Good Tuesday morning, my friends....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:coffee2::good_morning:

It's a chilly morning....the weather is supposed to hit the mid 60s with lots of sunshine today. :beach:

Not much happening today other than taking kt to tour her new school for the next school year early this afternoon & then her in home therapist will meet with her.

Two of my African violets broke into bloom yesterday ~ they are beautiful, sitting on my desk & it makes me smile. I'm waiting for the other 3 to bloom ~ they are ready ~ any day now. My peace lily is about to bloom as well. Can you tell I'm ready for flowers ~ inside or out. :flowers:

Have a good Tuesday. Here's to cooperative children & a sunny warm day.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Good Morning,

Linda-Don't think I'd know what to do if my children were actually cooperative-lol. Your African violets sounds beautiful. I hope kt enjoys the tour of her new school and that it goes smoothly.

Didn't make it to the club yesterday for a variety of reasons but did get out on a power walk at lunch. No appts. after school tonight so am hoping on making it to the club. I should also get in a power walk at lunch as it is suppose to be a beautiful day!

Wishing everyone a peaceful day and hoping you have many reasons to smile.:D

smallworld

Good morning everyone!

Linda, I hope the tour of kt's new school goes well. And I hope it turns out to be a nice warm sunny day.

Sharon, too bad you didn't make it to the club yesterday, but I'll be sending positive thoughts that you make it today as well as get that power walk in.

It's pouring here in the Difficult Child area. We certainly have had our share of soggy days in the month of May. After our 5K run on Sunday, I worked out at the gym yesterday and am planning another workout this morning. I'm also scheduled to meet a friend (who also has a difficult child) for lunch at noon. Paperwork, straightening up the house and chauffeuring the kids will fill in all the time in between.

Hope you have a peaceful day. Hi if you snuck in.

LittleDudesMom

:hawaii_girl:Good Morning my Sunny Friends! You three sound very chipper this morning! Hopefully those who follow us will be smiling as well....

Linda, hope kt has a good visit today. I think previsits help the kids get rid of those butterflies! For my easy child, when we visited a couple high schools, we arrived at the one she's going to and were walking up the stairs to the guidance office. There were windows on one side of the stairway where you could look out in the cafeteria. She stopped midway up and said "Wow, look at all the hotties!!" She never looked back...... I'm glad your violets have bloomed - they seem to bring hope.

Sharon, hope you get that walk in today - as the weather warms, we seem to get more incentive to move! I've got WW weigh-in tonight and I am not looking forward to it....too many cookouts this weekend!! Enjoy the lovely weather and ignore he misbehaving children!

Small, it's pouring here was well. The weatherman just said, "no real heavy rain, just a gentle spring rain." Well, not at my house!!!!!!!! Have fun at lunch.

I'm going to hit the gym this morning which I never do on Tuesday. Two-fold reason. First I have WW weigh-in tonight and it may not be pretty! Also, I'm loving my new iPod. It made my workout really fun yesteday. So I figured that since I didn't hage a full day at the office today, I would hit the gym for 40-60 min on the treadmill.

My kids are really looking forward to this coming long weekend. We all need a break - it's a long time between spring break and Memorial Day. I can just taste summer coming!!!!!

Have a great Tuesday everyone :bigsmile:

Sharon

Marguerite

G'day, everybody.

Linda, I love African violets. We used to grow them a lot, but I'm too busy at the moment. You must have yours in a good position if they're flowering for you. These days I'm concentrating on growing things outside, although I have cactus and carnivorous plants on my kitchen windowsill.

Sharon/Wiped, I hope it is a lovely day for your walk. Enjoy your time at the club, if you get there.

Smallworld, enjoy your lunch. I hope the wet day doesn't drag you down too much.

Sharon/LDM, I hope the weigh-in tonight is better than you expect. I'm glad you're enjoying your iPod - it does make exercising more enjoyable. Have you got a car cable yet? I love ours, we can play anything we want over the car radio, and there's no tape changing, or need to carry a big box of tapes. If you get the cable, get one which also charges the iPod. Also, get one where you can change the FM frequency, at least with a couple of options. We've found sometimes when we travel, we might drive through a small town with a strong transmitter, right on the frequency we've been using for the iPod. A quick press of a button, and we can continue listening to the iPod without the interference.

We had a fairly quiet day today, although I had my lunchtime chess class (first time for a few weeks). I'm glad difficult child 3 came along to help - there were 24 kids, many of whom cannot play chess! But of course, they THINK they can so we were kept busy trying to teach them how to play, and sorting out disputes. I think I'm going to have to stop this class soon, it is taking too much time away from difficult child 3's schoolwork. But the local school kids love it. I just wish I had some support from the school, other than letting me take over a classroom at lunchtime. Maybe a teacher dropping in to help, would be very welcome.

I managed to get my walk around the block this evening. It's very cold but dry. Some rain is forecast tomorrow, but lately even if its forecast, we get very little actual rain.

Full moon tonight - I could see the moonshine on the sea as I took my walk, it was glowing gold, the moon was so bright. Not clouds, so I could see the stars as well. We're far enough away from the centre of Sydney to be able to see the stars without light pollution. Beautiful.

I may even try to go for another walk later on.

Enjoy your Tuesday, everyone.

Marg