite Chinese restaurant).

I know it all sounds very rushed, but I had a lot of time to just sit and relax. And now we're home, we've unloaded the shopping and I know I have a lot of cooking to do tomorrow, plus food to preserve and pack away. Tomatoes are cheap at the moment so I'm making my prize-winning tomato relish; I stocked up on bulk spices at the providore's.

Tomorrow - should be a quiet day apart from choir practice in the evening. I have some new music to share with the choir, so I feel confident we'll have a good practice. Plus I also have some writing/editing/publishing work to get on with. Hey, it keeps me off the streets!

Enjoy your Tuesday.

Marg